It's the week before Christmas and everyone is way too excited to eat big dinners. Enjoy easy, classic comfort foods while you finish your last minute holiday preparations.
📅 Food Holidays
We celebrate a couple of fun food holidays this week. They're silly little holidays but it gives us an opportunity to make some memories and have some fun!
- December 20 is National Sangria Day - so enjoy this easy, classic sangria, this apple cider sangria, or this tropical pinreapple sangria!
- December 23 is National Bake Day... and there's SO much to choose from. Breads, cakes, cookies... what will you choose?
💭 Things to know
Here are some tips for this week -
- When you're baking the green chile chicken go ahead and bake some plain chicken to use in the chicken Alfredo lasagna.
- If you have leftover sweet potatoes you can use them to top the shepherd's pie instead of mashed potatoes.
- Leftover angel biscuits? Warm them up and spread with honey butter to go with the smoked sausage shepherd's pie.
- Move the days around as you need to. Don't forget there are more meal plans here.
🍹This week's cocktail
Chocolate Peppermint Martini
The chocolate peppermint martini is creamy and sweet with an adult kick. Delicious dessert cocktail!
Meatloaf Stuffed Bell Peppers
Meatloaf stays tender and juicy when it's wrapped in bacon and baked in peppers!
Whipped Sweet Potatoes
Light and fluffy with just a touch of smoky chipotle - you'll love these easy sweet potatoes.
Chewy vanilla brownies have all the texture and goodness of the chocolate kind but are SO pretty for the holidays.
Green Chile Chicken
Green chile chicken is tender chicken breast with a creamy, green chile sauce... believe it or not it's just 3 net carbs!
Marinated Green Bean Salad
This marinated green bean salad brings tons of Italian flavor to the table.
Crunchy sweet biscotti has a spicy pumpkin flavor. So good with after dinner coffee.
Perfect Pot Roast
This pot roast with carrots and potatoes is super easy in the slow cooker.
Angel biscuits are a light and fluffy cross between a biscuit and a dinner roll.
Classic, creamy, homemade from scratch banana pudding... there's nothing like it!
Smoked Sausage Shepherd's Pie
Easiest shepherd's pie ever! Make it with smoked sausage ... it's so good!
Maple chipotle roasted carrots add a little excitement to the meal! Sweet and spicy.
Red Velvet Peppermint Kisses
Red Velvet Peppermint Kiss cookies are so pretty for the holidays!
Chicken Alfredo Lasagna
Your favorite chicken alfredo in lasagna form! Creamy, cheesy comfort food that is make-ahead easy.
Soft garlic breadsticks are even better than your favorite Italian restaurant.
Hot Chocolate Cobbler
Make this easy hot chocolate cobbler in the microwave in 10 minutes.
Creamy old fashioned potato soup is so creamy and comforting when it's cold and blustery outside.
Irish Soda Bread
Irish soda bread is a quick and easy side for soups and stews.
This gooey coconut pie is more like a pecan pie! It's SO different and so good!
This slow cooked south of the border chicken recipe is creamy and perfect for spooning over rice or tortilla chips!
Classic southern cornbread is so good with just about any meal but especially with this hearty soup.
White Chocolate Lime Tres Leches Cake
You'll need to make this yummy tres leches cake a day ahead of time but it's so delicious.
Leave a Reply