This bourbon cocktail is meant for adults 21 and over - please drink responsibly.
❤️ Why you'll love this recipe
- Absolutely delicious!
- Super easy to make pitcher drink.
- Perfect for long summer afternoons on the porch.
Cold and refreshing! All you need is a pitcher of this bourbon peach tea, a rocking chair, and a porch...
Actually the process is pretty simple - it's making the puree that takes the longest. You could skip a step and use peach nectar if you like but I don't think it tastes as good.
- The day before you're going to make a big batch of peach puree.
- If the pulp bothers you then you'll need to strain it out in a cheesecloth. It didn't bother me.
- You can also put your tea together the day before if you like.
- When you're ready to make the cocktails just add everything together in a pitcher and give it a good stir.
- Serve in Mason jars filled with ice and a slice of lemon on the side.
- It just doesn't get easier than that!
💭 Things to know
- If you prefer you can make a peach simple syrup rather than using the fruit. Make the simple syrup following the instruction in this strawberry vodka lemonade.
- Try different bourbons to find the one you like best.
- I like to freeze sweet tea into ice cubes and use that instead of regular ice cubes. That way the drink doesn't get diluted.
🍹 More summer cocktail recipes
I think that cocktails are made for summer. It's a time when we tend to be more relaxed (in theory) and spend more time entertaining friends and family (in theory). Even if your idea of the perfect summer afternoon is Netflix and the air conditioning turned down to 52 degrees a cocktail in hand can only make that better, right?
Here are some of my favorites.
- Brazilian Iced Coffee is a delicious "spirited" version of one of those chilled, sweet coffee drinks you pay too much for.
- Sex in the Driveway is a bright blue tropical tasting cocktail that is perfect by the pool... or turn on some of those old bikini movies from the 1960s and pretend...either way, this is a yummy drink!
- Alabama Slammer is a sweet, fruity drink that’s made with Southern Comfort.
- Long Island Tea looks like a big, frosty glass of iced tea but in reality it contains some pretty serious ingredients like gin, tequila, rum, and vodka. It’s refreshingly perfect for summer sipping!
- Spiked Arnold Palmer -so cool and refreshing- it’s one of those perfect cocktails that will tame the hottest summer day.
- Peach Jack Daniels Cocktail is a sweet update on a classic highball.
The following are affiliate links. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
This pitcher and glass set is perfect for serving your bourbon peach tea! It's very "southern" to take the tea and glasses out to the porch to sip and watch the world go by.
Fresh, bourbon vanilla beans are exactly the right way to take the flavor in this drink right to the top.
What’s new? Check out my Restless Chipotle & Co. Store on Amazon where you'll find all kinds of nostalgic goodness! Thanks so much for being a part of Restless Chipotle!
📞 The last word
Let's talk about summer in the United States. More specifically, let's talk about summer in the South.
Hot, muggy, and oppressive-- our summers are almost unbearable sometimes. Many of us spend afternoons on the porch where we can catch a cool breeze -- and a porch is incomplete without a pitcher of sweet tea.
I've taken this sweet tea to another level with the addition of bourbon and peaches. The southern inspired flavors guarantee that your friends will be asking for this recipe way before the summer is over.
Keep a pitcher of this available for those drop in guests -- you'll probably find that the number of "drop in guests" goes up quite a bit after the first couple of times you serve it.
Here's the bourbon peach tea! Give it a try and let me know what you think!
If you click on the number of servings in the recipe card you can adjust the measurements up or down for the exact number of servings you need. Don't forget that you can click on "add to collection" to save it to your own, private recipe box!
If you love this recipe please give it 5 stars! ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Bourbon Peach TeaPrint Save Go to Collections
For the peach puree
- 1 pound peaches, the riper the better
- ¾ cup dark brown sugar
- 1 vanilla bean, split lengthwise
For the tea
- 2 cups sugar
- ½ gallon water
- ⅓ cup loose tea, or 4 family sized tea bags
- 8 ounces bourbon
- 4 ounces Peach Schnapps
- 1½ cups peach puree
- 3 cups tea, recipe above
- peaches, sliced for garnish
- lemon, sliced for garnish
I earn a commission from Instacart from qualifying purchases.
For the peach puree –
- Mix the ingredients together.
- Cover tightly and keep in the refrigerator overnight.
- Next day the sugar will be dissolved and the mixture will be juicy.
- Remove the vanilla bean.
- Blend the peach mixture until smooth.
- Store tightly covered in the refrigerator.
For the tea
- Put the water in a large pot.
- Add the sugar and bring just to the boiling point, stirring until sugar is dissolved.
- Immediately remove from the heat.
- Stir in the tea or add tea bags.
- Steep tea bags for 5 minutes or loose leaf tea for 3.
- Remove tea bags or strain the loose leaf.
- Pour tea into a pitcher and let come to room temperature before adding ice.
For the Cocktails
- Fill a glasses with ice.
- Add the bourbon, peach puree, Peach Schnapps, and tea to a large pitcher.
- Stir to blend and add the peach slices and lemon to garnish.
- Pour into glasses and enjoy!
Sign up for the emails and never miss another recipe!!We'll never share your email or send you spam. Pinkie swear.
First published April 22, 2016. Last updated May 15, 2021 to improve readability and add information.
Peach and bourbon is a perfect combination!
Spiked iced tea? Yes ma'am. And now that peaches are coming into season and the temps are rising, this is the perfect hot weather drink.
🙂 well, I think I am going to need spiked hot chocolate here. We've had such a cold rainy MAY!
Cynthia / what a girl eats
A pitcher of this would be perfect this weekend around the pool!
Jill Silverman Hough
You had me at bourbon, Marye! Looking forward to hearing more about your trip--meanwhile, sipping your tea 🙂
🙂 I love this stuff!