Happy Easter! 🐰
This week's meal plan includes a classic, southern Easter dinner menu that I think you'll love!
🫑 What's in Season?
A better question might be, "what isn't in season?"
Everything is ripening and coming into the Farmers' Markets now. It's fresh, in season, and at it's best. Make the most of these fresh flavors.
- Bell pepper
- Berries (raspberries, strawberries, blackberries, blueberries)
- Green beans & Wax beans
- Zucchini and yellow squash
You should start to see these fresh fruits and vegetables showing up in stores and at the Farmer's Market in April. Cherries and rhubarb have a short season so make the most out of them while you can.
- Leaf lettuces
- Morel Mushrooms
💭 Tips for success
- The cheese Khachapuri can be made with frozen bread dough from the store. I've even made it with refrigerated biscuits. It freezes well and is a nice change from a grilled cheese sandwich.
- When you make the snickerdoodles only bake a dozen of them. Shape the rest of the dough into balls and flash freeze on a cookie sheet. Now you can have fresh cookies whenever you like by removing them, rolling in the sugar-cinnamon mixture, and baking as directed. These make AMAZING ice cream sandwiches when you sandwich them with the cinnamon gelato.
- The deli turkey sandwiches are one of my favorite quick dinners. I stop at the deli and get turkey sliced on a 1-½ or 2. Then I pick up some mashed potatoes or potato salad to warm up. When I get home dinner takes about 15 minutes start to finish - you've gotta love that. If you have some of the English Muffin Bread on hand use that for the bottom of the sandwich - heaven!
- Use leftover ham from Easter to mix in with the Noodles Romanoff to make it a main dish casserole.
Have a Happy Easter and an amazing week, y'all!
Black Bean Soup
One of my favorite easy meals! Panera copycat black bean soup is full of the southwestern flavors that I love. Make it vegan by leaving off the cheese.
Khachapuri is a type of cheese turnover from Eastern Europe. If you don't have time for the yeast dough use frozen bread dough from the store. Just be sure to try these!!
Red Hot Snickerdoodles
These are snickerdoodles takes to a whole new level of cinnamon spice! A little ancho chile powder kicks up the heat in these extra spicy snickerdoodles cookies.
Sweet Potato Salad
I love this sweet and spicy twist on the classic! Sweet potato salad is unique but also easy and delicious!
Cherry Dr Pepper Bundt Cake
From scratch cherry Dr Pepper bundt cake is dense and moist.
🐇 April 4
One of the things I love best about Easter? Southern Pineapple Casserole!
Shoney's Strawberry Pie
So much fresh strawberry flavor in this no bake, copycat Shoney's Strawberry Pie! Use a vanilla or shortbread crumb crust for a truly no bake dessert!
Use some of your leftover ham cubed up and stirred in to Noodles Romanoff for a delicious, easy casserole. Serve some buttered asparagus or green beans on the side.
Stir up a quick pan of these easy drop biscuits and you've got a delicious meal!
Copycat Popeye's Chicken Tenders
So crispy! These copycat Popeye's Chicken tenders are easy to make and better than fast food!
Creamy Cole Slaw
Nothing goes better with crispy chicken than this creamy KFC copycat cole slaw!
Peanut Butter Pots de Creme
The most gloriously smooth, rich custard is only an hour away! These Peanut Butter Pots de Creme are absolutely delish!
Pulled Pork Mac & Cheese
It just doesn't get easier than this pulled pork mac & cheese! Creamy, cheesy macaroni with a tangy bbq pulled pork on top. Using bbq from the deli makes it quick and easy! If you have time fry up a couple of pieces of bacon and add a couple of cans of drained green beans. Heat throughly. SO good!
I like a square of warm buttermilk cornbread dripping with butter and honey with this meal. It's just so cozy!
Blueberry Cream Cheese Coffee Cake
I love this blueberry cream cheese coffee cake because you can eat it for breakfast or use it as a dessert! What better dessert for National Coffee Cake Day? Save some for tomorrow's breakfast!
These creamy chicken empanadas are the perfect meal for National Empanada Day! They're made in minutes with canned biscuits!
Mexican Street Corn Soup
Elote soup, or Mexican Street Corn soup as we call it, is everything you love about elote but in soup form. It's easy to make and perfect with the empanadas.
Pecan Praline Candy
Homemade pecan pralines are easier than you might think - and they are the perfect ending to this meal!
📚 Related recipes
📚Easy Weeknight Dinners!
Who doesn't need more easy, weeknight dinner recipes? Check out these 30 family friendly, budget friendly family dinners that are freezable, make-ahead, and can be on the table in minutes.