Don't you love cooking when the food is easy and tastes so good? Enjoy down home country style dinners like cheesy chicken and rice, perfect pot roast, and shepherd's pie this week!
As always there are tips for saving time and money.
📅 Food Holidays
We celebrate a couple of fun food holidays this week. They're silly little holidays but it gives us an opportunity to make some memories and have some fun!
- October 17 is National Pasta Day and I sure have a lot for you to choose from!
- I wouldn't let October 18th go by without celebrating National Chocolate Cupcake Day because ... any excuse for chocolate cupcakes - am I right?
- October 21 is National Pumpkin Cheesecake Day and I really think that my recipe is ABSOLUTELY the best. Try it and see if you agree. (hint: you will)
Here are some tips for this week -
- If you've got chicken and gravy left shred it and serve it over the angel biscuits for a quick breakfast or lunch.
- Snickerdoodles make GREAT ice cream sandwiches!
- Remember to prep as many of your ingredients at once as you can. Chop all the onions for the week, chop the celery for the week, etc.
- Move the days around as you need to. Don't forget there are more meal plans here.
🍹This week's cocktail
Mexican Hot Chocolate
Enjoy those first chilly nights with this spiked Mexican Hot Chocolate.
Crock Pot Cheesy Chicken & Rice
Creamy and delicious! Crockpot cheesy chicken and rice is hearty comfort food! Budget friendly and picky eater approved!
These southern yeast biscuits are quick to make, like regular biscuits but rise high and light like a roll. Mix up some softened butter with a few teaspoons of honey and a pinch of cinnamon to serve with them. YUM!
Crispy on the edges and chewy in the middles - snickerdoodles are some of my favorite cookies!
This is one of the most popular recipes on Restless Chipotle! Cheesy and gooey, taco spaghetti is made all in one pot.
I love this quick & easy 30 minute baguette!
Boston Cream Poke Cake
You'll need to put this Boston cream poke cake together a day ahead of time but it's SO good!
Perfect Pot Roast
Classic pot roast with carrots and potatoes is old fashioned and full of flavor. You'll be using the leftovers in shepherds pie in a few days.
Creamy and cheesy! This easy squash casserole is a delicious side dish that is perfect as long as summer squash lasts!
Peanut Butter Pie
Salty pretzel crust, then layers of chocolate, caramel, and fluffy peanut butter mousse - this peanut butter pie is amazing!
Tavern Style Mac & Cheese
Crispy topping, gooey and cheesy mac & cheese! Macaroni and cheese is made with beer for a unique dinner that's fabulous!
Southern Green Beans
Tangy southern green beans are delicious!
Homemade chocolate pudding is quick and easy - so much better than what's in the box.
This is the best shepherd's pie - creamy and delicious!
These tender and cinnamony fried apples are full of fall flavor!
Copycat Cranberry Bliss Bars
Copycat Cranberry Bliss Bars are quick and easy to make plus they freeze well.
My mom called this chili, my cousin calls it cowboy soup - we just call it good!
Garlic Bread Sticks
Soft and garlicky breadsticks are the perfect addition to the table.
Chewy brownies have a swirl of peanut butter and colorful m&m's - so good!
Herb Baked Chicken & Cream Gravy
Herb baked chicken in a rich, cream gravy is perfect for fall!
Creamy and cheesy with a buttery topping - this broccoli casserole is delicious!
Chocolate Shadow Cake
Chocolate Shadow Cake is 3 layers of moist chocolate cake with a chile chocolate filling and ganache drip.