The week after Thanksgiving is usually the beginning of the busiest season of the year. I've chosen simple, family friendly meals that you can assemble ahead and get on the table fast!
📅 Food Holidays
We celebrate a couple of fun food holidays this week. They're silly little holidays but it gives us an opportunity to make some memories and have some fun!
- November 26 is National Cake Day - celebrate with your favorite cake
- November 28 is National French Toast Day - and I'd like to suggest this amazing recipe!
- November 29 is National Chocolates Day - please note that it's PLURAL. More than ONE!! Try these easy dark chocolate truffles!
- December 1 is National Fried Pie Day and there's no reason that I can think of not to make these easy apple fried pies!
💭 Things to know
As we get closer to the holidays don't forget to pick up extra baking supplies here and there so you'll have plenty on hand and not have to buy everything at once.
Make a few loaves of this cranberry nut bread and stash it in the freezer for quick breakfasts and last minute gifts.
Thinking ahead and planning now will save time and stress later!
Here are some tips for this week -
- Cook enough ground beef at once to handle the noodle casserole, stuffed pepper soup, and taco spaghetti. You'll save a ton of time.
- You can cook noodles for both the hamburger casserole and the meatball stroganoff at the same time, too.
- Blanch the green beans for the salad and the southern green beans at one time. Drain, make your salad, and then continue to cook the rest of the beans as instructed in the recipe. The salad will taste better for having been made ahead and you'll be saving time!
- Move the days around as you need to. Don't forget there are more meal plans here.
🍹This week's cocktail
Candy Cane Martini
Candy Cane Martini is deliciously peppermint-y and holiday friendly!
Hamburger Noodle Casserole
Creamy comfort food. You can assemble this easy ground beef & noodle casserole a day or two ahead of time.
Whole Wheat Beer Bread
This easy, no knead beer bread is so hearty and good when it's served warm with just a pat of butter.
These decadent brownies are the gooiest, chewiest ever.
Stuffed Pepper Soup
This stuffed pepper soup will warm the whole family up with tons of flavor and deliciousness.
Classic southern cornbread is so good with just about any meal but especially with this hearty soup.
Peach Dump Cake
The easiest way ever to make a peach cobbler!
Cajun Slow Cooker Pot Roast
Tender pot roast slow cooks all day in classic Cajun seasonings.
Chocolate Upside Down Cake
This simple chocolate upside down cake makes it's own frosting while it bakes! Vintage recipe!
Creamy comfort food! Meatball stroganoff is so easy and it's done in minutes.
Southern Green Beans
Classic southern smothered green beans are full of country flavor.
There's nothing like homemade chocolate pudding - it's so creamy and this one takes just a few minutes in the microwave.
A family favorite! Taco spaghetti is cheesy pasta goodness with a south of the border twist! All done in one pot.
Soft Bread Sticks
Just like the ones you get at Fazoli's or Olive Garden, these bread sticks are easier to make than you might think and SO delish!
Bright cranberry and orange flavors make these fresh cranberry cookies extra delicious.
Tender chicken breast simmers in a rich gravy - you'll love this classic smothered chicken.
Whipped Sweet Potatoes
Sweet and spicy southwestern flavor makes these whipped sweet potatoes extra delicious!
Angel biscuits are a cross between a biscuit and a yeast roll. They're light, fluffy, and hard to stop eating!
Gooey pecan pie is always a big hit with family and friends!
Alfredo Chicken & Ravioli
Alfredo chicken and ravioli is a quick 15 minute meal! Start with cooked chicken breast and it goes together in one skillet.
Marinated Green Bean Salad
This marinated green bean salad brings tons of Italian flavor to the table.
Marble Pound Cake
Marble pound cake is perfect for those of us who can never decide what flavor we want.
Leave a Reply