Ravioli is one of my favorite comfort foods. There is something about it being chewy, cheesy, and high in carbs that whispers comfort to my inner child. I like making it homemade but most often I buy the frozen cheese ravioli from Costco. I know it is not as delicious as fresh ravioli but it suits me just fine.
Most often, at least around here, it is either served with a tomato based sauce or plain butter and a sprinkle of Parmesan. Well this time I decided to use a chicken Alfredo sauce. SCORE!
I don’t understand why I hadn’t used it before – Chicken Alfredo Ravioli is absolutely delicious. If I hadn’t had spinach and mushroom haters at the table I would have added sauteed mushrooms and spinach both!
If you haven’t made an Alfredo sauce before try this just once. Fresh is fast and so much better than canned.
- 1/2 cup of unsalted butter
- 8 ounces of cream cheese
- 2 cloves of garlic , minced
- 1 1/2 cups of milk
- 1/2 cup of heavy cream
- 6 ounces of grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/8 teaspoon of ground black pepper
- Pinch of freshly grated nutmeg
- 2 cups of diced , cooked chicken breast
- 1 cup of sauteed mushrooms , optional
- 2 cups of chopped , fresh spinach, optional
- 24 ounces ravioli , fresh or frozen - cooked
Melt the butter in a saucepan.
Saute the garlic until it softens.
Add the cream cheese and stir until blended.
Add the milk, cream, and Parmesan and whisk until smooth.
Stir in the chicken breast (and mushrooms/spinach if you are using them) and serve over ravioli or other favorite pasta.