This week's meal plan is just simple, good food. Spring is here and it's time to finish up with those heavy winter comfort foods and get ready for some lighter meals.
📅 Food Holidays
- March 19 is Oatmeal Cookie Day - the perfect time to stir up a batch of these old fashioned oatmeal cookies!
- March 20 is National Ravioli Day. Make the easy skillet recipe below OR try this creamy ravioli soup!
- March 25 is National Waffle Day. Use any leftover fruit salad to serve over these fluffy buttermilk waffles.
💭 Things to know
- You can bake the base for the taco pizza ahead of time. I like to bake a few at a time and freeze them along with cooked and seasoned taco meat so I can throw together dinner in minutes.
- Leftover fruit salad? Serve it over waffles for brunch or layer with yogurt for a delicious breakfast parfait.
- Double the baguettes and save half for the fried chicken po' boys. Smear the bread with the leftover garlic butter before making the sandwich. SO good.
- You can add leftover cooked chicken to the bbq macaroni salad to make an awesome lunch salad.
🍹This week's cocktail
Spicy peach margarita is refreshing and delicious if you like that sweet and spicy cocktail combination.
Easy Taco Pizza
Dinner is extra easy when you throw together this simple taco pizza made with crescent rolls.
This gorgeous fruit salad with honey lime dressing is a delicious side dish for the taco pizza.
Chocolate Mint Oreo Ice Cream
Chocolate mint Oreos in the creamiest chocolate ice cream ever? Yes, please.
Chicken Alfredo Ravioli
This is an easy, 15 minute dinner! Cheese ravioli in Alfredo sauce goes together fast! It's the perfect meal for National Ravioli Day!
I love these 30 minute baguettes! While they're baking mix 1 cup of softened butter, 1 tablespoon garlic, ¼ cup Parmesan cheese, and 1 tablespoon garlic salt together. Spread on the bread while hot then slip under the broiler for a few minutes.
White Chocolate Lime Bundt Cake
White chocolate and key lime are one of my favorite combinations. It's perfect in this moist bundt cake.
Chicken fried steak and mashed potatoes are a classic pairing! These can be made ahead of time and they're so rich and creamy!
Strawberry and Cream Tart
Strawberry and cream tart is my version of a classic European tart. It's so much easier than you think - and delicious!
Fried Chicken Po' Boy
Everyone loves this New Orleans classic, fried chicken po' boy! Fried chicken nuggets, shredded lettuce, and a spicy homemade remoulade sauce are stuffed into a baguette.
BBQ Macaroni Salad
This is one of my favorite twists on classic macaroni salad.
These are the real deal - the oatmeal cookies recipe that was on the back of the Quaker Oatmeal Box.
Slow Cooker Scalloped Potatoes with Ham
Scalloped potatoes and ham makes a delicious (and easy) main dish. Leftovers can be served as a hearty side dish.
Smothered Green Beans
Tender green beans, onion, and bacon come together in this classic southern side dish.
Black Forest Cupcakes
Chocolate cupcakes stuffed with cherry pie filling and topped with whipped cream.
Pimento Cheese Sandwich
I love pimento cheese! This is my favorite recipe, creamy and a little spicy. Perfect as a sandwich on toasted bread. I love it on top of burgers, too!
Amish White Bread
This is the Restless Chipotle famous no fail Amish white bread. So soft and fluffy - and the perfect way to get pimento cheese into your mouth!
Fluffernutter Whoopie Pies
Two BIG peanut butter cookies with marshmallow cream in between - you'll love these Fluffernutter Whoopie Pies.
Beef Enchilada Casserole
Creamy beef enchilada casserole can be assembled ahead of time so it's a great meal for busy weeknights.
Whole Wheat Dinner Rolls
Soft and fluffy whole wheat rolls got with everything. They freeze well, too.
Creamy, homemade vanilla pudding is so easy to make - it makes a great pie filling, too.