This week we celebrate Labor Day - and say goodbye to summer! If you need a quick, weekday breakfast for back to school give this pumpkin spiced baked oatmeal a try!
📅 Food Holidays
- September 5 National Cheese Pizza Day
- September 6 Labor Day is the perfect time to try this easy, make ahead strawberry punch bowl cake.
- September 7 National Beer Lovers' Day and what better way to celebrate than with Tavern style mac & cheese?
- The Frito salad can be assembled all but the Fritos up to two days ahead of time. Stir the corn chips in just before serving.
- Make extra waffles. They freeze well and are such a delicious breakfast!
- Make both pies at the same time. The chess pie will be fine refrigerated for a couple of days.
- Make a batch of the 30 minute baguettes and use them for both the po' boy sandwiches and to go with the spaghetti.
🍹This week's cocktail
The classic Tom Collins is refreshing and oh-so-simple!
Taco spaghetti is an easy one pan meal that's done in less than 30 minutes! Creamy, cheesy comfort food and super easy clean up! Serve with a crispy side salad.
Cornmeal popovers are light and crispy. They mix up fast in the blender and are a fun accompaniment to the spaghetti.
There are just three ingredients in this easy pumpkin spice cake plus a luscious cream cheese frosting.
Cinnamon Spiced Apples
These spiced apples are just perfect with the chicken for lots of fall flavor.
Chocolate Chip Gooey Butter Bars
Y'all. Chocolate Chip Gooey Butter Bars are the bees knees with three scoops of kookookachoo. SO good!
This rich chicken cacciatore is delicious over pasta or rice! Make a big batch - it freezes well.
Easy Drop Biscuits
No kneading, no rolling, no cutting - these drop biscuits come out big and fluffy without the hassle of conventional biscuits.
Chocolate Chess Pie
Chocolate chess pie is like eating brownie batter in a buttery crust. It's the best!
Slow Cooker Chicken & Stuffing
Just like Sunday dinner at Grandma's! You'll love this easy, all in one, slow cooker chicken and stuffing.
Frito Corn Salad
Corn, cheese, onions, and crispy corn chips make this unique Frito salad the perfect summer side dish.
Bourbon Peach Tea
Make a big pitcher of this bourbon peach tea and sit back and enjoy your day.
Italian Beef Sandwich
Slow Cooker Italian beef is so good piled high on a crusty roll! I like mine with provolone cheese melting on top!
Cucumbers in Sour Cream
Cucumbers in sour cream is one of my favorite side dishes. I like to use leftovers as the filling for cucumber sandwiches.
Smoked Sausage Shepherd's Pie
Creamy and so easy! This smoked sausage shepherd's pie is on the table fast!
This easy baguette is done in 30 minutes. It's delicious fresh and warm from the oven!
Fudgy, rich chocolate pudding is made in the microwave so it never sticks or scorches.
Green Beans & Potatoes
Green Beans & New Potatoes are so comforting!
Lemon Meringue Pie
Old fashioned lemon meringue pie is so good - when's the last time you treated the family (and yourself) to some?