As the holidays get close and we all get busier it's important to carve out time for just being with family and friends. This week's menu is created to help you do just that!
Table of Contents
📅 Food Holidays
We celebrate a couple of fun food holidays this week. They're silly little holidays but it gives us an opportunity to make some memories and have some fun!
- December 4 is National Cookie Day... so grab a glass of cold milk and choose a recipe!
- December 5 is National Comfort Food Day and to me THIS is the ultimate recipe.
- December 6 is "Cook for Christmas" Day so make a batch of these to freeze for your Christmas dinner.
- December 8 is National Brownie Day...you KNOW what to do - the recipe is right here.
- December 9 is National Pastry Day so bake up a yummy pie to celebrate.
As we get closer to the holidays don't forget to pick up extra baking supplies here and there so you'll have plenty on hand and not have to buy everything at once.
Make a few loaves of this pumpkin bread and stash it in the freezer for quick breakfasts and last minute gifts.
Thinking ahead and planning now will save time and stress later!
Here are some tips for this week -
- You can make the pizza dough on the weekend, keep it in the refrigerator, and it will be good all week.
- Bake the sweet potatoes for both the baked side dish and the pie at the same time. Leave the ones for the side dish whole and just warm them up in the microwave before serving.
- Chop the cranberries for the bread and the cookies at the same time.
- Blanch the green beans for the salad and the southern green beans at one time. Drain, make your salad, and then continue to cook the rest of the beans as instructed in the recipe. The salad will taste better for having been made ahead and you'll be saving time!
- Move the days around as you need to. Don't forget there are more meal plans here.
🍹This week's cocktail
SO festive and pretty! This cranberry daiquiri is the perfect way to celebrate during the holidays.
Flaky and cheesy! These buttery cheese biscuits are so good!
White "Wedding Cake" cupcakes are topped with a fluffy whipped cream cheese frosting.
Let everyone create their own favorite pizza with this easy, no knead pizza dough.
Marinated Green Bean Salad
This marinated green bean salad brings tons of Italian flavor to the table.
This is the old fashioned no fail fudge from when you were a kid. SO good!
A little spicy, this easy chicken recipe has a crumb topping that's amazing.
Classic creamed corn is simple to make and delicious with so many things.
Sweet Potato Pie
So good! Sweet potato pie is sweet and spicy but also totally different from pumpkin pie!
Crockpot Salisbury Steaks
This diner style salisbury steak is so easy in a slow cooker!
Maple Roasted Carrots
A sweet, slightly spice glaze roasts right on these simple maple roasted carrots.
Ok.. not really a dessert but it's so good I can't resist having this classic cranberry bread ANY time of the day!
Texas 2-Step Salsa Chicken
It just doesn't get easier than this salsa chicken!
Southern Green Beans
Classic southern smothered green beans are full of country flavor.
Bright cranberry and orange flavors make these fresh cranberry cookies extra delicious.
Country Style Ribs
Dr Pepper ribs simmer all day in the crockpot until you want to chew the walls. They smell heavenly and are delicious!
Baked Sweet Potatoes
Simplest side dish ever! Make these easy baked sweet potatoes then add butter and a sprinkle of brown sugar...YUM!
Angel biscuits are a cross between a biscuit and a yeast roll. They're light, fluffy, and hard to stop eating!
Grandma's Lemon Ice Box Pie
This simple, no bake lemon pie goes together fast and, since you can freeze it, go ahead and make two and freeze one for Christmas.
This is my favorite soup from my childhood - my mom's "chili". It's quick and easy and full of comfort in every bite.
Classic southern cornbread is so good with just about any meal but especially with this hearty soup.
Santa's Whiskers Cookies
Cherry slice and bake cookies are so pretty, so festive, and SO good. Think cherry shortbread.