Come home to cozy comfort food that's easy to fix with this week's meal plan!
📅 Food Holidays
We celebrate a couple of fun food holidays this week. They're silly little holidays but it gives us an opportunity to make some memories and have some fun!
- December 12 is National Cocoa Day... It's a great day to make these hot cocoa bombs for gifts!
- December 14 is National Biscuits and Gravy Day so bake up some flaky biscuits!
- December 16 is National Chocolate Covered Anything Day, the perfect time to make some of these festive chocolate covered cherries.
💭 Things to know
Here are some tips for this week -
- Brown the beef for the Philly Cheesesteak Pasta and the Tamale Pie at the same time.
- Add leftover maple roasted carrots to the stew during the last 30 minutes of cooking time.
- Make the cornbread while you're mixing up the cornmeal mixture for the tamale pie.
- Move the days around as you need to. Don't forget there are more meal plans here.
🍹This week's cocktail
Cranberry Moscow Mule
SO festive and pretty! This cranberry mule is the perfect way to celebrate during the holidays.
Glazed Pork Chops
Thick cut pork chops are simmered in a slow cooker along with a honey garlic based sauce. Extra good!
You can make these easy mashed potatoes a few days ahead of time. They stay creamy and delicious. If you like a more rustic, country version try this mashed red skinned potatoes recipe.
Oatmeal Craisin Cookies
Soft and chewy oatmeal craisin cookies are dipped in white chocolate for extra goodness.
Tavern Style Mac & Cheese
Gooey mac and cheese is flavored with dark beer and baked in a skillet for a delicious spin on a family favorite.
Marinated Green Bean Salad
This marinated green bean salad brings tons of Italian flavor to the table.
Red Velvet Poke Cake
Red velvet poke cake is sweet red velvet cake with a cheesecake pudding and a cream cheese frosting. So delicious!
No Peek Chicken
This chicken and rice casserole couldn't be easier - as long as you remember not to peek!
Maple Roasted Carrots
A sweet, slightly spice glaze roasts right on these simple maple roasted carrots.
Dutch Apple Pie
Dutch apple pie is filled with tender apples and topped with sweet crumble.
Slow Cooker Beef Stew
Classic beef stew made easy in the slow cooker.
Flaky cheese biscuits are delicious with this stew.
Pumpkin Bundt Cake
Dense, moist, and spicy - this pumpkin bundt cake is a favorite around here.
Philly Cheesesteak Pasta
Gooey provolone cheese, onions, and lots of beef make this Philly cheesesteak casserole SO good.
Southern Green Beans
Classic southern smothered green beans are full of country flavor.
Bright cranberry and orange flavors make these fresh cranberry cookies extra delicious.
Hearty tamale pie is an easy dinner casserole that everyone loves.
Roasted Sweet Potatoes
Sweet and spicy! Roast sweet potatoes are almost addictive.
Grandma's Lemon Meringue Pie
This classic lemon meringue pie has a thick fluffy meringue over a creamy, tangy filling.
Chile Corn Chowder
Creamy corn chowder with a southwestern flair!
Classic southern cornbread is so good with just about any meal but especially with this hearty soup.
Cranberry Bliss Bars
Easy, white chocolate and cranberry bar cookie made famous by Starbucks!
Leave a Reply