What is a party with out a punch or two?
Even if you are having a genteel tea there is just something perfect about a vintage punch bowl brimming with a sparkly punch. This punch is surely fit for the Princess in your life and her entire entourage. Made with a sweet lavender syrup, it sparkles with gingerale and teases your tastebuds with tart lemon. If the party is all adults you can even add some flavored vodka.
The color is a delicate light violet and may vary depending on the lavender buds that you use. If yours seems a little too pale for your taste you can very carefully add a tiny bit of purple food color - and I mean a tiny bit!
This is one of the most refreshing punches that I have come up with - and I am planning to try the lavender infusion in a lavender margarita as soon as I get a chance. I will let you know how THAT goes.
It is really important to get a good gingerale. If you are used to the insipid flavors of most commercial gingerales I'd like to introduce you to Reeds Jamaican Gingerale. It has real ginger flavor and a little bite - delicious. If you can't get Reeds then get Vernors. As far as conventional gingerales go it is absolutely the most flavorful that I have found... And no, they didn't pay me to say that.
Once you know how to make an infused simple syrup an entire new world of flavors and possibilities opens up for you. While this calls for an infusion of lavender you can easily substitute anything:
The sugar syrup is perfect for brushing on the tops of baked muffins, the cut side of layer cakes, or for glazing strawberries and other fruit.
Disney Princess Party: Lavender PunchPrint Add to Collection Go to Collections
- 2 1/2 cups of water
- 1 1/2 cups of sugar
- 1/3 cup lavender buds
- 2 1/2 cups of water
- 1 cup of lemon juice
- 1 2- liter bottle of Gingerale, (about 2 1/2 quarts)
- Heat the 2 1/2 cups of water and 1 1/2 cups of sugar.
- Bring to a boil and simmer until the sugar completely dissolves.
- Remove from heat and add the lavender.
- Allow the mixture to come to room temperature or let stand overnight.
- Strain out the lavender buds.
- Add the strained lavender syrup to a punch bowl.
- Add the other 2 1/2 cups of water and 1 cup of lemon juice.
- Stir well.
- Just before serving add the gingerale.