Happy birthday to me! This is my birthday week and so I'm sharing some of my favorite meals, including a luscious triple layer chocolate cake with mocha buttercream for my birthday! Enjoy!
Happy Easter, too! 🐰
This week's meal plan includes a classic, southern Easter dinner menu that I think you'll love!
📅 Food Holidays
- April 16 is National Eggs Benedict Day and I think you'll love my southwestern inspired eggs benedict.
- April 20 is National Pineapple Upside Down cake day. I've added a traditional recipe for that below but you might want to be adventurous and try this pineapple upside down cheesecake.
💭 Things to know
- Remember you can keep the pizza dough in the fridge for up to a week, and use it as you need it. Create your own pizzas with leftovers - it's a great way to use them up.
- I like to make a double batch of the crockpot meatballs and keep them in the freezer so I can have them whenever I want.
- Make or buy extra baguettes and have meatballs sandwiches with the leftover meatballs.
- Have leftover Angel biscuits? Grab some sausage patties and fried them up. Assemble your own sausage biscuits and freeze them in individual servings for an inexpensive breakfast to on the run.
- Have leftover cabbage? Slice some smoked sausage in there, mix with cooked egg noodles, and you've got a delicious lunch or dinner!
- If you have leftover chicken tenders use them in this fried chicken po' boy sandwich - hearty and delicious!
- I make a lot of meals in my crockpot and also my multi-cooker. If you're i the market for one and want to know which would work best in your kitchen be sure to read, Is a multi-cooker better than a slow cooker?
🍹This week's cocktail
Tiffany Blue Sparkler
This Tiffany Blue Sparkler is a bubbly drink is somewhat like a mimosa - but so pretty.
Easter Brunch Menu
Italian Easter Bread
Italian Easter bread is a bit like a sweet brioche wreath with pretty eggs decorating it.
Chipotle Deviled Eggs
Chipotle and bacon makes these deviled eggs amazing but follow the instructions for smoking them and honestly everyone will ask how you did them.
Whether this is a dessert or a salad depends a lot on what part of the country you're from. Either way Pineapple Fluff is delicious.
Pizza is one of my favorites! This easy, no knead, homemade pizza dough means I can have it whenever I want. Serve with a big salad and a zesty Italian dressing.
Green Bean Salad
Tender-crisp green beans are tossed with tomatoes and baby potatoes and marinated in Italian dressing. It's an easy salad that's a delicious change from ... you know... salad.
This dessert goes together quickly and easily. Apple pandowdy is like a cross between a pie and a cobbler - super simple to make!
Buffalo Chicken Pasta Bake
If you love buffalo wings you'll love this cheesy, creamy buffalo chicken pasta!
Broccoli salad brings a sweet crunch to this meal. This is keto friendly but you can make it with sugar instead of sweetener if you prefer.
Crockpot Smothered Chicken
Fall apart tender chicken in a creamy mushroom gravy? Oh yes! This easy crockpot smothered chicken is so yummy!
I love these light and fluffy biscuits! Angel biscuits are a cross between a biscuit and a dinner roll - you'll love them.
Maple Roasted Carrots
Even your carrot haters will gobble these sweetly glazed maple roasted carrots right up.
Circus Animal Ice Cream
My eldest daughter and I are in love with the frosted animal cookies - usually called Circus Animals. When I came up with this pretty pink ice cream with pieces of cookie in it? We both swooned.
Just like old fashioned diner food! Salisbury steak is tender and delicious with a rich and creamy mushroom gravy. It's made in the slow cooker so it couldn't be easier.
I could eat fried cabbage every single day. Caramelized onions and cabbage slowly saute in bacon grease until it's perfectly delicious. Stir crispy bacon in just before serving.
Earl Grey Chocolate Thumbprint Cookies
These old fashioned chocolate thumbprints are delicate and delicious. The chocolate is flavored with a little earl grey tea.
French Onion Chicken
Tastes just like dinner at a French inn. Tender chicken is coated with a dry onion soup seasoning and then baked to perfection. French onion chicken is magnifique!
Southern Green Beans
Southern green beans usually take hours to cook but when you use my method they're done in less than 20 minutes and still have all. that. flavor. Add a can of drained, diced potatoes just before serving.
Pineapple Upside Down Cake
Pineapple upside down cake is an iconic dessert from my childhood! I used to pick the cherries out of the pineapple centers before it ever got to the table - no matter how many times I got in trouble for it! SO GOOD!
Spaghetti & Meatballs
When I was little I was a picky eater. One of the ONLY things I would eat? Spaghetti and meatballs. Use the crockpot meatballs and commercial marinara for a quick, easy meal.
Happy birthday to me! I'll be celebrating with my favorite, deep chocolate mayonnaise cake with mocha buttercream.
There's nothing that smells more like home to me that a skillet of crispy fried potatoes cooking on the stove!
📚 Related recipes
Enjoy 30 quick weeknight dinner recipes!
I love my ice cream maker. It's a little pricey but I can make a half gallon of homemade ice cream anytime I want. It has a freezer compressor right inside so no need for salt.