A big thank you to Sauza® Tequila for partnering with Restless Chipotle to bring you this paid post.
These fruity margaritas are refreshing cocktails that are perfect for your Cinco de Mayo and summer celebrations. Since this recipe is made in a pitcher your time is freed up to relax with your guests! Strawberries, watermelon, lime, and basil are blended with tequila to give make this the best Cinco de Mayo cocktail around.
For this recipe you'll need: strawberries, watermelon, limes, lime juice, fresh basil, simple syrup, triple sec, club soda, and Sauza® Signature Blue Silver Tequila
Sauza® Tequila is family owned and has been turning out tequila for over 140 years at the Sauza Distillery in Jalisco, Mexico. In fact, the company was founded in 1873 by Don Cenobio Sauza. That's a long time for a company to stay in business! Sauza® Signature Blue Silver Tequila is made with 100 percent weber agave. Such authentic flavor makes Sauza® the perfect tequila to share with friends.
You can find plenty of tequila cocktail ideas on the Sauza® Tequila website.
Make Entertaining Easy
Celebrating Cinco de Mayo is easy! All you really need are some chi fruity margaritas are refreshing cocktails that are perfect for your Cinco de Mayo and summer celebrations. ps, some salsa, and a pitcher of margaritas! Some great ideas for making your celebration memorable are:
- Use bright colors. Get brightly colored paper plates, napkins, plasticware, and cups at your local party store.
- OR... use a roll of burlap for a more country feel.
- Use Gerbera daisies or other brightly colored flowers in terra cotta pots on the table. Cacti are another possibility for table arrangements.
- Keep the food easy - have a burrito bar or a taco bar and let guests make their own creations.
- Play mariachi music loud enough for everyone to hear but soft enough that guests can talk without yelling. Your neighbors will thank you!
- A piñata is a great way to end the evening.
- If children will be present be sure to make some non-alcoholic punch or agua fresca.
- Mason jars tied with string are perfect to use as glasses.
- Have an alcohol-free "margarita". Orange and pineapple juice, club soda or lemon lime soda, and sliced fresh fruit keep the party going.
Pitcher Drinks: Better Make A Little Extra
It should be no surprise that this Texan likes tequila. If you've read the blog very long you've realized that many of the cocktails I create are tequila based. I love the warm, smooth flavor of reposado or an aged anejo tequila equally as much as the brighter, cleaner flavor of silver tequila.
Instead of crafting individual cocktails, I decided to mix things up (literally!) by making a batch of pitcher-style margaritas. It allowed me to enjoy my own party for a change!
I chose the Sauza® Signature Blue Silver Tequila anda for these margaritas in a pitcher because I wanted the flavors of the fruit to really shine through. An added benefit is that the silver tequila is clear so the color of the fruit doesn't get muddied. Beware, though. If you make this pitcher of margaritas more than a couple of hours ahead of time the color of the fruit will "bleed" into the drink and make it a little cloudy. On the other hand, it does need to stand for at least an hour for the flavors to really pop,
[clickToTweet tweet="In case you didn’t know, Cinco de Mayo is the biggest holiday of the year for tequila" quote="In case you didn’t know, Cinco de Mayo is the biggest holiday of the year for tequila" theme="style4"]
Variations on This Recipe for Pitcher Style Margaritas
One of the best things about margaritas is that you can vary the ingredients and still come out with an amazing drink! Here are some possible substitutions:
- Use peaches in place of the watermelon
- Add a sliced jalapeno
- Use citrus fruit - grapefruit, oranges, lemons, and limes
- Experiment with fresh herbs. Adding a sprig of rosemary really adds a punch to drinks. Be careful, though. You can easily over-do it.
- Don't be afraid to use a little more or a little less simple syrup depending on your tastes.
Fruity Margartia Recipe
Are you inspired yet? It's so easy to make this pitcher style margarita! It's a good thing too, because they disappear fast! Have a great party and -- drink responsibly. Your life is precious.
If you love this recipe please give it 5 stars!
Fruity Margaritas by the PitcherPrint Add to Collection Go to Collections
- 1 bottle silver tequila
- 2 cups triple sec
- 1 cup lime juice
- 1 cup simple syrup
- 1 quart strawberries, hulled and quartered
- 1 cup small watermelon wedges, rind removed
- 1 bunch fresh basil
- 2 limes, sliced
- Club soda
- Mix the tequila, triple sec, lime juice, simple syrup, quartered strawberries, watermelon, fresh basil leaves, and sliced lime in a pitcher.
- Let stand for at least an hour in the refrigetator.
- Top off the pitcher with club soda before serving.
Sign up for the emails and never miss another recipe!!We'll never share your email or send you spam. Pinkie swear.
Drink Smart® Sauza® Blue Tequila, 40% alc./vol. ©2017 Sauza Tequila Import Company, Chicago, IL
If you liked this tequila cocktail by the pitcher you may also like...
From left to right: Mango Tequila Sunrise, Texas Mule, Irish Margarita