Homemade strawberry butter is so quick and easy to make you'll want to enjoy it all season long! It's delicious melting into a pink puddle on a hot biscuit or smeared across popovers. This simple recipe is very similar to the iconic strawberry butter that Neiman Marcus has served with their popovers for decades.
For this recipe you'll need: strawberries, butter, powdered sugar, lime, vanilla
Neiman Marcus in downtown Dallas is the original. It's sat in the same spot since it was built in 1914 to replace the old Neiman Marcus building which had burned down. When I was a little girl in the 1960s my mother took me there to shop once in awhile but birthdays were always an occasion for lunch at the Zodiac Room. White gloves, poufy dress, and shiny patent leather shoes with bright buckles - back then you dressed up to shop.
Over the past few years my friend has been taking me to the Zodiac Room for my birthday and we are always excited about the billowy popovers served with sweet, whipped strawberry butter. I think that my version is a touch better than their version but they totally have me beat with tuxedoed waiters and white linen tablecloths.
I hope that someday you'll get a chance to enjoy a lunch at Neiman's in downtown Dallas but until then make a batch of this fresh strawberry butter and enjoy!
Tips for Making Whipped Strawberry Butter
Experience Level: Beginning Cook
This stuff could not be easier but here are a few things you should know -
- Have all the ingredients at room temperature - they'll blend better.
- For the best flavor the strawberries should be good and ripe.
- Don't blend the berries into mush - pulse to make them finely chopped.
- Adjust the amount of confectioner's sugar to your own tastes.
- You can form the strawberry butter into logs and slice as needed.
- It will keep about a week in the refrigerator - longer in the freezer.
- Like any butter, this fruit butter will take on off flavors from refrigerator smells.
- Any soft fruit will work - blueberries, blackberries, raspberries, peaches...
You May Need
The following are affiliate links. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Thanks so much for being a part of Restless Chipotle!
Making this strawberry butter is so much easier when you've got a food processor. If you are in the market for one check this out -
This mini food processor is great for things like strawberry butters and small food chores. I love this one -
Need Something to Put Your Strawberry Butter On?
Now that you've got strawberry butter you're going to need something to put it on, right?
- Easy Drop Biscuits
- Honey Buttermilk Bread
- English Muffin Bread
- Angel Biscuits
- Cornmeal Popovers
- Potato Rolls
- Buttermilk Biscuits
Homemade Strawberry Butter Recipe
Be sure to grab a batch of strawberries and make this soon! It's not as good with out of season berries. If you love this recipe as much as I do please give it 5 stars!
Homemade Strawberry ButterPrint Add to Collection Go to Collections
- 1 cup unsalted butter, , room temperature
- 1/2 cup strawberries, , pulsed in a food processor
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar, , more as desired
- 1 tablespoon lime zest
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- Process all ingredients in a food processor until smooth.
- Refrigerate until firm.
- Use as desired.
Sign up for the emails and never miss another recipe!!We'll never share your email or send you spam. Pinkie swear.
More Strawberry Recipes !
From left to right:Strawberry Pavlova, Strawberry Rhubarb Pie, Strawberry Punch Bowl Cake
Included in Meal Plan Monday- Check it out!