This week's meal plan is full of great ideas for saving time and money. I've included some of my summer favorites to get us in the mood for warmer weather - because it's almost summer vacation here in Texas!
You'll find all the plans in the meal plan category.
📅 Food Holidays
- May 14 is National Buttermilk Biscuit Day! Enjoy some biscuits with maybe a little strawberry butter?
- May 15 is National Chocolate Chip Day! You'll love these chocolate chip gooey butter bars.
- May 16 is National BBQ Day so you'll definitely want to grab some bbq. Leftovers? Try it instead of pork in this pulled pork mac and cheese.
- May 18 is I love Reese's Day and what better way to enjoy the flavors than in this Reese's Peanut Butter Cheesecake?
- May 19 is National Devils Food Cake Day and you've got try this spiced Devils Food Cake.
- May 20 is National Pick Strawberries Day. Try one of these great strawberry recipes when you get home!
💭 Things to know
Here are some ways you can save time and money this week!
- Get a big batch of boneless chicken breasts or thighs at Costco and cook the whole thing when you make the tequila lime chicken. You'll be able to use it in the fajita chicken soup, chicken salad, and bacon ranch chicken pasta - as well as adding to to the tortillini salad to make it a bit heartier.
- Need more leftover chicken ideas? Add chicken gravy (bought or homemade) to it and serve over mashed potatoes, baked potatoes, rice, or toast for an almost instant meal.
- Add a can of Ro*Tel to leftover black eyed pea salad to make a really delicious salsa. Serve it with chips when you have the chicken fajita soup.
- Mix leftover pot roast with beef gravy and serve over thick slices of the buttermilk bread.
- Make the chocolate chip cookie dough but only bake enough for dessert. Drop the rest of it by the tablespoon full on baking sheets and freeze. You'll have fresh cookies whenever you want and people will think you are Wonder-person.
- Make the pasta salad on Sunday afternoon so it has time to marinate before Monday dinner.
🍹This week's cocktail
Strawberry Vodka Lemonade
You'll love this fresh spiked strawberry lemonade. So refreshing!
Meatloaf Stuffed Bell Peppers
These meatloaf stuffed bell peppers are easy to make AND they freeze really well. Double the recipe and freeze half for another time.
It just so happens to be National Buttermilk Biscuit Day so make a batch of these fluffy buttermilk biscuits and serve them hot with butter and honey.
Banana Pudding Pie
This easy, no bake, banana pudding pie goes together in minutes! It's going to be your favorite summer dessert.
Tequila Lime Chicken Tacos
The chicken for these tequila lime chicken tacos is slow cooked until it's buttery, melt in your mouth tender! Make a bunch and use it in other recipes.
Black Eyed Pea Salad
Black eyed pea salad is sometimes called cowboy caviar. It's tangy and delicious with just a touch of spicy goodness.
Chocolate Chip Cookies
Happy National Chocolate Chip Day! You'll love these chewy quadruple chip cookies!
Mississippi Pot Roast
Probably the most popular pot roast on the Internet! Mississippi pot roast is easy to make, always delicious, and leftovers freeze well so you can cook once and eat for days!
Light and fluffy buttermilk bread is a no fail loaf that's been on of my most popular recipes for years. Serve it warm with butter alongside the roast for a deliciously old fashioned dinner.
Summer Fruit Salad
The summer holidays are coming! Make a trial batch of this colorful summer fruit salad now and you'll see how easy it is to serve this beautiful fruit bowl all summer long.
It's time to fire up the grill! You'll love this grilled chicken! Chicken breast is wrapped in bacon then brushed with bbq sauce - so good!
Old fashioned potato salad is perfect with this meal!
No Bake Lemon Cheesecake
Just like the old fashioned Woolworth's Lemon Cheesecake that's been a favorite for decades! Super easy to make and no baking required.
Fajita Chicken Soup
This slow cooker chicken fajita soup is full of Tex-mex flavor. It's almost too hot for soup... but not quite!
If you've never made homemade saltine crackers before you are in for a treat! They are buttery, crispy, and delicious plus a lot easier than you think!
Mexican Hot Chocolate Cobbler
This easy Mexican Hot Chocolate Cobbler is done in the microwave in less than 10 minutes! Cakey top covers a warm, rich pudding for pure chocolatey goodness.
Chicken Salad Croissants
Tea room style chicken salad is made with chunks of tender chicken breast, pecans, celery, red grapes, and a generous amount of mayonnaise.
Sweet Potato Fries
Baked sweet potato fries are a delicious side dish. They are easy to make and even easier to eat.
Wine makes a pretty, light sorbet that continues today's casual tea room theme. Make this Rose Sorbet with the pink rose wine or try your favorite red or white!
Chicken Bacon Ranch Pasta
Use the chicken you cooked earlier in the week to make this fast and easy. Creamy chicken bacon ranch pasta is one of those casseroles the quickly becomes a family favorite.
Smothered Green Beans
Classic southern green beans take an hour or more to make but these smothered green beans are done in minutes and have ALL the flavor!
Buttermilk Pound Cake
Buttermilk pound cake is delicately flavored so that it goes with anything! I think it's especially delicious with in season fruit.
Leave a Reply