This post is sponsored by BabbleBoxx.com on behalf of Bertolli®.
When you need quick, creamy comfort food you’ll love this easy Sausage Alfredo skillet dinner made with NEW Bertolli® Organic Creamy Alfredo Sauce. Caramelized onions, smoked sausage, and shell pasta are stirred together with Alfredo sauce then topped with Mozzarella. After a few minutes under the broiler the dish comes to the table steaming hot with a golden brown, cheesy crust. Your family will love it!
For this recipe you’ll need: Bertolli® Organic Creamy Alfredo Sauce, shell pasta, onion, butter, smoked sausage, Mozzarella cheese
A Caribbean vacation in the first week of January sounds like a great idea until you come home to snow, ice, and frigid temperatures. Thanks a lot, Texas.
I came home from vacation with some sort of respiratory infection that’s left me exhausted, a backlog of work that’s piled up more than anticipated, colder than normal temperatures, and a heater with a loose wire that only works when all the planets are in the proper alignment. Since it’s too cold to throw peanut butter and jelly sandwiches at the family and call it dinner I’ve been thankful for quick and easy dinners like this Sausage Alfredo recipe.
I mean, when it’s cold and blustery who wouldn’t want to come home to creamy comfort food?
Bertolli Sauces Make Dinner Easy
I love having Bertolli sauces on the pantry shelf. They use only natural ingredients and their new Alfredo sauce is made with all organic ingredients like fresh cream, milk, butter, aged Parmesan, and Romano cheese. It’s full of the rich, authentic flavor that I feel good about. The two I use most often are this Bertolli ® Organic Creamy Alfredo Sauce and the Bertolli® Organic Fire Roasted Garlic Marinara Sauce that’s made with vine ripened tomatoes and roasted garlic. Everything is natural and GMO-free.
I’m hoping to take my husband to Italy for our anniversary in the fall. One area that I especially want to visit is Tuscany because the food philosophy there is so similar to my own – use a few simple, high quality ingredients to create dishes that are overflowing with flavor. It’s the philosophy Bertolli has embraced as well and how they create their pasta sauces. A few simple ingredients, lightly cooked in olive oil to bring out all of the flavor – so I don’t have to.
Smoked Sausage Alfredo Skillet Dinner Recipe Variations
One of the things I absolutely adore about this easy dinner recipe is the number of possible variations. Here are some of my favorites – but don’t be afraid to experiment to find your own.
- Mix about 1/2 cup of the Bertolli® Organic Fire Roasted Garlic Marinara Sauce in with the Bertolli® Organic Alfredo before stirring it into the pasta. It makes a nice rosa sauce that is both creamy and tangy.
- I like to use spicy smoked sausage because it’s a nice contrast with the creamy sauce.
- Try cooked Italian sausage instead of smoked sausage – either sweet or hot (or a mixture of the two!).
- Of course, cooked, leftover chicken is delicious in this dish.
- Add green and red Bell peppers in the pan when you are sautéing the onions for both color and flavor.
- Mix up cultures with the addition of some poblano pepper or a little jalapeno.
- A few handfuls of fresh, baby spinach is good in this dish.
- I like shell pasta because it collects the sauce but penne pasta, fusilli, farfalle, and rotini are good, too.
- Use smoked Provolone instead of Mozzarella on the top before broiling.
- If you happen to have some cooked broccoli, peas, green beans, or whatever – toss it in.
- Try some of the sauce combinations at the Bertolli website.
Menu Ideas for Pasta and Sausage Alfredo Skillet
If you are anything like me, and I bet you are, you’re mind goes blank when you’re in a hurry and you end up throwing dinner on the table and yelling over your shoulder, “cut up some lettuce to have with it”. Here are some quick and easy menu ideas when this comforting smoked sausage recipe is your main course:
- Sliced tomatoes with Italian vinaigrette, 30 minute garlic bread, melon slices
- Steamed, buttered broccoli, hot Italian bread, chocolate cobbler
- Green beans sauteed with garlic, brown and serve rolls, ice cream
- Mixed baby lettuce greens with mandarin orange slices, purchased bread sticks, cookies
If you’d like a wine to serve with this dish I’d recommend a Pinot Bianco, Reisling, or Pinot Grigio. If you’re more of a beer person a craft IPA really works.
Easy Sausage Alfredo Skillet Dinner Recipe
Creamy Alfredo sauce, tender pasta, sweet onions, spicy smoky sausage, gooey Mozzarella – this dish is Italian comfort food that the entire family will love. It’s done is 20 minutes or less, too. Perfect for busy weeknight dinners! If you love this recipe please give it 5 stars!
Smoked Sausage Alfredo Skillet Dinner
- 1 pound medium shell pasta
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup onion, , chopped
- 1 pound smoked sausage, , sliced
- 15 ounces Bertolli® Organic Creamy Alfredo Sauce
- 1 cup Mozzarella, , shredded
- Preheat the broiler.
- Cook the pasta 10 minutes in salted boiling water to cover, or as directed on package.
- Meanwhile melt the butter in a heavy, 12-inch iron skillet.
- Add the chopped onion and saute about 3 minutes.
- Add the sausage and continue to saute, stirring often, about 2 more minutes or until the onion is golden and soft.
- Stir in the drained pasta and the Bertolli® Organic Creamy Alfredo Sauce.
- Sprinkle with Mozzarella.
- Place under the broiler for 3 to 5 minutes, or until the top is golden brown and the cheese is melted and gooey.
- Serve immediately.
If you liked this easy skillet dinner you may also like…
From left to right: Southern Baked Mac & Cheese with Beer, Macaroni and Cheese, King Ranch Chicken Casserole
This recipe is included in Meal Plan Monday. Check it out.
Let's Keep in Touch!