This week we're celebrating Valentine's Day with a delicious brunch!
Sunday February 13 is the Super Bowl. While many of us will not be hosting a large gathering it's still fun to have snacks and drinks. Here are some ideas -
- Crispy oven baked wings with a spicy sweet bourbon glaze
- Easy empanadas with a cream chicken filling
- Super simple queso is a must!
- Spicy honey butter chicken biscuits that totally beat Whataburger's.
- Jalapeno popper dip is creamy and a little spicy.
- Homemade onion dip is a classic - but I've taken it up a notch with caramelized onions.
- And if you're looking for drinks to serve on game day there are plenty in the drinks section.
💭 Things to know
Here are tips for getting it all done this week!
- You can get peppers and onions already chopped and mixed in the freezer section of your store. That saves time!
- Bake the chicken for the lasagna and the herbed chicken breast at the same time. Then it's just a matter of warming up and using as directed.
- If there's soda bread left you can cut it in cubes and air fry or toast it for croutons.
- Lasagna freezes really well. If you have leftovers freeze them in single serving sizes so the family can grab, microwave, and go on super busy nights.
- Leftover chicken lasagna? Chop it up and mix it in with a can of cream of chicken soup and a can of milk for a hearty chicken alfredo soup. Makes a great lunch!
- Quiche can be made up to 2 days ahead of time and served at room temperature or warmed up. You can also pour the egg mixture into the pie shell and the freeze the unbaked quiche. Thaw overnight in the fridge and bake when ready.
- If you have kahlua cake leftover you can make this brownie punch bowl cake instead of the strawberry one in the meal plan below.
📅 Food Holidays
- February 12 is National Biscotti Day - if you've never made this easy cookie you'll want to give it a try!
🍹This week's cocktail
Red Velvet Cocktail
There's nothing prettier than this red velvet martini cocktail!
Broccoli Cheese Soup
Thick and rich AND cheesy! This simple broccoli cheese soup goes together fast and simmers in the slow cooker!
Irish Soda Bread
Irish soda bread is quick and easy and can be sweet or savory. Leave the sugar out of the recipe and stir in a packet of Ranch Dressing mix with the flour.
Butter Brickle Cookies
Butter pecan drop cookies have bits of toffee in them. They are chewy in the middles and crisp on the edges - so good! If you love butter brickle ice cream give these a try.
Alfredo Chicken Lasagna
Alfredo chicken lasagna can be assembled up to 2 days ahead of time and popped in the oven to bake when you're ready to serve.
Onion Cheese Bread
One of our favorites! This onion cheese bread recipe is delicious with all kinds of foods. Save some for making sandwiches with the leftover rump roast later in the week.
Strawberry Sheet Cake
This strawberry sheet cake has a whipped frosting that's out of this world!
Cheese & Sausage Quiche
An easy quiche with lots of Tex-Mex flavor! This can be made up to 2 days ahead of time and warmed up before serving.
Raspberry Thumbprint Scones
Start Valentines Day off with a light brunch. Raspberry scones are perfect with the quiche.
Salted Caramel Brulee Latte
Creamy, sweet, and oh-so-special! This salted caramel latte is an easy to make Starbucks copycat recipe.
White Chocolate Truffles
These easy truffles are delicately flavored with lemon and lavender.
Taco Stuffed Shells
One of our favorite meals for Taco Tuesday (or any day!). Taco stuffed shells are covered in an easy, rich and spicy queso.
Crunchy broccoli salad is full of flavor. Broccoli, cheese, onions, and sunflower seeds are coated in a sweet and tangy dressing.
Kahlua Bundt Cake
Dense and moist! My kahlua bundt cake is made from scratch - so good!
Herbed Chicken Breast
So tender and juicy! This is a classic baked chicken breast with gravy -just like Grandma's house!
Jiffy Corn Casserole
I don't know why we only serve this yummy, creamy corn casserole during the holidays. It's the perfect side to the chicken!
Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie
If you like salty and sweet you'll love this easy peanut butter pie with a pretzel crust!
Honey Garlic Meatballs
These easy honey garlic meatballs only take 30 minutes! Tender and delicious with a sweet-garlicky glaze. Serve with rice or mashed potatoes.
Garlicky soft breadsticks are so easy to make and even better than Olive Garden!
Strawberry Punch Bowl Cake
You may know it as a trifle, this strawberry punch bowl cake is made from layers of angel food cake, whipped cream mixture, and strawberries. You can make it ahead of time - in fact, it's better that way.
Honey Garlic Pork Chops
Honey garlic pork chops are slow cooked to tender perfection in the slow cooker.
Cheesy broccoli casserole is seasoned with Ranch and topped with buttery Ritz cracker crumbs.
Bourbon Peach Cobbler
Bourbon peach cobbler can be made in a skillet or a baking dish. It's a classic - serve with vanilla ice cream.
Leave a Reply