Marye Audet-White, Search Engine Seduction, Own It, Darling, and Restless Chipotle are all part of Restless Chipotle Media, LLC located just south of Dallas. Read more about Audet-White's Expertise in the Media. Contact Marye at: [email protected]
Hey Y'all! I'm Marye Audet-White, the creator of Restless Chipotle. My specialty is recreating the foods that we all loved as kids - finding those vintage recipes and bringing them back to life then sharing them here.
I'll help you create a kitchen legacy that Grandma would be proud of... because someday those dinner rolls are just going to be a memory that makes someone smile.
Whether you need a casserole to take to a sick neighbor or a prize winning layer cake to wow everyone at the next church potluck you'll find the recipe right here on Restless Chipotle. A few readers have even won blue ribbons at their county fairs with them!
We're building old fashioned, small town community right here, one recipe at a time. Grab your coffee and come on in.
Southern food is about family
Remember the days when family and friends gathered together, talking and laughing and sharing food? It might have been a dinner table complete with a big ham in the center after church on Sunday or it might have been a pitcher of tea and a plate of cookies on the porch on Friday night - it didn't matter. Life was good. People were important. And the guys in the white hats always prevailed.
It's not that way anymore. Few of us live near family and with our constant treks to school, work, soccer games, gymnastics practice, and an unending list of errands we don't get much time to get to know the people in our own houses let alone the neighbors.
Well, welcome to Restless Chipotle, a place where everyone is family. I share cherished family recipes along with the stories about them to help you recreate that old fashioned, small town feeling of belonging no matter where you are.
Let's stay in touch
Be sure to grab your free (super-cute) baking tips cheat sheet. You'll also be signed up to get regular emails where I'll share family recipes, seasonal ideas, and more. You'll also be able to email me back and get straight to my inbox!
Yes, I DO answer my own emails!
What to read first ... and why
Here's a list of the posts I think you should probably take a look at first -
- Start Here Page is full of information that you might not know about Restless Chipotle. Like, for example, did you know you could change the number of servings in the recipe and the measurements would change? Or that you can create a cool recipe box of your very own right here on the site?
- Complete Guide to Homemade Bread is your new best friend if you're trying to learn to make bread.
- Menu Ideas - Remember how your mom's big Better Homes and Gardens Cookbook had a list of special menus in it? Well I've created one (and am continuing to work on it) with menu ideas for various holidays. Check it out!
- 50 Best Cookie Recipes is a reader favorite. I love it because it makes it easy when I have to send something to a class party or a youth group event for the kids or grandkids. SO MANY COOKIES!
- Buttermilk Bread is perfect for beginners. It's been pinned so far over a million times on Pinterest I've stopped counting. It never fails and it truly is the BEST sandwich bread ever.
- Frito Pie is literally a 3 minute dinner that everyone loves. Keep the ingredients on hand, bookmark this recipe, and try it when you have one of those days.
I've worked for a lot of clients over the years, covering a variety of subjects from homesteading and homeschooling, to travel and decor. My magazine clients include: Houston Family Magazine, Haute Living, Texas Living, and Dallas Child.
Not only do I own an extensive collection of vintage cookbooks (1885 through 1970) but I've written over 10 cookbooks myself - one even spent a week on the NY Times Bestseller List.
I've loved to cook practically forever and have developed recipes for companies like Tillamook and CK Mondavi & Family Wines.
The sordid details or, how it all began
I was a traditional, stay at home mom (SAHM) for 30 years. When my ex left I became completely responsible for providing for the kids and paying the bills but I did not want to leave them to go to work.
They had always been homeschooled and our lives were already in such turmoil that I really didn't see the point in adding much more change. I had been writing for a few years and decided to make that my career.
So in the space of about 24 hours I went from SAHM to WAHM, and I am so thankful I could. It has been an incredible blessing to be able to work at home.
It's been even better getting to know each of y'all!
The happily ever after or, no fairy godmother required
I use my old married name, Marye Audet, as my professional name because that's how I had established myself prior to the remarriage.
Also, having lived with a name for 30 years, well it sort of grows on you. I'm in the midst of changing to Marye Audet-White so you'll probably see both here and there.
Yep - they're both me.
My husband is fabulous, and I won't say more because there seems to be a shortage of really fabulous men these days and I don't need the competition.
My children are all brilliant, incredible, and superbly beautiful and talented. My grandchildren seem to have inherited those same qualities.
We are restoring a 100 year old house just south of Dallas. I bought it in 2003 and have been second guessing my sanity since then. With 4300 square feet of potential it's sure to be a showplace. Eventually.
If we survive.
That's not even all of us! Missing are two sons and two daughter in laws, my stepdaughter, and stepson. Oh, and a grandson who had disappeared to the bathroom... plus 4 more new grandkiddos!
10 facts about me... just in case you need to know
- Favorite color: Red
- Favorite Cuisine: Italian
- Favorite Movie: Romantic Comedies... pretty much any of them. I hate high stress, high violence movies.
- Favorite Cocktail: Georgia Roadhoase Tea at Logan's Roadhouse... served in a canning jar, y'all. A QUART.
- I Can't Handle: Liars. Lying puts me over the top every single time.
- Eye Color: hazel olive green with gold flecks... Like gold leaf sprinkled on fresh cow manure.
- Favorite Flower: Rose. Hydrangeas and peonies are a close second.
- Biggest Fear: I will fail at something/people won't like me.
- Something I wish I had known at 18: To believe I had value and to trust my gut.
- If I could live anywhere: A Victorian farmhouse with secret passages, on 40 acres, located in the mountains on a cliff that overlooks the sea, about 15 minutes from a large city.
Your turn. Email me at [email protected] and tell me about you! I'd love to get to know you better.
Thank you so much for spending time with me here on Restless Chipotle. I know how valuable your time is - and I am honored that you choose to spend some of it with me.
I'd love it if you'd connect with me on Instagram! See you there?