This week's meal plan includes plenty of classic southern flavors! From tangy, glazed meatloaf to crispy deviled chicken - you'll find plenty to love here!
📅 Food Holidays
- April 13 is National Peach Cobbler Day. Try the easy dump cake below or this luscious bourbon peach cobbler.
- April 14 is National Pecan Day and I think any day is a good day for pecan pie!
💭 Things to know
- When you make the meatloaf consider doubling the recipe and freezing a couple unbaked. When ready to have them for dinner just thaw overnight in the refrigerator and pop in the oven about an hour before serving.
- The macaroni salad keeps for up to a week. Add some cooked chicken to the leftovers for a hearty (and delicious) main dish salad.
- If you have some of the ice cream left put a scoop on top of one of the warm brownies as an extra treat. It's also great with the chocolate chip cookies to make ice cream sandwiches.
- No time to roll the cabbage rolls? Chop up the cabbage and mix it all together for a delicious casserole!
🍹This week's cocktail
Strawberry Vodka Lemonade
Easy and refreshing! This strawberry vodka lemonade tastes fresh and delicious because you make your own strawberry syrup!
Tender and juicy with a tangy meatloaf glaze, this is a dinnertime favorite!
BBQ Macaroni Salad
I love this unique bbq macaroni salad - a little tangy, a little spicy, a lot delicious!
Double Chocolate Chip Ice Cream
Nothing is quite as creamy as homemade chocolate ice cream and this one is for chocolate lovers only!
Crockpot Green Beans & Ham
Sure, you can use this crockpot green beans and ham recipe as a side dish but I love it as an easy main dish dinner!
Southern style buttermilk cornbread is the perfect accompaniment!
Homemade banana pudding is a southern staple! Make it from scratch with this easy recipe.
Deviled chicken is tender and juicy with a spicy crunchy coating.
Creamy and buttery! You can make these mashed potatoes ahead of time and even freeze them!
Peanut Butter Swirled Brownies
All your favorite things! Fudgy brownies swirled with peanut butter and chock full of m&m's.
Filled with rice and ground beef - these old fashioned cabbage rolls are a family favorite!
Broccoli Cauliflower Salad
Broccoli, cauliflower, dried cranberries, and pecans are stirred into a sweet, tangy. creamy dressing in this amazing broccoli cauliflower salad recipe.
Fresh strawberry pie has a no bake filling so all you taste is sweet strawberries!
Creamy, cheesy burrito casserole goes together so quickly that it makes an easy weeknight meal.
Honey Dew Salsa
Serve some warm tortilla chips with this refreshing honey dew salsa. If you can't find honey dew you can use apples!
Peach Cobbler Dump Cake
Celebrate peach cobbler day with this super easy peach cobbler dump cake!
Fried Chicken Po' Boy
Authentic New Orleans Sandwich! This fried chicken po' boy is so easy to make - and the remoulade is absolutely delish!
Classic potato salad just the way my mom made it! Creamy dressing is stirred in to diced potatoes, celery, onion, and boiled egg.
Chocolate Chip Cookies
Chewy chocolate chip cookies with delicately crispy edges are the best! These are easy and both the dough and finished cookies freeze well.
Broccoli Cheddar Chicken
If you love the broccoli cheddar chicken at Cracker Barrel you have to try this easy copycat.
Homemade fried potatoes have crispy outsides and tender insides. They're easy to do with my step by step instructions!
Bourbon Apple Tarts
Bourbon apple tarts are so good! Flaky tart pastry is filled with bourbon apple filling and topped with a bacon streusel layer. Sweet, salty, and yummy!
📚 Related recipes
Enjoy 30 quick weeknight dinner recipes!