This easy no bake s'mores pie recipe has a thick, creamy, chocolate filling topped with a marshmallow-y meringue that's browned with a plumber's torch for the perfect toasted marshmallow texture and flavor. You'll love this pie!
This pie is so easy but it looks and tastes like a gourmet show stopper dessert. I saw it in the July issue of Bon Appetit and knew that I was going to make it.
The Bon Appetit version contains coffee but I left that out and added a bit of milk chocolate because I really wanted that real S'mores flavor.
In the spirit of the campfire I also let the meringue get scorched in some areas... Use a kitchen torch for this part - it works great. I use a big blue plumber's torch - it holds a lot of propane and it makes me feel tough. 😀
I have probably mentioned this a hundred times before but... for really good meringues you have to add the sugar very slowly.
Start with a clean bowl and whisk attachment, rinse both of them well with vinegar and use room temperature egg whites. Start adding the sugar when the egg whites are frothy and look like frosted glass.
📞 The last word
August holds the hottest days of the year and it is really easy to just forget about dessert. This no bake s'mores pie will totally change your mind.
You can make it a few days ahead of time but don't do the meringue until right before serving. Take THIS to your next potluck and see what happens.
If you love extra rich chocolate you'll want to make this decadent German chocolate pie next!
Featured on Blogger's Cook BA, Sept 2012
If you click on the number of servings in the recipe card you can adjust the measurements up or down for the exact number of servings you need. Don't forget that you can click on "add to collection" to save it to your own, private recipe box!
If you love this recipe please give it 5 stars! ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
No Bake S’Mores PiePrint Save Saved!
Graham Cracker Crust
- 9 whole graham crackers, , ground to fine crumbs
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons Nutella
- 1 ounce bittersweet chocolate, , melted
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, , melted
- 6 ounces bittersweet chocolate, , finely chopped
- 6 ounces milk chocolate, , finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, , cut into ½" cubes
- 1 ¼ cups heavy cream
- 3 large egg whites
- 1 ½ teaspoon Tahitian Vanilla
- ⅔ cup sugar
I earn a commission from Instacart from qualifying purchases.
Graham Cracker Crust
- Mix graham cracker crumbs and remaining ingredients until well blended. Mixture will be a little crumbly.
- Press the chocolate crumb mixture into the pie dish covering the bottom and sides.
- Chill for at least 30 minutes, or until the crust is firm.
- Heat the cream until bubbles form around the edges.
- Add the chocolate, butter, and vanilla and stir until smooth.
- Pour into the chilled crust.
- Chill about an hour, or until the ganache is set.
- Rinse the bowl and whips of your mixer with vinegar.
- Beat egg whites and vanilla until frothy.
- Slowly add sugar, a tablespoon at a time and beat until no graininess remains.
- Continue to beat the meringue until it is stiff and glossy.
- Spoon the meringue over the ganache and make spikes with the back of a spoon.
- Use a kitchen torch to brown the meringue.
- Serve immediately or chill for up to 8 hours.
- Let stand at room temperature for 15 minutes before serving.
Nutrition information is estimated as a courtesy. If using for medical purposes, please verify information using your own nutritional calculator. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.