Focusing on family friendly comfort foods this week but keeping it quick and easy as everyone gets back into the workday/school day routine.
📅 Food Holidays
- January 16 International Hot and Spicy Food Day
- January 18 National Gourmet Coffee Day so treat yourself to this yummy latte!
- January 20 National Cheese Lover's Day ... might I suggest this very yummy tavern style mac & cheese.
- January 21 National Banana Bread Day - give this orange glazed banana bread a try.
💭 Tips for success
Here are some tips for this week -
- While you are cooking the ground beef for the lasagna soup go ahead and shape the ground beef patties for the slow cooker salisbury steaks. You can put everything in the slow cooker and refrigerate overnight then get a start on it easily in the morning.
- If you don't want to make the kalamata olive bread just make extra garlic breadsticks. They're so easy!
- Need a grab and go breakfast? These egg bites are low carb but they're so delicious everyone loves them!
🍹This week's cocktail
Mexican Hot Chocolate
Cuddle up with this spiked Mexican Hot Chocolate that's rich and spicy!
Quick and easy! This hearty lasagna soup has all the flavor of the classic casserole without all the work!
Soft Garlic Breadsticks
Just like Olive Garden! You'll love having an unlimited supply of these easy homemade breadsticks!
Crescent Roll Danish
These easy cream cheese Danish pastries are just as good for dessert as for breakfast.
Slow Cooker Salisbury Steaks
You're family will lick their plates when this easy Crockpot Salisbury Steaks recipe is on the menu! Perfect with mashed potatoes! Pick them up at the store if you don't have time to make them!
Pain de Mie
This easy Pain de Mie (also called Pullman Loaf) is fabulous when cut thick and served with the salisbury steaks on top. It soaks up all that luscious gravy!
Green Beans & Bacon
You'll love this easy southern classic - green beans and bacon!
These gingerbread snowballs are so good they're not just for Christmas!
Honey Garlic Meatballs
We love these Glazed Meatballs served with steamed, buttered rice but mashed potatoes work, too!
Cauliflower Mashed Potatoes
Cut back on calories and carbs without sacrificing flavor with this cauliflower mashed potatoes side dish!
Lemon Meringue Pie
You'll love this tangy, smooth lemon meringue pie recipe! It's a classic!
All of the creamy comfort of classic chicken tetrazzini kicked up with southwestern flavor. Serve with a salad.
Kalamata Olive Bread
You'll want to make this Kalamata Olive Bread when you've got some time off but it is delicious with the tetrazzini!
Soft Snickerdoodle Cookies
End the meal with this easy Snickerdoodle cookies!
Shrimp Po Boy
This shrimp po' boy is so easy because you start with frozen breaded shrimp! Make the easy avocado remoulade while the shrimp bakes!
Creamy and tangy! This crispy cole slaw recipe is a KFC copycat. Actually we think it's better!
Pig Pickin' Cake
Pig Pickin' Cake is creamy and absolutely decadent with a whipped cream and citrus topping. It's MUCH easier than it looks!
Roasted Snap Peas
This easy side dish has ALL the flavor but it's so approachable the kids will love it, too.
Homemade banana pudding from scratch is a lot easier than you think! You make the pudding in the microwave so there's no scorching and it's FAST!
Enjoy 30 quick weeknight dinner recipes!
📚 Related recipes
Find more meal plans and menu ideas for January -
What’s new? Check out my Restless Chipotle & Co. Store on Amazon where you'll find all kinds of nostalgic goodness! Thanks so much for being a part of Restless Chipotle!
First published January 3, 2021. Last updated January 3, 2022 for new combinations and meal plan ideas.