This week you can look forward to street style tacos made with tender chicken, a kid-friendly casserole that's topped with Tater Tots, and an easy no knead pizza crust to top any way you like.
📅 Food Holidays
We celebrate a couple of fun food holidays this week. They're silly little holidays but it gives us an opportunity to make some memories and have some fun!
- June 19th is National Martini Day so do the James Bond thing and enjoy a dry martini ( stirred not shaken) or venture out on a limb and try my chocolate peppermint martini!
- June 21 is National Peaches and Cream Day the perfect excuse to have one of these white chocolate peach muffins!
- June 22 National Chocolate Eclair Day is the perfect time to try your hand at these chocolate eclairs with coffee cream.
- June 24 National Pralines Day. Have you ever had this Louisiana specialty? Give my praline recipe a try!
🫑 What's in Season?
A better question might be, "what isn't in season?"
Everything is ripening and coming into the Farmers' Markets now. It's fresh, in season, and at it's best. Make the most of these fresh flavors.
- Bell pepper
- Berries (raspberries, strawberries, blackberries, blueberries)
- Green beans & Wax beans
- Zucchini and yellow squash
💭 Tips for success
- Put a couple of pounds of chicken breast in the slow cooker on Friday - I get the ones at Costco. You'll have enough chicken for the tacos plus the chicken spaghetti and the fiesta chicken.
- Add some bbq sauce to the chicken and use it to make bbq chicken pizzas on
- Brown a couple of pounds of ground beef to carry over for both the cowboy casserole and the beef and potatoes skillet.
- Add a can of cream of chicken soup to leftover chicken and serve it over leftover cornbread for a light lunch or dinner.
- Cinnamon gelato goes really really well with that apple cake!
🍹This week's cocktail
If you love vintage things like I do you'll want to try this commodore cocktail that was all the rage in the 1930s. Bourbon, creme de cacao, lemon, and grenadine create a complex, sophisticated drink.
Chicken Street Tacos
Make the tacos anyway you want but start with this tender tequila lime chicken made in the slow cooker!
Mexican Hot Chocolate Cobbler
This easy chocolate dessert comes together in 10 minutes in the microwave.
Beefy cheesy goodness! Cowboy casserole is kid friendly and topped with Tater Tots. Super easy!
Southern Green Beans
Classic southern green beans are a delicious side for any meal!
Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie
I love the salty sweet goodness of this no bake chocolate peanut butter pie with pretzel crust.
French Onion Chicken
French onion soup mix seasons bone in chicken breast for a meal that comes out of the oven tender and juicy. French onion chicken is a favorite!
Pasta con Broccoli
Pasta con broccoli is made with tender pasta and broccoli simmered in a creamy pink sauce.
This easy apple bundt cake is sweet and spicy with a whiskey glaze.
Beef & Potato Skillet
Just about as easy as one of those boxed Hamburger Helper dinners! Beef and potato skillet is creamy and cheesy.
Copycat KFC Coleslaw
Creamy coleslaw is a must for summer. We eat it with burgers and hot dogs, fried chicken and on top of bbq sandwiches!
Cranberry Oatmeal Cookies
Dried cranberries, white chocolate, and oatmeal comes together in these crispy, chewy cranberry oatmeal cookies.
Classic southern chicken spaghetti is creamy and cheesy - always a family favorite!
Green Bean Salad
Crisp green beans, new potatoes, cherry tomatoes, and red onions are marinated in a zesty Italian dressing for this green bean salad. It's a family favorite.
Peach Cobbler Dump Cake
All you need is about 2 minutes prep time on this easy peach cobbler dump cake! Serve it warm with whipped cream or ice cream.
Slow cooker fiesta chicken has all the Tex-Mex flavor. If you start with precooked chicken from Friday you really only need to heat it up in a pan on the stove.
This cornbread is great alongside the fiesta chicken and rice OR spoon the chicken right over the cornbread!
Homemade banana pudding made from scratch! No boxed pudding here. It's unbelievably creamy and rich.
This is the easiest pizza dough ever. You can make put the dough together and keep it in the fridge for up to a week... just scoop out what you need when you want fresh pizza!
Ginger Peach Sorbet
Light and fresh, this ginger peach sorbet is the perfect ending to any summer meal.
📚 Related recipes
Enjoy 30 quick weeknight dinner recipes!