This week's meal plan is full of delicious main dishes, sumptuous sides, and delectable desserts!
📅 Food Holidays
- April 4 is International Carrot Day - a good day to try these sweet and spicy roasted carrots.
- April 5 is National Caramel Day and this homemade Jack Daniels caramel sauce is delicious!
- April 7 is National Coffee Cake Day and you'll love this streusel topped coffee cake with summer berries.
- April 8 is National Empanada Day and they are SO easy to make. Try my chicken empanadas and you'll see.
- The cheese Khachapuri can be made with frozen bread dough from the store. I've even made it with refrigerated biscuits. It freezes well and is a nice change from a grilled cheese sandwich.
- When you make the snickerdoodles only bake a dozen of them. Shape the rest of the dough into balls and flash freeze on a cookie sheet. Now you can have fresh cookies whenever you like by removing them, rolling in the sugar-cinnamon mixture, and baking as directed. These make AMAZING ice cream sandwiches when you sandwich them with the cinnamon gelato.
- Use leftover ham to mix in with the Noodles Romanoff to make it a main dish casserole.
🍹This week's cocktail
Peach Whiskey Mule
The peach whiskey mule tastes like a fresh, juicy peach but boy-oh-boy... it kicks like a mule.
Black Bean Soup
One of my favorite easy meals! Panera copycat black bean soup is full of the southwestern flavors that I love. Make it vegan by leaving off the cheese.
Khachapuri is a type of cheese turnover from Eastern Europe. If you don't have time for the yeast dough use frozen bread dough from the store. Just be sure to try these!!
Red Hot Snickerdoodles
These are snickerdoodles takes to a whole new level of cinnamon spice! A little ancho chile powder kicks up the heat in these extra spicy snickerdoodles cookies.
You can make this easy beer pizza dough ahead of time and use it when you're ready. Chewy and delicious with lots of air bubbles in the dough.
Green Bean Salad
Marinated green bean salad is perfect with the pizza. It's got fresh green beans, tomatoes, and tiny potatoes all marinated in Italian dressing.
Lemon Sheet Cake
Lemon sheet cake has a whipped lemon frosting that is out of this world, y'all.
🐇 April 4
This broccoli salad is keto friendly but it sure doesn't taste like it!
Shoney's Strawberry Pie
So much fresh strawberry flavor in this no bake, copycat Shoney's Strawberry Pie! Use a vanilla or shortbread crumb crust for a truly no bake dessert!
If you love the hamburger steaks at Cracker Barrel you've got to try this recipe! Rich onion gravy is insanely delicious.
Noodles Romanoff is the perfect side for this delicious meal.
Creamy, homemade chocolate pudding just like you remember. There's just nothing in a box that comes close.
Copycat Popeye's Chicken Tenders
So crispy! These copycat Popeye's Chicken tenders are easy to make and better than fast food!
Creamy Cole Slaw
Nothing goes better with crispy chicken than this creamy KFC copycat cole slaw!
Peanut Butter Pots de Creme
The most gloriously smooth, rich custard is only an hour away! These Peanut Butter Pots de Creme are absolutely delish!
Pulled Pork Mac & Cheese
It just doesn't get easier than this pulled pork mac & cheese! Creamy, cheesy macaroni with a tangy bbq pulled pork on top. Using bbq from the deli makes it quick and easy!
I like a square of warm buttermilk cornbread dripping with butter and honey with this meal. It's just so cozy!
Blueberry Cream Cheese Coffee Cake
I love this blueberry cream cheese coffee cake because you can eat it for breakfast or use it as a dessert! What better dessert for National Coffee Cake Day? Save some for tomorrow's breakfast!
These creamy chicken empanadas are the perfect meal for National Empanada Day! They're made in minutes with canned biscuits!
Mexican Street Corn Soup
Elote soup, or Mexican Street Corn soup as we call it, is everything you love about elote but in soup form. It's easy to make and perfect with the empanadas.
Pecan Praline Candy
Homemade pecan pralines are easier than you might think - and they are the perfect ending to this meal!