If you like, no… if you love that addictive salty sweet combination then this Reeses Peanut Butter Cheesecake with a Ritz cracker crust is the dessert of your dreams.
Smooth and creamy… salty and sweet… crispy crust and silky topping — it’s all right here. RIGHT HERE. Did I mention the chopped Reese’s candies mixed throughout the batter and sprinkled on top?
I don’t usually go for Reese’s cups. I prefer the caramel type bars like Milky Way. BUT at Easter time something happens and I like… no I want…. not I CRAVE that chocolate peanut butter perfection. I am not even sure when I started associating the two. Hmmm…
My 23 year old son has been home on leave from Okinawa for the month so I have been trying to make all kinds of stuff that I know he likes. It’s funny, you know. I am going through that weird, they don’t need me to do anything for them stage. The three sons that I don’t see, all military, are responsible, well adjusted, talented men. They rarely need to come to me for advice anymore, although once in awhile they do. They are all making good incomes and handling their money wisely so I am not slipping extra into their accounts as I have done in the past at times. I look at them and I think that maybe I got it right.
But that comes with sort of a lump to the throat, too. I want them to need me… just a little.
I still have four at home and the other one lives close enough for visits so I am not experiencing true empty nest syndrome. Yet. Until that time comes I intend to enjoy every minute I get to spend with them, whether that’s on a daily basis, a weekly basis, or a couple of times a decade.
My son loved this cheesecake — we all did. The Ritz cracker crust was kind of a cool addition — I plan on using them more. How do you spoil your kids (in a good way?)
The following link is an affiliate link. If you click through and buy then I get a small commission which is used to support the blog. Thank you!
A lot of people ask about my springform pans. I use a 9 or 10-inch springform that’s good and heavy for cheesecakes. Nordic Ware is my favorite company and they have this leakproof pan on sale right now.
Here you go — and I hope you like this as much as we did. Oh… the nutrition information is in the you don’t want to know level.
Reeses Peanut Butter Cheesecake Recipe
This cheesecake is one of our favorites – creamy, dense, and full of that chocolate and peanut butter combination everyone loves. If you like this recipe please give it 5 stars.
Reeses Peanut Butter CheesecakePrint Add to Collection Go to Collections
- 3 cups Ritz cracker crumbs, , about 2-3 sleeves.
- 1/3 cup melted butter that has been allowed to turn golden brown
- 32 oz cream cheese, , room temperature
- 3/4 cup peanut butter
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 6 eggs, , room temperature
- 16 oz container of sour cream
- 12 ounce package Reeses, , unwrapped and chopped into fourths. Divided use.
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 cup bittersweet and milk chocolate mixed and chopped
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Cover the outside bottom and sides of a 9 inch springform pan with aluminum foil.
- Mix the butter and the crumbs and press into the pan.
- Press the crumbs about half way up the sides.
- Mix the cream cheese on low speed until creamy.
- Add the peanut butter and mix until blended.
- Add sugar and continue to beat.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating 2-3 minutes after each.
- Fold in the sour cream and vanilla.
- Fold in all but 1/2 cup of the Reese's candy.
- Spoon the of the batter into the pan and smooth the top.
- Place the springform in a larger pan and fill the bigger pan with hot water until it comes halfway up the sides of the cheesecake pan.
- Bake for 50 minutes and then turn the oven off. Leave the door closed and the cheesecake in the turned off oven for 1 hour. DO NOT PEEK.
- Remove the pan from water bath and allow the cake to come to room temperature.
- Refrigerate, tightly covered, for 8 hours.
- Heat the cream to a simmer.
- Stir in chocolate and butter until it is melted and creamy.
- Spread over the cooled cake.
- Garnish with reserved candy and serve.
Sign up for the emails and never miss another recipe!!We'll never share your email or send you spam. Pinkie swear.
If you liked this Peanut Butter Cheesecake you may also like…
Homemade Reese’s Eggs Cakes Cottage
Extreme Reeses Peanut Butter No Bake Pie Slow Roasted Italian
Included in Meal Plan Monday at Southern Bite