When I’m looking for a quick weeknight dinner idea I reach for this Chicken Alfredo Ravioli recipe! It takes about 30 minutes if you’re cooking the chicken OR only about 15 minutes if you’re using cooked, leftover chicken! Either way, it’s creamy comfort food that’s perfect for the cold, blustery days of winter. This post has been updated from the original August 2012 version.
For this easy pasta recipe you’ll need: cheese ravioli, spinach, mushrooms (optional), chicken, butter, cream cheese, garlic, milk, heavy cream, Parmesan, salt, pepper, nutmeg,
Ravioli is one of my favorite comfort foods. There is something about it being chewy, cheesy, and high in carbs that whispers comfort to my inner child. I like making it homemade but most often I buy the frozen cheese ravioli to save time. You could also get the fresh ravioli in the refrigerated section.
Most often, at least around here, it is either served with a tomato based sauce or plain butter and a sprinkle of Parmesan. Well this time I decided to use an Alfredo sauce and toss in some leftover chicken and spinach. It was amazing! I’ve added mushrooms to the recipe simply because, even though my family doesn’t eat mushrooms, they would really taste good in this dish.
Comfort food should be creamy, hot, and easy to fix – at least that’s what I think. AND when I think of comfort food I tend to think of pasta.
I sprinkled some Mozzarella on this when it was done and stuck it under the broiler for a few minutes to get that bubbly caramelization like you get at the restaurants. You don’t have to do that and it’s not part of the recipe or the nutrition information. It was good though!
I usually add cream cheese to my homemade Alfredo sauce if think I am going to be warming up leftovers. Real Alfredo sauce is very delicate and it will separate if you warm it up a second time. It’s just not good that way. Adding a little cream cheese helps it stay nice and creamy as long as you warm it up gently. If you happen to use a jarred sauce you should be ok to warm it up, too. They add ingredients to keep the sauce from separating
If you’re in a huge hurry there’s nothing wrong with grabbing a jar of Alfredo sauce from the grocery store. I sure won’t tell. I’ve been known to do it myself once or twice… or ten times. Life isn’t as cut and dried as we’d like to think it is sometimes. 🙂 Corners get cut and that’s ok.
Menu Ideas for a Chicken Alfredo Ravioli Dinner
I’ve never been comfortable just putting one thing on the table. I like to have a main dish and at least a side or two. I also like to throw in a dessert, although I’ll admit that I am doing that less and less these days! It’s weird how life changes so slowly that you don’t realize it and then all of a sudden you realize that you don’t do the things you used to… and no one has missed it!
Making this a full meal doesn’t have to take any more time than the 15 to 30 minutes you’ve allotted for this easy weeknight recipe – here are some menu suggestions-
- This homemade baguette seriously takes 30 minutes from the time you measure the flour to the time you slice it for the table.
- Salad is always a good choice with pasta.
- Roast Asparagus is yummy with this chicken alfredo ravioli! Just toss fresh, raw asparagus in some olive oil, sprinkle with salt, and roast at 425F for 12 to 15 minutes.
- Grab some oranges, cut them in half, sprinkle sparingly with brown sugar, and broil them until the sugar melts and bubbles – watch carefully. The citrus is a nice finish to the creamy, rich pasta dish.
- If you’ll be adding wine try a Chardonnay or a Pinot Grigio.
If you don’t happen to have ravioli on hand try this Southwest Chicken Pasta Skillet.
You May Need…
The following are affiliate links. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Thanks so much for being a part of Restless Chipotle!
I really like to take a couple of minutes to finish this dish in the oven so that there’s a little crispy crust. It’s easiest in my iron skillet – honestly I use it for everything!
More Quick Dinner Ideas from Restless Chipotle
You can never have too many quick dinner ideas, right? Here are some of my favorites!
- Bourbon Chicken – 30 minutes – Like the food court at the mall…except better.
- Sausage Alfredo – 25 minutes – creamy sauce, pasta, and smoked sausage
- Chicken and Noodles – 30 minutes – classic comfort food!
- Frito Pie – 15 minutes – like we used to get at football games.
- Enchilada Soup -25 minutes – warm, spicy, and comforting!
- Creamy Burrito Casserole – 30 minutes – Quick, easy Tex-Mex
15 Minute Chicken Alfredo Ravioli Recipe
This recipe has been consistently popular since I first published it in 2012. It’s just so darn easy and you get SO much goodness everyone loves it! If you love it, too, please consider giving this recipe 5 stars!
Chicken Alfredo RavioliPrint Add to Collection Go to Collections
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 8 ounces cream cheese, ,room temperature
- 2 cloves garlic, , minced
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 6 ounces Parmesan cheese, , grated
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 pinch nutmeg, , grated
- 2 cups chicken breast, , cooked and diced
- 1 cup mushrooms, ,optional -sliced and sauteed
- 2 cups spinach, , optional -chopped
- 24 ounces ravioli, , fresh or frozen- cooked and drained
- Melt the butter in a saucepan.
- Saute the garlic until it softens.
- Add the cream cheese and stir until blended.
- Add the milk, cream, nutmeg, pepper, and Parmesan and whisk until smooth.
- Stir in the chicken breast (and mushrooms/spinach if you are using them) ,and serve over ravioli or other favorite pasta.
Sign up for the emails and never miss another recipe!!We'll never share your email or send you spam. Pinkie swear.
If you liked this Quick Chicken Alfredo Ravioli recipe you may also like…
From left to right: Chicken Biscuit Sliders, Macaroni and Cheese, King Ranch Chicken Casserole
Still looking? Here are a couple of recipes from some of my favorite bloggers
Mac and Cheese The Country Contessa
Cracked Out Chicken Bubble Up Plain Chicken