This homemade kahlua cake is so easy and completely from scratch. Rich, dense chocolate bundt cake is flavored with Kahlua, soaked in a Kahlua syrup after baking, and finally covered with ganache -- first a Kahlua Dark Chocolate Ganache then a Kahlua White Chocolate Ganache.
For this recipe you'll need: butter, cream cheese, sugar, brown sugar, eggs, flour, cocoa, salt, kahlua, cream, dark chocolate chips, white chocolate chips
I love Kahlua. Almost as much as Baileys, as a matter of fact. In essence, I am saying that I like sweet, dessert-like, girly drinks. That works fine for me and always has since I am, of course, a girl. The idea of a Kahlua cake holds so many possibilities. Chocolate Kahlua? Spice Kahlua? Vanilla Kahlua? I think I have decided on all of the above but, as always, chocolate comes first in my life.
I noticed that it's pretty tough to find a recipe for Kahlua cake from scratch and not a mix. Well, this chocolate Kahlua bundt cake is a from scratch Kahlua cake. I know that cake mixes are handy and all but I just don't like the idea of not knowing exactly what's in them or how to pronounce it. You are rarely going to get convenience food recipes from my blog - it happens but just not that often.
The cake is moist, gets a chocolate boost from cocoa as well as bittersweet chocolate chips, has plenty of Kahlua flavor, AND is soaked in a Kahlua syrup and then covered with a Kahlua dark chocolate ganache then topped with a Kahlua white chocolate ganache.
Helloooooo.If you have an hour this cake can be in your belly. All of it...because you won't want to share.
The following are affiliate links. If you click through and buy something I'll get a small commission used for keeping the blog up and running smoothly. Thanks for being a part of Restless Chipotle!
Hershey's Special Dark Chocolate Cocoa, 8-Ounce Cans (Pack of 6)
Nordic Ware Non-Stick Cast Aluminum Fleur De Lis Bundt Pan
Here's that chocolate Kahlua Cake recipe.
Kahlua Cake from ScratchPrint Save Go to Collections
- ½ cup Kahlua
- ¼ cup sugar
- 2 cups white chocolate chips
- 1 cup heavy cream
- ¼ cup Kahlua
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Grease and flour a bundt pan.
- Stir the flour, cocoa, baking soda, baking powder, and salt together -- set aside.
- Beat the butter and sugar until they are light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, beating until totally incorporated before adding the next egg.
- Mix the ½ cup Kahlua, vodka, and vanilla.
- Add ⅓ of the flour mixture to the butter mixture, beating on low speed.
- Add ½ the Kahlua mixture.
- Repeat the flour and Kahlua steps ending with the last of the flour.
- Fold in the sour cream until well blended.
- Finally fold in the chocolate chips.
- Spoon into the bundt pan and bake for 1 hour, or until cake tests done.
- Cool in pan 10 minutes before turning out.
- Cover the warm cake with glaze and let cool completely.
- Bring the Kahlua and sugar to a boil.
- Let boil for 1 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Heat the cream until bubbles form around the edge.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in the white chocolate until it is smooth and melted.
- Stir in the 1//4 cup Kahlua.
- Spoon over warm cake..