From meatball sandwiches to creamy chicken and noodles - we've got what you're hungry for, right here.
📅 Food Holidays
We celebrate a couple of fun food holidays this week. They're silly little holidays but it gives us an opportunity to make some memories and have some fun!
- February 8 is National Potato Lovers Day - It's a great time to really dig in (get it?) to those potato recipes. My favorite is still old fashioned fried potatoes!
- February 9 is National Pizza Day - and there's no better time to enjoy this super easy pizza dough!
🍹This week's cocktail
Lavender Earl Grey Mojito
I took my favorite tea and combined it with one of my favorite cocktails. This lavender Earl Grey mojito is amazing.
💭 Things to know
Here are some tips for this week -
- Double some of the recipes and freeze half. Find out how to meal prep for freezing.
- Make a simple garlic butter by stirring together 1 cup softened butter, 1 tablespoon garlic salt, 1 teaspoon garlic powder (or to taste), and 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning. Let stand for 15 minutes for the flavors to blend.
- Grab different types of the bagged salads for quick side dishes. They usually come with a unique mixture of ingredients that take salads up a notch.
- Save some of the biscuits and make biscuits and southern cream gravy for breakfast one day.
- Remember to prep as many of your ingredients at once as you can. Chop all the onions for the week, chop the celery for the week, etc.
- When you make rolled cookies make some plain and cut out some in special shapes for upcoming holidays. They freeze well and it saves time.
- Move the days around as you need to. Don't forget there are more meal plans here.
Spaghetti & Meatballs
These slow cooker meatballs are SO easy & tender! Just shape them and put them right into the crock pot raw. They simmer all day in marinara - and you have meatballs for dinner! Make double or triple. They freeze well and you'll need some for later in the week.
I love this quick & easy 30 minute baguette. Make garlic butter as directed in tips and serve it at the table OR spread on the slices and broil for a minute or two. Make extra loaves - you'll need them later in the week.
Red Velvet Cookie Ice Cream Sandwiches
Cut these easy red velvet cut out cookies in big rounds, bake, and put a big scoop of vanilla ice cream between two of them. Cut some in heart shapes to serve on Valentine's Day - they freeze well.
Chicken & Noodles
Chicken & Noodles is a quick bowl of country comfort. When you are poaching the chicken breast make extra to save time later in the week. Serve with a side salad.
These southern yeast biscuits are quick to make, like regular biscuits but rise high and light like a roll. Mix up some softened butter with a few teaspoons of honey and a pinch of cinnamon to serve with them. YUM!
Candy Apple Pie
Candy apple pie tastes like old fashioned candied apples! Apples are simmered in Red Hots syrup before being added to a buttery, flaky crust. Use a purchased crust to save time if you wish.
Creamy Tuscan Chicken
Done in one pan in about 30 minutes or less! This Tuscan chicken is one of our favorites.
Tortellini salad is a delicious side for this meal - as long as you aren't on a low carb eating plan. Save leftovers for tomorrow.
Chocolate Upside Down Cake
Chocolate Upside Down Cake is an old, old recipe that saves time because the frosting is baked right on the cake!
Remember the meatballs and baguettes we saved from Friday? Enjoy an almost instant dinner by using them for meatball sandwiches. Add Mozzarella to the tops and broil a few minutes just to melt.
Sausage Dip and Chips
Perfect for movie night or game day - serve a platter of the sandwiches, a big bowl of hot sausage dip, and chips.
Quadruple Chip Cookies
The ultimate chocolate chip cookie! 4 kinds of chips, pecans, and toffee make these irresistible! I like to make a dozen then drop the rest of the dough by teaspoonfuls on a baking sheet and freeze to bake when I want.
King Ranch Chicken
Today you'll use the leftover chicken you saved from Saturday to make this simple King Ranch Chicken casserole. It's crazy that so much flavor can be SO easy. A salad with tortilla chips broken up into it is a delicious side.
Hatch Chile Cheese Bread
Hatch Chile Cheese Bread makes great sandwiches, too!
Vanilla Ice Cream
This creamy vanilla ice cream is perfect for making ice cream sandwiches with the red velvet cookies.
Lots of creamy Tex-Mex flavor in this cheesy burrito casserole!
Broccoli salad has just the right amount of crunch! Creamy dressing, crunchy broccoli, salty sunflower seeds... YUM!
Today is National Cream Cheese Brownie Day and what better way to celebrate than these Pecan Praline Cheesecake Brownies?
Smothered chicken is a delicious southern dish that you can make right in the skillet! Creamy gravy, tender chicken... It's the best!
Potatoes au Gratin
Potatoes au gratin the way it used to be done! Thinly sliced potatoes, onions, cheese, and a homemade cream sauce. It takes 1 ½ hours to bake so either make this on your day off or substitute fried potatoes.
Buttermilk Dinner Rolls
These are homemade brown n serve rolls. I'll show you how to make a batch and freeze to brown and serve as needed. Plus the are super light and delish!
Lemon Cream Cake
This easy lemon sheet cake has an amazing, lighter-than-air whipped lemon frosting.
Leave a Reply