I’m bringing my favorite holiday cocktail to this week’s #SundaySupper. Cranberries are an iconic holiday ingredient and they add color and tangy flavor to this Cranberry Moscow Mule cocktail recipe. Quick and easy, this sparkly orange vodka cocktail has enough holiday cheer to make Ebineezer Scrooge throw a party for the Spirits of Christmas. Using frozen cranberries instead of ice chills your drink without diluting it and it looks pretty!
For this recipe you’ll need: vodka, cranberry juice, limes, frozen cranberries, ginger beer
A big thanks to Christie from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures for putting this weeks’ #SundaySupper together!
I love Mule cocktails!
There are so many variations, so many different types of liquor you can use, and SO many flavors that you wouldn’t have to drink the same one twice unless you wanted to. It’s a simple drink so the quality of the ingredients is very important.
Traditionally the Moscow Mule is served in a chilled copper mug but I don’t like the feel of copper on my lips (sensory processing disorder) so I prefer a frosted glass.
Tips for Perfect Moscow Mules
It’s an easy drink but these tips will make you the neighborhood cocktail ninja.
- Don’t use cheap vodka – it makes drinks taste like rubbing alcohol.
- Keep vodka in the freezer.
- Use a spicy, high quality ginger beer. I like Reeds Extra Spicy. If you’ve only ever used bland, big-corporation ginger ale you really haven’t tasted a mule.
- Use fresh limes.
- Shake everything except the ginger beer with cracked ice and strain into a frosted glass or chilled copper mule cup.
- Add ginger beer to taste.
- If you like it extra spicy a few drops of hot sauce works wonders.
You May Need…
The following are affiliate links. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Thanks so much for being a part of Restless Chipotle!
Here are the traditional copper mugs to serve your Cranberry Moscow Mule cocktail in!
Cranberry Moscow Mule Recipe
You can mix this Cranberry Moscow Mule cocktail up in individual sized servings or make it by the pitcher or punchbowl. It’s so pretty with the frozen cranberries and blush color. I’ll add a sprig of rosemary to the glass as well if I happen to have one but I was fresh out when I took these pictures. You may also want to take a look at one of my other favorite holiday drinks – this Fig Old Fashioned.
Love this recipe? Please consider giving it a 5 star rating below. ?
Cranberry Moscow Mule
- 2 ounces orange vodka, , plain vodka can be used
- 2 ounces cranberry cocktail
- 1/2 ounce fresh lime juice
- cracked ice
- 4 ounces spicy ginger beer, , ginger ale can be substituted
- 2 tablespoons frozen cranberries
- lime wedges
- Mix the vodka, cranberry cocktail, lime juice, and cracked ice in a shaker.
- Shake until the shaker is icy cold and frosty.
- Strain into a chilled glass.
- Add the ginger beer.
- Add the cranberries and lime wedges to garnish.
IF YOU LIKED THIS CRANBERRY MOSCOW MULE COCKTAIL YOU MAY ALSO LIKE…
From left to right: Christmas Cookie Martini, Mexican Hot Chocolate, Irish Margarita
More Winter Cocktail Recipes #SundaySupper
- Bourbon Flipby Sunday Supper Movement
- Buttery Nipple Cocktail by Positively Stacey
- Candy Cane Cocktail by My Blissful Mess
- Cranberry Moscow Mule by Restless Chipotle
- Ginger Caramel Apple Mule by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Mincemeat Manhattan by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Mulled Cranberry Vodka Cocktail by Food Lust People Love
- Snow Honey Cocktail by Our Good Life
- Sugar Plum Martini by Pies and Plots