Cozy fall weather is definitely in place and it's time for flannel shirts, comfy jeans, and cozy evenings by crackling fires!
I've got plenty of comfort food that's quick and easy so you have more time to enjoy the season!
📅 Food Holidays
We celebrate a couple of fun food holidays this week. They're silly little holidays but it gives us an opportunity to make some memories and have some fun!
- October 23 is Boston Cream Pie Day and what better what to celebrate than with an easy easy dessert?
- October 26 is National Pumpkin Day and there are plenty of things on the blog to choose from. Can I suggest pumpkin pie biscotti?
- October 27 is National Potato Day and y'all know there's nothing better than fried potatoes!
- October 28 is National Chocolate Day, like pumpkin, there's literally tons to choose from. I'm partial to this fudge.
- October 29 is National Oatmeal Day and I'd start it off with Pumpkin Baked Oatmeal!
🫑 What's in Season?
- Winter squash
💭 Tips for success
Here are some tips for this week -
- When you cook the potatoes for soup make enough extra for the fried potatoes for the next night. That way frying will be much quicker!
- Triple the chocolate pudding recipe and save ⅔ for the S'mores pie filling.
- Cook double the noodles for tuna casserole and save half for the meatball stroganoff.
- Use frozen meatballs for the stroganoff.
- Move the days around as you need to. Don't forget there are more meal plans here.
🍹This week's cocktail
French Gin & Tonic
A gin and tonic with just a hint of vanilla bean - my favorite little twist on the classic.
Whether I'm cold, sad, sick, or just hungry this potato soup ALWAYS hits the spot.
Sure, you can buy crackers in the store but when you make them at home they are SO good you might not want to ever again.
Pineapple Upsidedown Cake
This pineapple upsidedown cake has all the flavor you remember - and more!
Baked Crispy Chicken
These juicy chicken tenders come out deliciously crispy every time - and they're so easy because they're made in the oven!
There's just nothing as good as Mom's old fashioned fried potatoes!
Homemade chocolate pudding is quick and easy - so much better than what's in the box.
Beef Tips and Gravy
Fall apart tender beef in a rich gravy? There's nothing like it!
Creamy and cheesy! This easy squash casserole is a delicious side dish that is perfect as long as summer squash lasts!
This chocolate pie is creamy and delicious - tastes just like the s'mores you remember!
Old fashioned tuna casserole is creamy and comforting with a salty, crunch potato chip topping. Takes just 30 minutes.
Southern Green Beans
Tangy southern green beans are delicious!
Cranberry Oatmeal Cookies
Dried cranberries and white chocolate in a chewy oatmeal cookie are the perfect ending to this meal.
This quick and easy meatball stroganoff is a simple dinner the whole family will love. 30 minutes means it's perfect for busy weeknights.
Spicy and sweet, cinnamon apples are a pretty addition to the table.
This easy gingerbread snack cake goes together fast and has spicy old fashioned flavor.
Crockpot Country Ribs
Crock pot country ribs have almost no prep time and they are fall off the bone tender.
Green Beans & Potatoes
A classic country side dish, green beans and potatoes are a simple addition to this meal.
Apple Fried Pies
Make these apple fried pies quickly and easily with this shortcut recipe.
Slow Cooker Chicken Gumbo
Using the slow cooker makes this southern comfort food even easier!
Light as a feather angel biscuits are the perfect way to sop up all that good gravy!
Halloween Rice Krispie Treats
These Halloween Rice Krispie Treats are so cute! Get a headstart on the fun!
📚 Related recipes
Get the Book!
Enjoy 30 quick weeknight dinner recipes!