Two of my favorite flavor in the world are white chocolate and blueberries. I like them separately of course but when they are together?
These muffins are full of both. Big, melty white chocolate chunks and sweet blueberries are nestled in buttery muffins with a crunchy streusel on top. Every bite is full contrasting textures and flavors. When you make these your entire house is going to smell amazing. Really amazing.
I have always loved blueberry anything. When I was about four my dad and I were headed out of town on a plane. It was early in the morning and as we drove to the airport I asked dad if we would have breakfast on the plane.
“I want blueberry pancakes!” I said, jumping in my seat. Those were the days before seatbelts were required.
He smiled and shook his head,”They don’t do blueberry pancakes on planes.”
I just grinned and said, “They will for me, Daddy!”
I think he sighed. I don’t remember. What I do remember is that they served blueberry pancakes on that flight.
So, these aren’t pancakes but they are muffins and they are amazing. The crumb is tender and so buttery it’s unbelievable. The streusel gets crunchy and crumbly and the white chocolate and blueberries just dance along on your taste-buds like a team from a 1930s musical. Addictive, delicious, simple, and they freeze well.
Now is the time for fresh blueberries so don’t wait too long to get these blueberry white chocolate muffins on the table.
Blueberry White Chocolate MuffinsPrint Add to Collection Go to Collections
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 beaten egg
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly grated lemon peel
- 1 cup white chocolate chopped in chunks OR white chocolate chips
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ginger
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
Before You Begin
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Put paper liners in muffin cups or use the silicon liners that are available.
- Combine flour, sugars, baking powder, salt in a bowl.
- Stir in milk, egg, butter,lemon peel and vanilla.
- Fold in the white chocolate and blueberries.
- Spoon into muffin cups.
- Combine the dry topping ingredients in a bowl.
- With cold fingers rub butter into dry ingredients until the mixture is crumbly and looks like coarse crumbs.
- Sprinkle the topping on the muffins.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool in pans for 5 minutes.
- Serve warm