Summer parties and weekends by the pool mean you’re going to need some refreshing drink recipes. Here’s my list of the best summer cocktails ever. You’ll find all kinds of cocktails from blue ones to gin, vodka, or bourbon recipes. You’ll even find unique cocktails that you may not have heard of before. Don’t forget to pin this so you’ll have it to refer to all summer long!
Table of Contents
Blue Summer Cocktails
- Blue Hawaiian (Restless Chipotle) is like a pretty blue pina colada! Full of tropical flavor
- Electric Lemonade (Restless Chipotle) is refreshingly tangy for those days it’s too hot to do much more than sip a cool drink and watch the grass wither.
- Sex in the Driveway (Restless Chipotle) is one of my favorite cocktails for summer parties for the mere shock value of the name.
- Red White and Blue Gin and Tonic (Restless Chipotle) is perfect for holiday parties… plus it’s not as sweet as a lot of other summer cocktails.
- Frozen Hypnotiq Margarita (Restless Chipotle) is full of bright citrus flavors.
- Tiffany Blue Sparkler (Restless Chipotle) is also made with Hypnotiq and it’s just right for brunch.
- Blue Lagoon from Mom Foodie is sure to bring a splash of fun to your pool party or summer event. The Blue Lagoon is an easy classic cocktail guests will love.
Bourbon/ Whiskey Cocktail Recipes
- Bourbon Peach Tea (Restless Chipotle) in a pitcher, a couple of rocking chairs on the porch… now that’s summer!
- Whiskey Sour (Restless Chipotle) is a classic. I used to steal the cherries from my mom’s leftover drinks by the pool. I’m sure I slept well those nights!
- Whisky Old Fashioned Sour from Bowl Me Over is a classic midwestern cocktail… just garnish with your favorite pickled vegetables!
- Jacked Up Peach Cocktail (Restless Chipotle) is made with Jack Daniels, Peach Schnapps, and some other yummy things to make a drink that tastes like a juicy peach soaked in whiskey. It’s light and refreshing — just right for a summer party.
Gin Cocktails – Refreshing and Light
- Rhubarb and Rose Gin Spritz from the Boozy Oyster is an easy but delicious cocktail that takes only minutes to mix because you make the rhubarb syrup in advance. It’s tart, sweet, refreshing, and perfect for a barbecue or summer cocktail party!
- Blueberry Elderflower Martini from Sidewalk Shoes combines an elderflower martini and a blueberry martini to create this delicious and fruity blueberry elderflower martini featuring gin, elderflower liqueur, blueberries and lime juice.
- French Vanilla Gin and Tonic (Restless Chipotle) has everything you love about a good G&T with a little delicate vanilla flavor to soften it.
- Grapefruit and Elderflower Cocktail from Gimme Some Oven has some of my favorite flavors. I’m definitely trying it soon.
Rum Summer Cocktails
- Coconut Rum Painkiller from Gastronom is a yummy twist on the classic — a trip to paradise!
- Strawberry Mint Bliss from the Olive Blogger is an easy Summer Drink that can be made alcoholic or non-alcoholic to suit your tastes! Full of fresh strawberries and mint, it will leave your thirst quenched on a hot summer day!
- Fresh Pineapple Mojito from Veggies Save the Day is the perfect way to enjoy a mojito at home! This famous cocktail from Cuba has become very popular worldwide in recent years. And you only need a few basic ingredients to make them.
- Pina Colada Mule from Cupcakes and Kale Chips combines the bright and refreshing pineapple and coconut from a pina colada with the zingy ginger beer and lime from a traditional Moscow Mule.
- Strawberry Pina Colada from Nourished Simply is a lower calorie version of the classic frozen Pina Colada.
- Brazilian Iced Coffee (Restless Chipotle) is like your favorite iced coffee drink but with a kick from the rum. Delicious!
- Coconut Mai Tai (Restless Chipotle) is sweet and tropical with extra coconut flavor.
- Lavender Earl Grey Mojito (Restless Chipotle) combines some of my favorite flavors.
- Frozen Banana Daiquiri (Restless Chipotle) is just plain adorable.
Southern Comfort Cocktails
- Alabama Slammer (Restless Chipotle) is bright red, kind of sweet, and packs a heavy punch.
- Southern Comfort Punch by Refresh Restyle looks perfect for parties!
- Southern Comfort Manhattan is a delicious twist on the classic from Dishes Delish.
Tequila Cocktail Recipes
- Blood Orange Paloma is a great update on a traditional Paloma from Bowl Me Over. Bright and refreshing, a Paloma Cocktail is a cooling sip in the summer!
- Tequila Berry Smash from Wicked Spatula is perfect way to use all those summer berries! So good for summer get togethers, an accompaniment to s’mores by the fire, or simply sipping all night long right into fall.
- Durango Cocktail (Restless Chipotle) is like a Paloma but the flavors are softened with Amaretto.
- Slushy Prickly Pear Margarita (Restless Chipotle) is a vibrant pink cocktail that’s indescribably good.
- Key Lime Pie Margarita (Restless Chipotle) is a slice of one of my favorite pies that you can sip! Drink your dessert.
- Fruity Watermelon and Berry Margaritas (Restless Chipotle) by the pither just belong on the table all summer long.
- Spicy Orange Margarita from Crafty Little Gnome is an orange mango margarita with a twist. Top the margarita with hot sauce and rim the glass with jalapeno slices
Unusual Summer Cocktail Recipes
- Refreshing Licor 43 from the Tortilla Channel is a unique cocktail made with a few simple ingredients.
- Rosemary and Lillet Spritzer from Nourish and Nestle is made with a delightfully scented Rosemary Simple Syrup giving a fresh and piney aroma to this cocktail.
- Cargo Cult from Gastronom Blog is one I had never heard of before! Imagine that! It’s a mezcal, coffee and banana tiki cocktail with coconut cream is the perfect tropical summer drink!
- Aperol Spritz from All Our Way is a light and refreshing apertif.
- Adonis Cocktail from A Communal Table is low alcohol but high on flavor.
Vodka Cocktails for Summer
- Watermelon Cooler from Everyday Maven is made with watermelon and vodka –definitely what summer party legends are made of. Alcohol-free version included!
- Long Beach Iced Tea from Greedy Gourmet has just about every kind of alcohol you can think of in a gorgeous pink drink. Warning – it packs a punch!
- Madras Cocktail from Mom Foodie is easy to make and oh-so refreshing! The Madras was especially popular in the 80’s and like all things from that era, is making a comeback.
- Mermaid Dreams Shots from Seduction in the Kitchen has a shimmery liquid that glistens like a mermaid’s tail. This coconut flavored drink will be your cocktail for the summer.
- Love Potion from The Chunky Chef is so pretty and it’s sure to be a hit at all your summer parties.
Summer Cocktails with Wine
- Summer Sangria from Wicked Spatula is a delicious summer sangria that’s packed full of summer fruit and citrus, mint, and a splash of tequila. Hand me a glass!
- Froze is a grown up slushie from Aspiring Winos. Cool off this summer with a delicious frose cocktail, aka frozen rose. It’s easy to whip up a big batch for a patio afternoon or BBQ grill out.
- Peach Raspberry Sangria from A Joyfully Mad Kitchen is a simple sangria recipe with peaches, raspberry, wine, and a quick peach simple syrup. This cocktail is perfectly refreshing for summer and incredibly easy to make!
- Berry Pink Lemonade Prosecco Punch from Swirls of Flavor is a refreshing party punch flavored with puckery raspberry lemonade and bubbly Prosecco – then topped off with the sweet bursts of fresh berries.
- Tropical Pineapple Sangria (Restless Chipotle) can be made by the pitcher. Make it with white wine.
- Agua de Valencia from The Things We’ll Make lets fresh orange juice and cava take center stage in this popular Spanish cocktail reminiscent of the mimosa.
Summer Cocktail Recipes FAQs
I think that anything cool and refreshing is the best. Choose light spirits like vodka or gin that are mixed with lime, lemon, or other citrus – then chill. Mojitos, Gin and Tonics and wine spritzers are all classic!
Vodka is great for summer cocktails because it mixes easily with anything from sweet tea and lemonade to tropical juices.
I think that any sort of spiked Ice Tea is a great, refreshing drink for summer!
There are a variety of types of “ice cubes” that don’t melt that you can use. Some are bpa free plastic while others are made from stone and other materials. They are kept in the freezer until you need them then washed and refrozen afterwards.
You May Need
The following are affiliate links. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
What’s new? Check out my Restless Chipotle & Co. Store on Amazon! Thanks so much for being a part of Restless Chipotle!
Cocktails don’t require much in the way of equipment but you may want to have the following items on hand for your summer cocktail parties –
I love this galvanized iron and rose gold cocktail set so MUCH! It would look fabulous on an outside bar at summer parties.
Doing a lot of traveling? THIS IS THE BEST!!! It’s a cocktail kit for those plane rides. I’m totally swooning!
Non-melting stainless steel ice cubes keep your drinks cold without diluting them.Let's Keep in Touch!