This week's meal plan includes plenty of classic southern flavors! From tangy, glazed meatloaf to crispy deviled chicken - you'll find plenty to love here!
🫑 What's in Season?
These fresh fruits and vegetables are in stores and at the Farmer's Market in April. Cherries and rhubarb have a short season so make the most out of them while you can.
- Leaf lettuces
- Morel Mushrooms
💭 Tips for success
- When you make the meatloaf consider doubling the recipe and freezing a couple unbaked. When ready to have them for dinner just thaw overnight in the refrigerator and pop in the oven about an hour before serving.
- The macaroni salad keeps for up to a week. Add some cooked chicken to the leftovers for a hearty (and delicious) main dish salad.
- If you have some of the ice cream left put a scoop on top of one of the warm brownies as an extra treat. It's also great with the chocolate chip cookies to make ice cream sandwiches.
- Keep some pickled jalapenos in the fridge. They're good on burgers, hot dogs, sandwiches, tacos -- just about anything.
- Substitute leftover beef barbacoa for the chicken in the fajita soup. Use beef stock instead of chicken stock and everything else stays the same.
Tender and juicy with a tangy meatloaf glaze, this is a dinnertime favorite!
BBQ Macaroni Salad
I love this unique bbq macaroni salad - a little tangy, a little spicy, a lot delicious!
Double Chocolate Chip Ice Cream
Nothing is quite as creamy as homemade chocolate ice cream and this one is for chocolate lovers only!
Beef Barbacoa Burrito Bowls
Slow cooker beef barbacoa is simple to make and it's great to have on hand for quick meals. Spoon this over rice and black beans then top with cheese, sour cream, and your favorite Tex-Mex toppings.
These crunchy, crispy pickled jalapenos are sweet heat that is delish with the barbacoa.
Hot and puffy homemade sopapillas are the perfect sweet ending!
Deviled chicken is tender and juicy with a spicy crunchy coating.
Easy Crockpot Cornbread Dressing
Mashed potatoes are a classic accompaniment to chicken but this cornbread dressing is a nice change. Fluffy and moist!
Peanut Butter Swirled Brownies
All your favorite things! Fudgy brownies swirled with peanut butter and chock full of m&m's.
Chicken Fajita Soup
Chicken Fajita soup is one of my favorites! Tomato-y, spicy Tex-mex goodness! Best of all? It's made in the slow cooker.
Flaky and buttery, these cheese biscuits go beautifully with the soup.
Mexican Hot Chocolate Cobbler
This hot chocolate cobbler is made in the microwave. It separates into a layer of cake with a layer of thick, rich chocolate sauce beneath.
Creamy, cheesy burrito casserole goes together so quickly that it makes an easy weeknight meal.
Honey Dew Salsa
Serve some warm tortilla chips with this refreshing honey dew salsa. If you can't find honey dew you can use apples!
Peach Cobbler Dump Cake
Celebrate peach cobbler day with this super easy peach cobbler dump cake!
Fried Chicken Po' Boy
Authentic New Orleans Sandwich! This fried chicken po' boy is so easy to make - and the remoulade is absolutely delish!
Classic potato salad just the way my mom made it! Creamy dressing is stirred in to diced potatoes, celery, onion, and boiled egg.
Chocolate Chip Cookies
Chewy chocolate chip cookies with delicately crispy edges are the best! These are easy and both the dough and finished cookies freeze well.
Swiss steak is classic diner food - and it's so easy!
Homemade fried potatoes have crispy outsides and tender insides. They're easy to do with my step by step instructions!
Bourbon Apple Tarts
Bourbon apple tarts are so good! Flaky tart pastry is filled with bourbon apple filling and topped with a bacon streusel layer. Sweet, salty, and yummy!
📚 Related recipes
📚Easy Weeknight Dinners!
Who doesn't need more easy, weeknight dinner recipes? Check out these 30 family friendly, budget friendly family dinners that are freezable, make-ahead, and can be on the table in minutes.