The Blue Hawaiian Cocktail and the Blue Hawaii Cocktail are sometimes confused but they really aren’t the same drink. The Blue Hawaiian is made with cream of coconut while the Blue Hawaii is made with sour. This Blue Hawaiian Cocktail is creamy, sweet, and pretty — with lots of tropical flavor.
Sweet coconut, pineapple, white rum, and blue Curacao are blended with ice for a frosty, slushy, tropical drink. There is just not much that says vacation more than Hawaii, right?
One of the things I love about this drink is the color. When it’s blended up it turns a beautiful Tiffany blue. The flavor is sweet, with a delicate touch of coconut and pineapple. It’s just right for kicking back and watching a 1960s Bikini movie on Netflix while it’s cold and rainy outside. 🙂
Be careful with these. A Blue Hawaiian cocktail is one of those drinks that you can sip on all night and when you stand up the universe tilts. They do pack a punch so sip slow and snack while you are drinking. The most used garnish is a pineapple slice but I really like just sugaring the rim with blue sugar crystals – it’s beautiful and I like the texture when I drink from the glass. If you like Pina Coladas then you will probably like this because, while it doesn’t taste exactly the same, it does have a lot of similarities.
And it’s blue. Doesn’t it just make you want to have a party?
Blue Hawaiian Cocktail Recipe
What’s not to like? Refreshing blue color, sweet tropical flavor, and easy to make. Sounds like the perfect drink for summer to me!
If you love this recipe please give it 5 stars!
Blue Hawaiian CocktailPrint Add to Collection Go to Collections
- 1 1/2 ounces of white rum
- 1 1/2 ounces of Blue Curacao
- 3 ounces of pineapple juice
- 1 1/2 ounce of Cream of Coconut, (like Coco Lopez)
- 1 cup of ice
- Blue sugar crystals, , cherries for garnish
- Dip fingers in cold water and run around the rim of a glass.
- Pour sugar crystals into a flat dish.
- Roll cup rim in the sugar crystals to coat.
- Set aside.
- Add the rum, Curacao, pineapple, cream of coconut, and ice to a blender.
- Blend until smooth.
- Pour into a glass, top with a cherry, and serve.