Spice up sandwiches, crackers, and crudites with this easy Hatch chile pimento cheese recipe. This southern favorite makes the best sandwiches ever but it’s great on hamburgers or hot dogs, too. My version has a kick from the Hatch chiles as well as a subtle smokiness that will have you going back for seconds…and thirds…and…
If you’ve lived in the South for any length of time you’ve come upon pimento cheese in one form or another. It might be on sandwiches, mounded on a cracker, or slathered across a piece of celery but it will show up at parties nearly as often as deviled eggs. There are as many variations of pimento cheese as there Southern cooks. Each has her own recipe passed down through the generations, and probably tweaked each time.
It’s such an easy thing to make and have on hand. This pimento cheese recipe will be fine stored in the refrigerator for a week — if it lasts that long!
The following is an affiliate link. If you click through and buy something I’ll get a small commission which helps to keep the blog up and running.
If you don’t have a food processor this one from Cuisinart is a really good buy. It’s almost impossible to make pimento cheese without one.
Hatch Chile Pimento Cheese RecipePrint Add to Collection Go to Collections
- 8 ounces sharp cheddar cut in chunks
- 8 ounces smoked Gouda, , cubed
- 8 ounces cream cheese, , cubed
- 2 (14-ounce) jars pimentos, drained
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh Hatch chiles, (I use the hot ones but you can use mild if you like)
- 3 sliced applewood smoked bacon, , cooked until crisp, and then crumbled
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup Hellman's Mayo, , or your favorite brand, or homemade
- Smoked paprika for garnish, (and adds flavor)
- Put everything except the bacon in the bowl of a food processor and pulse until finely chopped and mixed.
- Stir in crumbled bacon.
- Refrigerate 24 hours before using to allow the flavors to blend.
- Sprinkle with smoked paprika before serving.
If you liked Hatch Chile Pimento Cheese Recipe you may also like…
Ham Salad The Country Cook
Sun Dried Tomato Cream Cheese Spread A Family FeastLet's Keep in Touch!