Sex in the Driveway is a gorgeous blue cocktail made with vodka. It’s perfect for sipping by the pool or serving at cookouts. The only thing controversial about this fruity mixed drink is its name. This recipe is meant for adults 21 and up.
Ingredients for this recipe: peach schnapps, blue curaçao, vodka, Sprite, crushed ice, and the garnish of your choice. Don’t have all of these ingredients? Try my twist on the classic gin and tonic
Table of Contents
Fall in Love with This Gorgeous Blue Cocktail
Sex in the Driveway cocktail is a beautiful blue mixed drink that’s made with vodka, blue curacao, peach schnapps, and Sprite. It’s so unbelievably simple that it’s my favorite go-to party drink.
I am pretty sure anyone having sex in the driveway in the summer in Texas would not be blue – I imagine they would be kind of a bright red and their bare skin would sizzle on the pavement.
Not a very romantic interlude, you know? Anyway, I have no clue why this lovely adult drink is called Sex in the Driveway, but there you have it, it’s a fact. I don’t really understand why the kids’ show Caillou is still on the air, either. There are just some things that can’t be explained.
By the Pitcher
This bright blue drink doesn’t need to be blended or shaken so it’s great when you need a pitcherful. You can mix up the base and then add the Sprite or club soda as you need to to keep everyone happy.
Warning – it’s a fruity drink and sophisticated cocktail drinkers are likely to scoff at it’s simplicity and one flavor note… sweet.
Serve This Blue Cocktail at Your Next Summer Party!
Still, I think it is perfect for summer parties because it’s so easy and everyone (except the sophisticates) loves it. Peach and orange flavors combine with fizzy Sprite to give flavor to the rather robust amount of vodka in this cocktail. It’s easy to drink but one of those that can really sneak upon you.
You’ve been warned.
More Great Summer Cocktail Recipes
Great cocktails are a necessary part of summer entertaining. The first three in this list are also blue drinks.
- Electric Lemonade is a sip of light blue ahhhhhhh on a hot day. Don’t know what I mean? Make one – you’ll see.
- Blue Hawaiian is kind of like a blue Pina Colada – very creamy and good.
- Tiffany Blue Sparkler is similar to a mimosa. Bubbly and delicious!
- Dirty Shirley is the grown up version of your childhood favorite.
- Frozen Hypnotiq Margarita Cocktail is slushy with a light grapefruit flavor.
- Dragons Blood Cocktail is layers of red and green.
- Hammered Hulk Cocktail is another one of those cocktails that will sneak up on you – it’s bright green.
You May Need…
The following are affiliate links. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
What’s new? Check out my Restless Chipotle & Co. Store on Amazon where you’ll find all kinds of nostalgic goodness! Thanks so much for being a part of Restless Chipotle!
Sex in the Driveway Blue Cocktail Recipe
You can use the slider on the serving size to change the servings to 20 so you can make it in a pitcher.
It’s also a great cocktail to make and serve in canning jars with tops screwed on. Make enough for all your guests then stick the jars in a kiddie pool full of ice.
And… I love y’all so drink responsibly, ‘k?
If you love this recipe please give it 5 stars!
Sex in the Driveway All Summer LongPrint Add to Collection Go to Collections
- 1 ounce peach Schnapps
- 1 ounce blue Curaçao
- 2 ounces of Vodka
- 6 ounces Sprite, or club soda if you like it less sweet.
- Crushed ice
- Place crushed ice in a highball glass (or whatever you happen to have.
- Add the Schnapps, Curaçao, and vodka.
- Carefully top off the glass with Sprite.