Pretzel crusted peanut butter pie is so easy and even more delicious. A creamy peanut butter mousse filling is spooned over rich caramel covered in ganache and chilled in a salty pretzel crust. A sprinkle of fleur de sel on the top keeps the salty-sweet vibe going.
For this recipe you’ll need: pretzels, unsalted butter, caramel sauce, chocolate chips, heavy cream, creamy peanut butter, cream cheese, sugar
Table of Contents
Variations on this Recipe
This recipe is absolutely amazing as it is but… there are a few little changes you can make to keep it from getting boring.
- Add chopped peanut butter cups to the top or add a layer of them between the ganache and the peanut butter mousse layers.
- Chopped salted peanuts on top
- Add the ganache to the peanut butter mousse – it’s a little more dense but more like a peanut butter truffle
- Use a chocolate cookie crust
- Use a Ritz cracker crust
- Use white chocolate ganache
- Remove the chocolate and caramel completely and just use the peanut butter – put whipped cream over the top
Tips for Making Peanut Butter Pie
This recipe is super easy – definitely easy enough for a beginner. Here are some tips to help you get it right every time!
- You can use melted caramels, commercial caramel sauce, OR you can treat yourself to the Jack Daniels caramel sauce here. You know which one I would go with, right? Yeah, I thought so.
- Save some of the pretzel crumbs and chocolate to drizzle over the top. It looks beautiful and tastes better.
- Cut this in small pieces. It is written for 10 servings but you could probably make it 12 unless your family is expert dessert consumers.
- Be sure not to overwhip the cream or you will have little granules of butter in the filling. Not pleasant.
- When you are folding the cream into the peanut butter use a rubber spatula and a gentle over and under movement.
- The cream cheese needs to be at a warm room temperature – very soft but not melted.
- Don’t put the chocolate chips in the microwave. They’ll melt in the hot cream – just keep stirring.
- Don’t try to take this to an outdoor event in hot weather… it will lose its texture completely.
- Store in the refrigerator, tightly covered for up to 3 days.
- If your refrigerator has a strong smell (onions, fish, etc) the pie WILL take on that flavor.
More Yummy Pie Recipes
Pie. It has to be one of the most popular categories of desserts ever. I love them all from fruit pies to creamy concoctions! Here are some of my favorites.
- Classic Pecan Pie is always going to be on my top 5 list. Gooey, sweet enough to make your teeth ache, and full of toasted pecans. It’s definitely the best.
- Chocolate Chess Pie is another favorite. It’s like eating brownie batter right out of a buttery pie shell. SO good.
- German Chocolate Pie has all the flavors of the cake but in a creamy no bake pie.
- Millionaire Pie is creamy, light, and full of fruity flavor – it’s probably one of the easiest no bake pies ever created.
- S’mores Pie is like the summer favorite but no need to build a campfire or even heat up the oven.
- Chocolate Dessert Nachos aren’t pie…but they’re the perfect addition to your summer menu if you’re grilling.
This no bake Butterfinger pie recipe from Plain Chicken makes me hungry every time I look at it.
You May Need
The following are affiliate links. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
What’s new? Check out my Restless Chipotle & Co. Store on Amazon! Thanks so much for being a part of Restless Chipotle!
If you can’t find Fleur De Sel Sea Salt locally you can get it on Amazon. I also prefer the 10-inch glass pie pans. It just seems to make a nice sized pie for my family and I like glass baking dishes better than metal ones in almost every circumstance. If you prefer 9-inch pie pans or even 8-inch pie pans you can get glass ones as well. I love this 9-inch glass pie plate with an expandable cover! The generously sized rim allows you to grab it out of the oven without tearing up the pie and having a reusable cover is great.
Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie Recipe
This pie is totally addictive – especially if you are one of those people (like me ) that loves sweet and salty combinations. You can make it a day or two ahead of time, too.
I haven’t tried to freeze it – I’m pretty sure it would freeze well although the pretzels on top might get a little soggy. Give it a try and come back and share your images!
If you love this recipe please give it 5 stars!
Peanut Butter Pie with Pretzel CrustPrint Add to Collection Go to Collections
- 2 cups coarsely crushed pretzels, reserve some for the top
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter, melted
Caramel Bottom Layer
- 1/2 cup caramel sauce, either homemade or commercial
Chocolate Bottom Layer
- 12 ounces chocolate chips, ,milk chocolate, bittersweet, semi sweet, dark, or a combination – reserve some for topping
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
Peanut Butter Layer
- 1 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 8 ounce package cream cheese, , softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 pint heavy cream
- 1/3 cup sugar
- Fleur de Sel
- Chocolate curls
- Preheat the oven to 350°.
- Add the melted butter to pretzel crumbs and toss with a fork.
- Press the mixture into a 10 inch pie plate, firmly.
- Bake for 10 minutes, or until set.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool completely.
- Heat the 3/4 cup of heavy cream to a simmer.
- Remove from heat and stir in the chocolate chips.
- Continue to stir until mixture is smooth and all of the chips are melted.
- Set aside.
Peanut Butter Layer
- Add the peanut butter and cream cheese to a mixer fitted with the paddle attachment.
- Beat until the peanut butter and cream cheese mix and soften.
- Add the 1/2 cup sugar and beat until there is no graininess.
- Set aside.
- In a clean mixer bowl, with the whip attachment whip the cream until it begins to thicken.
- Slowly add the 1/3 cup sugar as you continue to whip the cream until it is thick and fluffy.
- Do not overbeat.
- Carefully fold half of the whipped cream into the peanut butter mixture, be sure not to deflate the cream.
- Fold in the rest of the whipped cream.
- Add the caramel to the prepared crust.
- Chill briefly. (10 -15 minutes, just to set)
- Spoon the chocolate on top of the caramel and chill for 10 minutes or so.
- Add the peanut butter mixture.
- Top with the reserved chocolate and pretzel crumbs
- Just before serving top with a sprinkle of Fleur de Sel if desired.
Sign up for the emails and never miss another recipe!!We’ll never share your email or send you spam. Pinkie swear.
Share Your Images