Start out your Fourth of July celebration with a patriotic breakfast or brunch!
Your reputation for the neighborhood best parties ever will be set in stone with these easy recipes and inspiration for decor. Be sure to read the tips at the bottom for ways to save time and money.
Table of Contents
- ❤️ Why these ideas work
- 4th of July breakfast recipes
- Cream cheese danish
- Blueberry scones
- Sour cream blueberry bread
- Blue cornmeal waffles
- Red, white & blue coffee cake
- Watermelon basket
- Patriotic fruit salad
- Air fryer donuts
- Vanilla scones
- Blueberry white chocolate muffins
- Blueberry blue cornmeal pancakes
- Spiced apple rings
- 🎉 More great 4th of July breakfast ideas
- 💭 Things to know
- 📚 Related recipes
- 💬 Comments
❤️ Why these ideas work
You're going to love these easy 4th of July breakfast ideas!
- Most of the following ideas are quick and easy.
- Many can be made ahead of time.
- They're great for Memorial Day, Labor Day, and any other summer party!
No matter how big your afternoon cookout is going to be, no matter how many hot dogs, hamburgers, and salads you have planned - your family is going to be hungry first thing in the morning.
These fabulously fun red, white, and blue themed breakfast ideas are the perfect start to your summer celebration!
They're great for brunch, too!
4th of July breakfast recipes
I like to keep holiday breakfasts simple by using convenience foods, easy recipes, and dishes I can make ahead.
Here are some of my favorites!
Cream cheese danish
Make these ultra-easy cream cheese danish pastries with red white and blue sprinkles! They start with canned crescent rolls and take just minutes to make.
Crumbly, buttery scones stuffed with fat blueberries and topped with a lemony glaze are a delicious breakfast. Just top with those fun sprinkles and edible stars.
Sour cream blueberry bread
Sour cream makes this blueberry bread extra tender and delicious. You can use ¾ of the blueberries called for in the recipe and add chopped maraschino cherries for the other ¼.
Red, white & blue coffee cake
No one I know can turn down this easy berry and cream cheese coffee cake! Make it up to 2 days ahead of time.
A watermelon basket is super easy with these step by step instructions. You can make it a day ahead of time and keep the fruit in ziploc bags until serving time.
Patriotic fruit salad
Fresh fruit is always a healthy option for breakfast and this summer fruit salad is beautiful! It has a delicious honey lime dressing that takes it over the top.
Air fryer donuts
These air fryer donuts start out with refrigerated biscuits and they take just minutes! Roll in powdered sugar or add a thin glaze and sprinkle with patriotic sprinkles.
Buttery, tender, and delicious! Vanilla bean scones are easy to make and everyone loves them.
Blueberry white chocolate muffins
Blueberry white chocolate muffins are make with juicy, fresh blueberries & white chocolate chips stirred into a buttery muffin batter.
Blueberry blue cornmeal pancakes
Not unlike the waffles above, these blueberry blue cornmeal pancakes are absolutely over the top delicious and so unique!
Spiced apple rings
These cinnamon spiced apple rings are delicious! Serve them with a scoop of cottage cheese on top and sprinkled with blueberries, use them on top of pancakes, or serve them plain.
🎉 More great 4th of July breakfast ideas
Here are more fun ideas!
- Red, white, and blue yogurt breakfast popsicles look delicious and what kiddo isn't going to want to have a popsicle for breakfast?
- These adorable French toast skewers are a patriotic red, white, and blue breakfast that's fun for kids of ALL ages!
- The CUTEST 4th of July breakfast toast, ever.
- American flag fruit tray works for breakfast, brunch, or as part of your picnic! It's always a crowd-pleaser!
- No one's going to turn down a stack of these firecracker pancakes.
- American flag donuts are a gorgeous way to start your day!
- Use this raspberry orange breakfast strata recipe and add some blueberries for a red, white, and blue theme!
- Crescent roll cinnamon rolls are super easy, and you can go wild with sprinkles.
- Make these pina colada smoothies and add a drizzle of strawberry puree on top for a patriotic drink.
- Make an easy, patriotic cheese board with blueberries, strawberries, blackberries, and raspberries arranged with Monterey Jack cheese cut in star shapes for Independence Day. You could make these easy homemade saltine crackers and cut them in star shapes, too.
- Make fruit kabobs with strawberries, blueberries, and powdered sugar donut holes. These cute skewers are irresistible!
- Serve cranberry juice mixed with club soda.
- Stir patriotic sprinkles into your favorite pancake or waffle batter.
- Cut frozen waffles into star shapes with a large cookie cutter.
- Layer vanilla yogurt with strawberries and blueberries. Sprinkle the top with a few red and blue sugar crystals or sprinkles for a delicious summer treat.
- If you're making brunch you can't go wrong with a delicious sangria!
- Strawberry jam, blueberry jam, and mock Devonshire cream make great toppings for toast, scones, or muffins and keep the patriotic theme.\Use a little canned frosting to make a glaze for purchased muffins and sprinkle red, white, and blue sprinkles on top. Quick and easy!
- Red velvet pancakes are gorgeous!
- Glaze purchased muffins or donuts and add a layer of pop-rocks candy to the top.
- How about a red, white, and blue waffle breakfast board?
- Add some blueberries to this raspberry cream cheese coffee cake. (Hint, it's made in minutes with canned crescent rolls!)
💭 Things to know
Use these tips to save you time and money!
Expert Tip: If you're having an outdoor brunch be sure to keep cold things cold and hot things hot. Dispose of any food that's still out after 2 hours.
- Use convenience foods to keep it super easy.
- Gel or paste food coloring will give things a more vibrant color than regular liquid food coloring.
- Here's a fun way to add color - swirl in red and blue gel food coloring to your regular pancake batter.
- Red, white, and blue sprinkles can go on top of cinnamon rolls and donuts, even if they're purchased! Use them with wild abandon!
- Serve on patriotic themed paper plates.
- If you're having a lot of people over to get the day started use 4 ounce canning jars with screw on tops for juice or even mimosas. You can pour in your drink, put the top on tightly, and then push down into a container of ice.
- Potato salad and pasta salad made with mayonnaise should be kept on ice.
- Use red, white, and blue bandanas for napkins.
- A week or so before the party sit down and make a list of what needs to be done and what you can make ahead of time.
- Daisies, Queen Anne's Lace, or other simple flowers can be added to canning jars for inexpensive table decor.
- Here are some ideas for patriotic cocktails in case you want to start the rest of the celebration early!
📚 Related recipes
Here are more summer recipes you'll love.
What are your favorite ways to start the 4th of July in a fun way? We're always looking for inspiration so please share in the comments below!
Have a safe and happy 4th of July!
First published June 19, 2022. Last updated June 26, 2023 with more recipe ideas, tips, and editorial improvements.