Perfect for summer sipping! This lime cocktail is every bit as yummy as the famous pie.
This recipe is meant for adults over 21. Please drink responsibly.
Table of Contents
🗝️ Key takeaways
Skip the line at your local restaurant and make this fried shrimp po boy sandwich recipe is the ultimate casual dining or game-day food! It's sure to make any party complete.
- Unique recipe
- Creamy and refreshing
- Super easy and everyone loves it!
If you are looking for a special cocktail this Key Lime Pie Margarita might just be it.
It's creamy, tangy, and sweet just like your favorite Key Lime pie but with a margarita kick! Perfect for Cinco de Mayo or any of your summer parties!
💭 Things to know
- I used reposado tequila in this recipe. It's sweeter, smoother, and has a golden color compared to silver tequila. Either will work in this recipe.
- Regular lime juice will work fine if you can't get key lime juice.
- The Midori helps give it a pretty color but isn't necessary - you can just leave it out.
- Make sure to use sweetened condensed milk - I used Eagle Brand.
📚 Related recipes
📞 The last word
This lime margarita is definitely a dessert in a glass. Don't let the sweetness fool you though. You'll want to go easy on this one!
Or it will sneak up on you hard.
If you click on the number of servings in the recipe card you can adjust the measurements up or down for the exact number of servings you need. Don't forget that you can click on "add to collection" to save it to your own, private recipe box!
If you love this recipe please give it 5 stars! ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Key Lime Pie MargaritaPrint Pin Recipe Save Recipe
- 3 ounces Reposado tequila
- 2 ounces sweetened condensed milk
- 1 ½ ounces Midori
- 1 ½ ounces key lime juice, or more...depends on your taste
- 1 ounce coconut rum
- ½ ounce vanilla vodka, or regular vodka and ½ teaspoon vanilla
- Generous pinch of Confectioner's Sugar
- Green sugar or graham cracker crumbs for the glass rim
- Sliced lime for garnish
I earn a commission from Instacart from qualifying purchases.
- Mix the tequila, sweetened condensed milk, Midori, key lime juice, coconut rum, vanilla vodka, confectioner's sugar, and about 6 ice cubes in the blender.
- Blend until smooth.
- Meanwhile dip your fingers into some of the sweetened condensed milk and run it around the tops of the glasses.
- Roll the rims in green sugar crystals or graham cracker crumbs.
- Pour the Key Lime Pie margarita in the glasses and garnish with the sliced lime.
Nutrition information is estimated as a courtesy. If using for medical purposes, please verify information using your own nutritional calculator. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
First published May 5, 2016. Last updated June 15, 2023 for readability and editorial improvements.
✍🏻 A note from Marye...
I know y'all don't always like the stories bloggers tell so when I have one I try to put it at the very bottom so you can read or skip as you like.
I will be the first to admit that I don't really love regular margaritas -- I want mine sweet, slushy, and as large as possible so that I don't have to get up from my chair to refill it very often.
This margarita is sweet, creamy/slushy, and you can make it as big as you want. It is SO good with tangy lime, creamy vanilla, and a touch of coconut flavor that it's almost a dessert.
I was making them this morning and trying to get it exactly right for the pictures. At my house the BEST time for me to take pictures is between 9 am and 11 am so you can see the problem, right?
I am finishing this post and heading to the gym. The yummy margarita I made is staring at me from across the table as I write.
There's no way I'm getting through back and shoulder day after drinking a margarita so it will have to wait until later.
So tempting. I mean, it's practically a lime version of an Orange Julius, right?
Breakfast smoothie? No?