Wondering what to serve with chicken cordon bleu casserole? This collection of 57 recipes includes the best sides dishes, drinks, and desserts to complement your delicious main dish.
❤️ Why we love it
- A great way to repurpose leftover chicken
- Made with budget-friendly, simple ingredients that stretch
- All the rich flavors of chicken cordon bleu but a fraction of the effort
Satisfying yet easy, chicken cordon bleu casserole makes busy weeknights feel like a special occasion. It's pure comfort food that has everyone rushing to the table before you even shout out "dinner time!"
🥦 Vegetables and Sides
Veggies and simple sides are a great option to serve with homemade chicken cordon bleu because they contrast the casserole's creamy sauce so well. Plus, the best part is that they tend to cook without much time or effort at all!
- Acorn Squash
- Asparagus (steamed, roasted, or sauteed)
- Baby carrots with maple glaze
- Baked or air-fried sweet potato fries
- Brown rice
- English pea salad
- French green beans with melted butter
- French fries
- Green bean salad
- Green beans with potatoes
- Green peas (frozen or canned)
- Italian green salad
- Fresh or frozen broccoli with lemon butter sauce
- Mashed potatoes
- Side salad with cherry tomatoes
- Red-skin mashed potatoes
- Roasted Brussels sprouts
- Sweet potatoes
- White rice (use Instant rice for a quick and easy side dish)
- Wild rice
- Zucchini fries with a splash of lemon juice
Serving bread is the perfect way to make a meal stretch, and it's great for swiping up the rich, thick sauce of chicken cordon bleu casserole. Plus, there are so many varieties, you'll never get bored with bread!
- Cheesy bread
- Easy 30-minute dinner rolls
- Frozen rolls
- Garlic breadsticks
- Herb and garlic knots
- French bread
- Focaccia bread
- Homemade baguette
- Italian bread
- Rustic bread made in a cloche
- Rye bread
- Sourdough slices
- Smoked gouda cheese bread
- Texas toast
A delicious dish should always be followed with dessert—at least, that's the rule in our house! The next time you're planning what to serve with chicken cordon blue casserole, treat your taste buds to these sweets.
- Apple pie with crumble topping
- Blueberry pie
- Buttermilk pound bundt cake
- Cherry pie
- Chocolate mayonnaise layer cake
- Classic chocolate chip cookies
- Double chocolate fudge Coca-Cola cake
- Fresh, seasonal fruit and whipped cream
- Homemade fudge
- Ice cream sundae
- Lemon bars with gingersnap crust
- No-bake pudding pie
- Oreo Banana Bread
🍷 Wine and cocktails
You can make a great dish even better by serving beverages that enhance the flavors of the casserole. Here are some of the best wine and cocktail pairings to serve with chicken cordon bleu!
- Apple cider sangria
- Chennin Blanc
- Cranberry Moscow mule
- Maple syrup old-fashioned cocktail
- Moscato (if you prefer a sweeter white wine)
- Pinot Gris
- Whiskey sour cocktail
It's not a complete meal without a little bit of garnish and fresh herbs! Add a pop of color or tasty finishing flavor to your casserole dish with these easy ideas.
- Dijon mustard
- Fresh-cracked black pepper
- Hot sauce
- Parmesan cheese
- Sea salt
💭 Things to know
Cook like a pro, and impress your friends and family. These tips will help you to have the best chicken cordon bleu meal ever!
- Don't dress salads until the last minute to keep them extra crisp.
- You can keep bread warm until you're ready to eat using an oven set to 200 degrees F. Cover the loaf/rolls/sticks with foil so they don't dry out.
- If you're going to keep your steamed or sauteed vegetable sides on the stove for a while, cook them a minute less than the recipe says. The residual heat will continue to heat the veggies, so this prevents them from becoming mushy.
- A great side dish supports the textures and flavors of your main, without overpowering them. So, avoid serving sides with lots of cheese, since chicken cordon bleu casserole has a lot of dairy already.
- Remember not to let food sit at room temperature for too long. If you're having a dinner party, take a few minutes to wrap and refrigerate any leftovers to avoid any chance of sickness.
Of course, the best way to ensure your meal is perfect is to start with a good recipe—this is my favorite chicken cordon bleu casserole recipe. It has gooey provolone and Parmigiano (but you could easily use swiss cheese!) with crispy, golden brown bread crumbs on top!
These side dishes also go with...
- Angel Chicken Mac and Cheese
- Baked Garlic Parmesan Chicken
- Cream Cheese Chicken Spaghetti Bake
- Creamy Lemon Chicken
- Slow Cooker Chicken Casserole
What's your favorite side for creamy chicken dishes? Leave a comment and let us know.