January is flying by! It's time to really settle in with those old fashioned comfort foods and family favorites. January 23 is national pi(e) day! Even though you might not have a lot of time you can make this easy German Chocolate Pie. There's no baking needed!
More free meal plans !!
📅 Food Holidays
We celebrate a couple of fun food holidays this week. They're silly little holidays but it gives us an opportunity to make some memories and have some fun!
- January 22 National Southern Food Day - you can pick almost anything on the blog but can I suggest this most amazing, very southern, chocolate chess pie?
- January 23 National Pie Day - so I don't think you can have too many pies - ever. Here're a ton of the best pie recipes to choose from.
- January 24 National Peanut Butter Day and I can't think of a better way to celebrate than with some chewy, crispy peanut butter cookies.
- January 25 National Irish Coffee Day ... and it's a great time to sip this Bailey's Irish Temper.
- January 26 National Peanut Brittle Day - I make my peanut brittle just a little differently than most.
- January 27 National Chocolate Cake Day is one of my favorite days of the year. Did you know I have ALL my chocolate cakes separated out into their own little category? Yep ... I do love me some chocolate cake.
- January 28 National Blueberry Pancake Day - and this should tell you why this is my favorite week. Between pies and candy and peanut butter and blueberry pancakes? Heaven! Try these blueberry blue cornmeal pancakes - so good!
💭 Tips for success
Here are some tips for this week -
- When you make the tamale pie also prep the burrito casserole. They have some of the same ingredients and you can get two meals done at once. Just assemble the casserole and refrigerate until ready to eat.
- Leftover creamed corn? Add some milk and heat up for a quick corn chowder for lunch.
- There is nothing better than a leftover meatloaf sandwich. Never.
- Leftover green beans can just be added to the chicken and stuffing slow cooker meal. Same with leftover carrots.
🍹This week's cocktail
Grapefruit Tequila Sour
You've just gotta love this gorgeous grapefruit and hibiscus tequila sour!
Tamale pie is one of those casseroles that always makes me feel better! It's make ahead and easy to freeze. The only thing you really need with it is a nice, crisp salad.
Baked Sweet Potatoes
You'll love these delicious baked sweet potatoes! So full of nutrition and they're so good!
Hot Chocolate Cobbler
This is a quick and easy chocolate dessert that's done in just 10 minutes!
Spicy, smoky, and a little bit tangy! This easy deviled chicken recipe came out of a 1950s Women's League cookbook. It's SO good!
Creamed corn is easy to make and just one of those yummy, hearty comfort foods we crave in the wintertime.
Dutch Apple Pie
Nothing goes better with this delicious meal than a Dutch apple pie.
Chicken Taco Bake
All the flavors of chicken tacos in a creamy, cheese casserole. Chicken taco bake is on our meal plan a lot.
Southern Green Beans
Mmm... green beans, onion, and bacon cooked to perfection! Southern green beans are good with everything.
Texas Sheet Cake
This fudgy Texas sheet cake is quick and easy. Super rich, super moist, and SUPER delicious.
Enjoy 30 quick weeknight dinner recipes!
This easy, creamed spinach is a low carb delight! If you love the steakhouse creamed spinach sides at your favorite steak spot you'll love this - and just 3 net carbs per serving.
Chewy cinnamon cookies are dipped in chocolate for the holidays but they are delicious plain all year long!
Freeze like a charm!
You'll love this easy burrito casserole layered with tortillas, beef, beans, and cheese in a creamy sauce. Assemble up to 2 days ahead of time and bake when ready to serve. Great with just a salad!
Maple Roasted Carrots
Sweet and a little spicy - these maple roasted carrots are easy to make and even dyed in the wool carrot haters gobble them up.
Spicy Lentil Soup
Simple vegetarian lentil soup can be made in a slow cooker or on top of the stove. It's a hearty winter recipe that's easy on the budget.
These soft garlic breadsticks are the perfect way to round out your meal!
Ginger Peach Sorbet
I don't know about you but I can eat ice cream any time of the year! This ginger peach sorbet is fresh and fruity - a light finish to end this hearty meal.
Crockpot Chicken & Dressing
Crockpot Chicken & Dressing is and easy one pot meal! All the flavor of Sunday dinner at grandma's without all the work.
Crispy outsides with a steaming, tender interior - Cornmeal popovers hold gravy or melted butter and honey equally well. A vintage recipe that deserves a comback!
Buttermilk Pound Cake
A southern classic! This simple buttermilk pound cake can be served plain, with a sauce, fruit. It's tender and just full of old fashioned goodness.