This week we're celebrating Valentine's Day with a delicious brunch!
February 12 is National Biscotti Day. If you've never tried making this crunchy Italian cookie you totally should! My biscotti recipe is all southerned up - I think you'll like it.
🫑 What's in Season?
February produce is still limited. Depending on what part of the country you are from you may start seeing more greens like beet greens, turnip greens and such since farmers will be starting to thin their plantings.
You should be able to easily find the following produce at your local farmer's market. Grapefruit and oranges, peeled & sectioned with the membranes removes, make a delicious addition to salads.
- Citrus - especially grapefruit
- Brussels sprouts
- Celery root
- Pomegranate - add a few seeds to the top of a salad for color and flavor.
- Winter squash
💭 Tips for success
Here are tips for getting it all done this week!
- You can get peppers and onions already chopped and mixed in the freezer section of your store. That saves time!
- Don't forget - ice cream between two cookies makes a quick dessert or snack!
- Bake the chicken for the lasagna and the herbed chicken breast at the same time. Then it's just a matter of warming up and using as directed.
- If there's soda bread left you can cut it in cubes and air fry or toast it for croutons.
- Lasagna freezes really well. If you have leftovers freeze them in single serving sizes so the family can grab, microwave, and go on super busy nights.
- Leftover chicken lasagna? Chop it up and mix it in with a can of cream of chicken soup and a can of milk for a hearty chicken alfredo soup. Makes a great lunch!
- Quiche can be made up to 2 days ahead of time and served at room temperature or warmed up. You can also pour the egg mixture into the pie shell and the freeze the unbaked quiche. Thaw overnight in the fridge and bake when ready.
- If you have kahlua cake leftover you can make this brownie punch bowl cake instead of the strawberry one in the meal plan below.
Stuffed Pepper Soup
Warm and comforting! I love stuffed pepper soup because it has all the flavor without all the work!
Irish Soda Bread
Irish soda bread is quick and easy and can be sweet or savory. Leave the sugar out of the recipe and stir in a packet of Ranch Dressing mix with the flour.
Butter Brickle Cookies
Butter pecan drop cookies have bits of toffee in them. They are chewy in the middles and crisp on the edges - so good! If you love butter brickle ice cream give these a try.
Alfredo Chicken Lasagna
Alfredo chicken lasagna can be assembled up to 2 days ahead of time and popped in the oven to bake when you're ready to serve.
Onion Cheese Bread
One of our favorites! This onion cheese bread recipe is delicious with all kinds of foods. Save some for making sandwiches with the leftover rump roast later in the week.
Grilled Pear Salad
I've updated the classic Southern pear salad with gorgonzola cheese, pecans and grilled pears. SO good! If you can't grill the pears brush them with butter and put cut side down in a hot skillet for a minute or two. Watch carefully!
Cheese & Sausage Quiche
An easy quiche with lots of Tex-Mex flavor! This can be made up to 2 days ahead of time and warmed up before serving.
Raspberry Thumbprint Scones
Start Valentines Day off with a light brunch. Raspberry scones are perfect with the quiche.
Salted Caramel Brulee Latte
Creamy, sweet, and oh-so-special! This salted caramel latte is an easy to make Starbucks copycat recipe.
White Chocolate Truffles
These easy truffles are delicately flavored with lemon and lavender.
Pea & Cheese Salad
Pea and Cheddar cheese salad is one of my favorites! Peas and cheddar cheese are mixed with a light, creamy dressing. Crispy bacon is mixed in just before serving.
Kahlua Bundt Cake
Dense and moist! My kahlua bundt cake is made from scratch - so good!
Herbed Chicken Breast
So tender and juicy! This is a classic baked chicken breast with gravy -just like Grandma's house!
Jiffy Corn Casserole
I don't know why we only serve this yummy, creamy corn casserole during the holidays. It's the perfect side to the chicken!
Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie
If you like salty and sweet you'll love this easy peanut butter pie with a pretzel crust!
Honey Garlic Meatballs
These easy honey garlic meatballs only take 30 minutes! Tender and delicious with a sweet-garlicky glaze. Serve with rice or mashed potatoes.
Homemade garlic knot rolls are light and tender with lots of buttery garlic flavor. Make extra for tomorrow night.
Strawberry Punch Bowl Cake
You may know it as a trifle, this strawberry punch bowl cake is made from layers of angel food cake, whipped cream mixture, and strawberries. You can make it ahead of time - in fact, it's better that way.
Sausage Alfredo Skillet
This quick skillet dinner starts with smoked sausage and Alfredo sauce from the store. It's just a matter of cooking the pasta and getting it on the table. Add a salad on the side along with the leftover garlic knots from yesterday.
📚 Related recipes
I've tried to add all of the ingredients called for but I suggest you go over the recipes before you finish your grocery list just to double check that you have everything.
- ground beef
- rump roast
- ground sausage
- smoked sausage
- chicken breast
- salad greens
- red peppers
- green peppers
- peaches (fresh or frozen)
- red onions
- frozen peas
- Ro*Tel tomatoes and chiles
- tomato sauce
- creamed corn
- chicken stock
- Alfredo sauce
- garlic salt
- garlic powder
- Italian seasoning
- Jiffy cornbread mix
- active dry yeast
- all-purpose flour
- baking soda
- baking powder
- butterscotch chips
- bittersweet chocolate chips
- white chocolate chips
- toffee pieces
- brown sugar
- confectioner's sugar
- sweetened condensed milk (eagle brand)
- lasagna noodles
- shell macaroni
- cream cheese
- heavy cream
- sour cream
- salted caramel sauce
- raspberry jam
- peanut butter
- pie crust if you aren't going to make one homemade
- angel food cake from bakery
- culinary lavender