This bourbon peach tea is the perfect summer cocktail. Sweet, refreshing, and full of ripe peach flavor -- and best of all you can make it by the pitcher. This recipe has enough of a bourbon kick to say, welcome to the south, y'all!
This cocktail is meant for adults 21 and over - please drink responsibly.
For this recipe you'll need: peaches, dark brown sugar, vanilla bean, sugar, filtered water, loose leaf black tea, bourbon, peach schnapps, pitcher, ice
Table of Contents
The Perfect Spiked Sweet Tea!!
Let's talk about summer in the United States. More specifically, let's talk about summer in the South.
Hot, muggy, and oppressive-- our summers are almost unbearable sometimes. Many of us spend afternoons on the porch where we can catch a cool breeze -- and a porch is incomplete without a pitcher of sweet tea.
I've taken this sweet tea to another level with the addition of bourbon and peaches. I guarantee that your friends will be asking for this recipe way before the summer is over.
Keep a pitcher of this available for those drop in guests -- you'll probably find that the number of "drop in guests" goes up quite a bit after the first couple of times you serve it.
More Summer Cocktail Recipes
I think that cocktails are made for summer. It's a time when we tend to be more relaxed (in theory) and spend more time entertaining friends and family (in theory). Even if your idea of the perfect summer afternoon is Netflix and the air conditioning turned down to 52 degrees a cocktail in hand can only make that better, right?
Here are some of my favorites.
- Brazilian Iced Coffee is a delicious "spirited" version of one of those chilled, sweet coffee drinks you pay too much for.
- Sex in the Driveway is a bright blue tropical tasting cocktail that is perfect by the pool... or turn on some of those old bikini movies from the 1960s and pretend...either way, this is a yummy drink!
- Alabama Slammer is a sweet, fruity drink that’s made with Southern Comfort.
- Long Island Tea looks like a big, frosty glass of iced tea but in reality it contains some pretty serious ingredients like gin, tequila, rum, and vodka. It’s refreshingly perfect for summer sipping!
- Spiked Arnold Palmer -so cool and refreshing- it’s one of those perfect cocktails that will tame the hottest summer day.
- Peach Jack Daniels Cocktail is a sweet update on a classic highball.
How to Make Bourbon Peach Tea
Actually the process is pretty simple - it's making the puree that takes the longest. You could skip a step and use peach nectar if you like but I don't think it tastes as good.
- The day before you're going to make a big batch of peach puree.
- If the pulp bothers you then you'll need to strain it out in a cheesecloth. It didn't bother me.
- You can also put your tea together the day before if you like.
- When you're ready to make the cocktails just add everything together in a pitcher and give it a good stir.
- It just doesn't get easier than that!
You May Need...
The following are affiliate links. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
What’s new? Check out my Restless Chipotle & Co. Store on Amazon where you'll find all kinds of nostalgic goodness! Thanks so much for being a part of Restless Chipotle!
This pitcher and glass set is perfect for serving your bourbon peach tea! It's very "southern" to take the tea and glasses out to the porch to sip and watch the world go by. Fresh, bourbon vanilla beans are exactly the right way to take the flavor in this drink right to the top.
Here's the bourbon peach tea! Give it a try and let me know what you think!
Bourbon Peach Tea Recipe
Cold and refreshing! All you need is a pitcher of this bourbon peach tea, a rocking chair, and a porch...
If you love this recipe please give it 5 stars!
Bourbon Peach TeaPrint Add to Collection Go to Collections
For the peach puree
- 1 pound peaches, the riper the better
- ¾ cup dark brown sugar
- 1 vanilla bean, split lengthwise
For the tea
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/2 gallon water
- ⅓ cup loose tea, or 4 family sized tea bags
- 8 ounces bourbon
- 4 ounces Peach Schnapps
- 1½ cups peach puree
- 3 cups tea, recipe above
- peaches, sliced for garnish
- lemon, sliced for garnish
For the peach puree –
- Mix the ingredients together.
- Cover tightly and keep in the refrigerator overnight.
- Next day the sugar will be dissolved and the mixture will be juicy.
- Remove the vanilla bean.
- Blend the peach mixture until smooth.
- Store tightly covered in the refrigerator.
For the tea
- Put the water in a large pot.
- Add the sugar and bring just to the boiling point, stirring until sugar is dissolved.
- Immediately remove from the heat.
- Stir in the tea or add tea bags.
- Steep tea bags for 5 minutes or loose leaf tea for 3.
- Remove tea bags or strain the loose leaf.
- Pour tea into a pitcher and let come to room temperature before adding ice.
For the Cocktails
- Fill a glasses with ice.
- Add the bourbon, peach puree, Peach Schnapps, and tea to a large pitcher.
- Stir to blend and add the peach slices and lemon to garnish.
- Pour into glasses and enjoy!