This week we're celebrating the beginning of spring as well as National Whiskey Day, National Black Forest Cake Day, and National Sourdough Day!!
As always, be sure to read through the tips to save time and money!
📅 Food Holidays
- March 26 is National Spinach Day - a great time to try my creamed spinach. I like it better than Boston Market!
- March 27 ... Happy World Whiskey Day! Try this whiskey sour or the bundt cake above.
- March 28 is National Black Forest Cake Day. You can use the recipe above or make these easy black forest cupcakes.
- April 1 is National Sourdough Bread Day! Try your hand at sourdough with this easy, no knead recipe.
💭 Things to know
- If you're planning to make the (oh so easy!) sourdough bread on Wednesday you'll need to either buy starter or make homemade starter on the Thursday before.
- Make extra chicken on Thursday to use later in the week. One thing I like to do is to get a big bag from Costco, thaw it overnight in the fridge, then put all of the chicken in the slow cooker with a little chicken stock, seasoning, a rib of celery, a carrot, and half an onion. I have cooked chicken on hand for quick dinners and lunches!
- When you make spaghetti make extra. To the leftover add half a bottle of zesty Italian dressing, kalamata olives, sun dried tomatoes, some basil and oregeno, Parmesan, and some of that cooked chicken that's been diced. It will hold in the refrigerator for up to 5 days and it makes an amazing lunch or light dinner.
- Those bagged salads at the store are wonderful time savers AND you can get a variety of different types so you're not eating plane old salad all the time. Try avocado ranch with the pasta on Thursday and a southwest or Santa Fe style on Friday.
- Want to make boneless chicken wings? Use strips of chicken breast instead.
- Make extra bacon when you make the asparagus casserole to add to the pea salad on Tuesday.
- If you have leftover sourdough bread from Wednesday make an amazing breakfast Thursday by toasting it, spreading with avocado, and topping with bacon and a poached egg. YUM!
🍹This week's cocktail
Grapefruit Tequila Sour
This grapefruit hibiscus tequila sour is perfection!
Salsa Verde Chicken Mac & Cheese
Salsa verde chicken mac and cheese is creamy and gooey with a spicy salsa verde mixed in. You'll love it! Serve with a salad and that's all you need. Make extra chicken for Saturday.
Make a double batch of this buttermilk cornbread. Freeze half for Monday.
Coconut Ice Cream
Believe it or not we used to have dairy goats so I made ice cream a lot with the excess milk. Don't worry - you can use regular milk in this yummy coconut ice cream recipe.
Ground beef in a creamy, cheesy sauce with a crispy tater tot topping - no one can resist Cowboy Casserole! Put together a salad and you're done!
Broccoli Cauliflower Salad
Broccoli and cauliflower salad is creamy and crunchy with bits of sweet dried cranberries in each bite.
Whiskey Sour Bundt Cake
Today is national whiskey day - what better way to celebrate than with a whiskey sour bundt cake?
Eggplant Parmesan is cheesy and delicious without all that breading! This is the easiest Eggplant Parm you'll ever make and it's delicious, too!
30 Minute Dinner Rolls
Soft, warm, homemade dinner rolls are done in 30 minutes! Save some for tomorrow night.
Green Bean Salad
Crisp and tangy! Green bean salad has lots of Italian herbs and seasoning for that fresh flavor we all love.
Black Forest Cake
Today is black forest cake day! This is my favorite recipe - but you could make the black forest cupcakes or buy from a bakery instead.
Beef Round Roast
This beef round roast is marinated in beer and brown sugar. So good! And leftovers make great sandwiches to go with the soup on Wednesday!
Super creamy mashed potatoes can be made ahead of time and even frozen!
Even picky eaters love this creamy asparagus casserole with cheesy sauce and crispy topping. Make extra bacon to use in the pea salad on Tuesday.
Strawberry Rhubarb Pie
Old fashioned strawberry rhubarb pie is tangy and sweet - just like grandma made!
Crispy Baked Chicken Wings
Baked chicken wings go together fast and they are so easy! Yummy sweet-spicy bourbon glaze. Serve with a side of the cornbread you tossed in the freezer on Thursday.
Sweet Potato Fries
Baked sweet potato fries are so good! Sweet potato strips are tossed in a spicy coating then baked until crispy. Air fryer instructions included.
So easy! These old fashioned lemon snaps cookies are chewy with crispy edges. If you love lemon flavor you'll love these cookies! Save about half for tomorrow's dessert.
Chipotle Mac & Cheeseburger
This chipotle mac & cheeseburger recipe was featured in one of Tillamook's Cookbooks! It's the perfect combination of all your favorites. Make your own hamburger buns if you have time.
Pea, Cheese, & Bacon Salad
The combination of sweet peas, salty cheese, and crunchy bacon in this southern pea salad is out of this world!
No Bake Cheesecake
This is the thick, creamy lemon cheesecake made famous by Woolworth's in the 1960s. Instead of graham crackers use the lemon cookies you reserved from yesterday for the crumb crust and topping.
Broccoli Cheese Soup
Crockpot Broccoli Cheese soup is better than Panera or Subway!
Today is National Sourdough Bread Day! This easy, no knead loaf takes a little time but it's worth it!
Old fashioned Vanilla Pudding is so rich and creamy! It's perfect for a quick dessert or as a pie filling.
📚 Related recipes
Enjoy 30 quick weeknight dinner recipes!
Leave a Reply