This week we celebrate Labor Day - and say goodbye to summer! If you need a quick, weekday breakfast for back to school give this pumpkin spiced baked oatmeal a try!
📅 Food Holidays
- September 5 National Cheese Pizza Day
- September 6 Labor Day
- September 7 National Beer Lovers' Day and what better way to celebrate than with Tavern style mac & cheese?
🫑 What's in Season?
Make the most of these fresh flavors.
- Bell pepper
- Green beans & Wax beans
- Winter squash
- Zucchini and yellow squash
💭 Tips for success
- Cook enough ground beef for both the taco spaghetti and the million dollar spaghetti at the same time. It will save a few minutes of prep time.
- You can put the dry rub on the meat and put it back in the refrigerator (covered) for up to 24 hours. The meat will soak up all those delicious flavors in the rub while it's waiting for you to get the grill going.
- The Frito salad can be assembled all but the Fritos up to two days ahead of time. Stir the corn chips in just before serving.
- Leftover Ranch chicken? Chop it all up into the gravy and serve it over the biscuits or inside the popovers.
- Use this easy crispy chicken tenders recipe for the po'boys and make enough for the chicken and waffles, too.
- Make extra waffles. They freeze well and are such a delicious breakfast!
- Make both pies at the same time. The chess pie will be fine refrigerated for a couple of days.
- Make a batch of the 30 minute baguettes and use them for both the po' boy sandwiches and to go with the spaghetti.
🍹This week's cocktail
The classic Tom Collins is refreshing and oh-so-simple!
Taco spaghetti is an easy one pan meal that's done in less than 30 minutes! Creamy, cheesy comfort food and super easy clean up! Serve with a crispy side salad.
Cornmeal popovers are light and crispy. They mix up fast in the blender and are a fun accompaniment to the spaghetti.
There are just three ingredients in this easy pumpkin spice cake plus a luscious cream cheese frosting.
Cinnamon Spiced Apples
These spiced apples are just perfect with the chicken for lots of fall flavor.
Chocolate Chip Gooey Butter Bars
Y'all. Chocolate Chip Gooey Butter Bars are the bees knees with three scoops of kookookachoo. SO good!
Slow Cooker Ranch Chicken
Crockpot Ranch Chicken is a one pot meal with tender chicken breast, butter potatoes, and sweet carrots in a creamy chicken gravy.
Easy Drop Biscuits
No kneading, no rolling, no cutting - these drop biscuits come out big and fluffy without the hassle of conventional biscuits.
Chocolate Chess Pie
Chocolate chess pie is like eating brownie batter in a buttery crust. It's the best!
Frito Corn Salad
Corn, cheese, onions, and crispy corn chips make this unique Frito salad the perfect summer side dish.
Bourbon Peach Tea
Make a big pitcher of this bourbon peach tea and sit back and enjoy your day.
Chicken Po Boy
These fried chicken po' boy sandwiches really hit the spot! So good!
Cucumbers in Sour Cream
Cucumbers in sour cream is one of my favorite side dishes. I like to use leftovers as the filling for cucumber sandwiches.
Million Dollar Spaghetti
Million dollar spaghetti is a mashup between spaghetti and lasagna. It's so good with a creamy, cheese center.
This easy baguette is done in 30 minutes. It's delicious fresh and warm from the oven!
Fudgy, rich chocolate pudding is made in the microwave so it never sticks or scorches.
Green Beans & Potatoes
Green Beans & New Potatoes are so comforting!
Lemon Meringue Pie
Old fashioned lemon meringue pie is so good - when's the last time you treated the family (and yourself) to some?
📚Easy Weeknight Dinners!
Who doesn't need more easy, weeknight dinner recipes? Check out these 30 family friendly, budget friendly family dinners that are freezable, make-ahead, and can be on the table in minutes.