Happy birthday to me! This is my birthday week and so I'm sharing some of my favorite meals, including a luscious triple layer chocolate cake with mocha buttercream for my birthday! Enjoy!
🫑 What's in Season?
- Leaf lettuces
- Morel Mushrooms
💭 Tips for success
- Remember you can keep the pizza dough in the fridge for up to a week, and use it as you need it. Create your own pizzas with leftovers - it's a great way to use them up.
- I like to make a double batch of the crockpot meatballs and keep them in the freezer so I can have them whenever I want. We'll be using them twice this week.
- Make or buy extra baguettes for the meatballs sandwiches so you can have garlic bread with the spaghetti.
- Have leftover Angel biscuits? Grab some sausage patties and fried them up. Assemble your own sausage biscuits and freeze them in individual servings for an inexpensive breakfast to on the run.
- Have leftover cabbage? Slice some smoked sausage in there, mix with cooked egg noodles, and you've got a delicious lunch or dinner!
- If you have leftover chicken tenders use them in this fried chicken po' boy sandwich - hearty and delicious!
- I make a lot of meals in my crockpot and also my multi-cooker. If you're i the market for one and want to know which would work best in your kitchen be sure to read, Is a multi-cooker better than a slow cooker?
Pizza is one of my favorites! This easy, no knead, homemade pizza dough means I can have it whenever I want. Serve with a big salad and a zesty Italian dressing.
This dessert goes together quickly and easily. Apple pandowdy is like a cross between a pie and a cobbler - super simple to make!
I can't tell you when I first got addicted to meatball sandwiches! I love them just swathed in layers of cheese. These crockpot meatballs make this meal super easy - save some for spaghetti night.
Crockpot Chicken & Stuffing
Just like Sunday dinner at grandma's house! Crockpot chicken and stuffing is a one pot meal with tender chicken, stuffing, gravy, and green beans!
I love these light and fluffy biscuits! Angel biscuits are a cross between a biscuit and a dinner roll - you'll love them.
Circus Animal Ice Cream
My eldest daughter and I are in love with the frosted animal cookies - usually called Circus Animals. When I came up with this pretty pink ice cream with pieces of cookie in it? We both swooned.
Just like old fashioned diner food! Salisbury steak is tender and delicious with a rich and creamy mushroom gravy. It's made in the slow cooker so it couldn't be easier.
I could eat fried cabbage every single day. Caramelized onions and cabbage slowly saute in bacon grease until it's perfectly delicious. Stir crispy bacon in just before serving.
Earl Grey Chocolate Thumbprint Cookies
These old fashioned chocolate thumbprints are delicate and delicious. The chocolate is flavored with a little earl grey tea.
French Onion Chicken
Tastes just like dinner at a French inn. Tender chicken is coated with a dry onion soup seasoning and then baked to perfection. French onion chicken is magnifique!
Southern Green Beans
Southern green beans usually take hours to cook but when you use my method they're done in less than 20 minutes and still have all. that. flavor. Add a can of drained, diced potatoes just before serving.
Pineapple Upside Down Cake
Pineapple upside down cake is an iconic dessert from my childhood! I used to pick the cherries out of the pineapple centers before it ever got to the table - no matter how many times I got in trouble for it! SO GOOD!
Spaghetti & Meatballs
When I was little I was a picky eater. One of the ONLY things I would eat? Spaghetti and meatballs. Use the crockpot meatballs from the other night and commercial marinara for a quick, easy meal.
Happy birthday to me! I'll be celebrating with my favorite, deep chocolate mayonnaise cake with mocha buttercream.
There's nothing that smells more like home to me that a skillet of crispy fried potatoes cooking on the stove!
📚 Related recipes
📚Easy Weeknight Dinners!
Who doesn't need more easy, weeknight dinner recipes? Check out these 30 family friendly, budget friendly family dinners that are freezable, make-ahead, and can be on the table in minutes.
🛒 Shop this post
The following are affiliate links. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
I love my ice cream maker. It's a little pricey but I can make a half gallon of homemade ice cream anytime I want. It has a freezer compressor right inside so no need for salt.