Tender beef round roast is marinated in a mixture of beer, brown sugar, and dijon mustard for 12 hours then roasted in a slow oven until it's just right. Tender, juicy, and full of flavor - this is a nice change from those turkey leftovers!
For this recipe you'll need: 3 pounds bottom sirloin roast (I used beef round roast), dark beer, Dijon mustard, teriyaki sauce, brown sugar, seasoned salt, black pepper, garlic powder, and guijillo peppers (because I love their flavor!)
Round rump roast is lean and budget friendly. It's best to braise it but you can roast it in the oven as I have here and slice it thin against the grain.
I wasn't too worried about it being tough because it marinates for 12 to 14 hours before cooking. That's plenty of time for the fibers to soften up and start to break down. So, I mixed the marinade ingredients together, put the beef in a vacuum sealer bag, added the marinade, and prepared to wait it out.
It was totally worth it.
I have to tell you, as I put this on the table I felt like I should be wearing heels, a starched apron, and pearls. There's something about roast beef that just feels like a family dinner, don't you think?
Suggested Menu for Beef Round Roast
This is the perfect dish for an old fashioned Sunday supper where the family gathers around the table. It's traditional but the marinade gives it a little extra flavor. Keep that "traditional with a twist" theme going with the rest of your menu -
- Beef Round Roast
- Crisp Salad with a creamy dressing
- Cheese and Black Pepper Rolls
- Pecan Pie
- Cabernet Sauvignon or a glass of dark beer
Beer and Brown Sugar Beef Round Roast Recipe
So, what's your favorite way to prepare a roast? Leave a comment and let me know or shoot me an email! Love this recipe? Please consider giving it a star rating below. ? Follow me on Facebook and Pinterest!
Beer & Brown Sugar Marinated Beef Round RoastPrint Add to Collection Go to Collections
- 3 pounds bottom round roast
- 1 cup dark beer
- ½ cup Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons teriyaki sauce
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 guijillo chile
- Combine all ingredients except the beef.
- Place roast in a large freezer bag and pour the marinade over the roast.
- Close bag and marinate in refrigerator 12 to 14 hours.
- Remove roast from refrigerator and pat dry with paper towels.
- Pour out and discard the marinade and the chile.
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Season roast with an additional 2 teaspoons kosher salt and 1 teaspoon black pepper.
- Place in a shallow roasting pan fitted with rack.
- Roast 15 minutes in preheated oven; reduce heat to 325°F.
- Cook approximately 1 hour to reach medium (135-140°F) doneness.
- Remove roast from oven, tent loosely with foil and rest 10 minutes before carving.