Homemade gifts from the kitchen are appreciated by everyone and quick bread recipes are some of the most popular. Quick breads are fast, easy, and you can make them ahead of time and freeze them.
Wrap them in some parchment or plastic wrap, tie some raffia or ribbon around the center, and you're all set for the holidays!
Table of Contents
- What are quick breads
- Southern peach bread
- Brown sugar banana bread
- Peanut butter banana bread
- 4 Ingredient banana bread
- Sour cream blueberry bread
- Classic cranberry bread
- Pumpkin bread
- Amish apple fritter bread
- Oreo banana bread
- Orange glazed banana nut bread
- Pineapple zucchini bread
- Chocolate cream cheese monkey bread
- More great sweet quick breads
- How to store quick breads
- How to make muffins from quick bread batter
- Tips for success
- Restless Chipotle recommends
- 💬 Comments
What are quick breads
If you only think of quick bread as a last-minute savior for overripe bananas, think again.
Sweet quick bread (banana or otherwise) is a perfect pick-me-up any time of the day. Quick breads make brunch feel special, but they're also so comforting with a cup of tea after dinner.
Plus, quick bread is great to have on hand—or in the freezer—when last-minute guests arrive. It's an impressive way to earn hostess points but takes hardly any effort.
Of course, your guests don't have to know that!
Unlike yeast bread recipes, quick breads use chemical leaveners—the fancy way to say baking soda and baking powder. So, they take much less time.
They're made like an easy cake batter, often using just one bowl.
Here are some of my favorite sweet quick bread recipes. I promise they'll soon become personal favorites in your family, too.
Southern peach bread
You can use fresh or canned peaches in this moist peach bread. Don't you love options? Plus, it's not too sweet, so it's a perfect choice for any Southern breakfast.
Brown sugar banana bread
Buttermilk is the key to this brown sugar banana bread. It keeps the texture super soft and ensures a moist crumb—every time. You haven't had good banana bread 'til you've tried this recipe.
Peanut butter banana bread
Peanut butter banana bread combines two classic flavors into one delicious snack. The best part is the little bit of crunch from the salty peanuts. It's so satisfying!
4 Ingredient banana bread
A perfect snack when you don't have much energy, this banana bread is made from cake mix, so prep is a breeze. It's a great way to enjoy classic bread and use up those brown bananas. Just look at that gorgeous slice shot—yum!
Sour cream blueberry bread
Sour cream blueberry bread comes together in just minutes. It has all the flavor of your favorite muffins but in a delicious and easy loaf form. Plus, it's one of those super easy recipes that the kids can help you make!
Classic cranberry bread
With pecans and orange zest, classic cranberry bread has a deliciously warm flavor that tastes like the holidays. Though it's good any time of the year, this bread will keep in your freezer for three months—the perfect way to get ahead of busy fall and winter prep!
This pumpkin bread is better than any other, thanks to a special blend of spices that really lets the pumpkin flavor shine. The bourbon glaze takes the deliciousness to the next level.
Amish apple fritter bread
Amish apple fritter bread tastes like your favorite bakery treat but doesn't require any fussy frying. Great as a gift, breakfast bread, or after-school snack, apple bread hits the spot on a breezy fall day.
Oreo banana bread
If you're a fan of banana bread, you'll love this sweet treat. Oreo banana bread combines decadent cookies and cream flavor with moist, tender banana goodness. It's a fun recipe that's sure to become a family favorite.
Orange glazed banana nut bread
Orange juice is the key to brightening up an already delicious base recipe. Citrusy orange-glazed banana nut bread is a lovely spin on the classic treat. Plus, you can use this simple recipe to make a homemade bread loaf or muffins, so it's super versatile.
Pineapple zucchini bread
Summery pineapple zucchini bread is moist and tender, with a sweet flavor that tastes perfect any time of the day. We love the addition of pecans and cinnamon for mouthwatering goodness in every single bite.
Chocolate cream cheese monkey bread
When it comes to easy quick bread recipes, you can't go wrong with chocolate cream cheese-filled monkey bread. Tender biscuits are covered with gooey chocolate chips, pecans, and a heavenly praline sauce for a rich treat the whole family will love.
More great sweet quick breads
- It just doesn't get easier than this pumpkin bread with cake mix recipe.
- Amish zucchini bread is a classic recipe with nuts and plenty of zucchini to keep it moist.
- Imagine a thick schmear of butter across still-warm macadamia coconut bread! YUM!
- Cherry bread is SO pretty and festive for the holidays.
- Here's another banana bread, but it was so unique I couldn't leave it off the list. Check out this chocolate maple banana bread.
- Cinnamon roll quick bread is perfect for busy mornings.
- Lemon bread is moist and tangy - perfect for chilly winter mornings.
- If you love snickerdoodles, you've gotta try this snickerdoodle bread!
- Pineapple bread strikes a perfect balance between tart, citrusy flavor, and sweet, tender goodness.
- Cut into a slice of sweet Christmas bread to reveal a festive red and green sprinkled loaf!
- Ice cream bread takes only two ingredients—yes, two—and is a unique, fun, and delicious quick bread recipe.
- Sweet and tangy strawberry rhubarb bread is a tasty spring treat.
- Lemon poppy seed bread is light and moist—a perfect anytime snack.
- Walnut bread with coffee glaze tastes fabulous and feels like a vintage recipe Mom and Grandma used to make.
- Spiced orange cranberry bread hits the spot in the fall and winter.
- Chewy and full of autumn spice, apple cider oatmeal bread is rich and hearty.
- Homemade carrot bread has a great spiced flavor reminiscent of classic carrot cake!
- This banana bread is kicked up a notch in the flavor department thanks to pecans, coconut, and a crumbly streusel on top.
- A classic Southern treat done loaf-style: Hummingbird bread. The decadent cream cheese frosting is literally icing on the cake! So good.
- Maple pecan monkey bread is easy, caramelly, and full of cinnamon sugar goodness. It makes a great brunch treat.
- Sweet potato pecan bread has tons of natural flavor and a subtle sweetness you'll crave.
- Coffee lovers, here's one for you: cappuccino chocolate chip bread.
- We love a good copycat recipe. Starbucks cranberry bliss bread tastes just like the famous coffee shop bars.
- Peanut butter chocolate chip bread is a perfect no-fruit quick bread.
- What is it about chocolate and cherries that tastes so decadent and fancy? Chocolate cherry quick bread is any chocolate lover's dream.
- From-scratch pumpkin gingerbread loaf tastes like all the goodness of fall in an easy, quick bread style.
- Ring in the new year with festive, rich chocolate peppermint bread!
- Kids (and adults) love monster cookie bread. It's loaded with chocolate, peanut butter, M&M candy, salty pretzels, and more. So fun!
- Raspberry muffin bread uses buttermilk for a super fluffy, moist crumb.
- If you like apples, pumpkin, walnuts, and cinnamon, harvest spice bread will make your day!
- Celebrate the holidays with sweet, moist, crumb-topped eggnog bread.
- Almond bread combines the flavor of almond cake with a delicious vanilla glaze. The simple flavors shine in this drool-worthy treat.
- With bananas, pineapple, nuts, and—of course—a few cherries on top, banana split bread is a fun twist on the classic sundae dessert.
- Fresh end-of-summer peaches have never tasted as good as they do in a batch of peach cobbler quick bread.
- Apricot pecan bread is great as is but tastes even better when slightly toasted. Don't forget a generous pat of melty butter.
- This quick apple bread is baked in mini loaf pans, so it only takes 30 minutes from start to finish.
- A great post-holiday brunch treat, use up leftover cranberries and leftover pumpkin in this delicious cranberry pumpkin bread.
- Fruity Pebbles banana bread... need I say more? (Okay, I'll say more. Fun, fruity, rainbow banana bread and delicious cream cheese frosting!)
- Lemon thyme tea bread balances the savory herbal flavor with a buttery, cake-like loaf and a sweet lemon juice glaze.
- Moist and delish, mixed berry banana bread is a fun spin on the classic.
- Make mini or full-sized loaves of yummy sweet potato cinnamon bread featuring walnuts and raisins.
- This vegan cinnamon quick bread is great if you need a no-dairy option.
- Autumn pear bread is sweet, simple, and satisfying. Everyone loves it!
- Craving just a bit of chocolate? This chocolate chip bread will hit the spot but isn't too sweet!
- On the other hand, double chocolate quick bread is rich, dark, and delightful. It's chocolatey goodness through and through.
- Strawberry bread is fruity, sweet, and pretty, pretty pink!
- Award-winning pina colada zucchini bread will transport you to a tropical island—without having to leave the house.
- Rosemary chocolate olive oil bread tastes fancy but isn't hard to make.
- Cinnamon apple pie bread is your favorite fall dessert, reimagined into a perfect anytime snack.
- Around St. Patty's Day, dark chocolate Guinness beer bread is a must.
- 3-ingredient lemon bread is light, fluffy, and takes 5 minutes to prep.
- Rum, pecans, and coconut make Jamaican banana bread a tropical treat you'll love to enjoy.
- White chocolate raspberry bread features a perfect pairing of flavors.
- Slightly sweet but not too sugary, green tomato quick bread is a very unique, cinnamon-spiced delicacy.
- Cinnamon streusel pistachio bread is made with pistachio pudding mix for easy prep and an absolutely delicious, moist flavor.
- Don't head to your local cafe—you can make Starbucks' famous gingerbread loaf at home!
- Fruit cake fan (or not), you'll love this nutty Croatian Bishop's bread.
- Sweet and tangy flavors come together beautifully in blueberry cream cheese bread.
- Healthy eaters: this chocolate banana bread is gluten/dairy/oil-free.
- Tender and sweet, strawberry cornmeal quick bread is a family favorite.
- Coconut lime zucchini bread has fun, summery flavors and is a great way to use up garden-fresh squash.
- Serve ginger and rhubarb bread with a steaming cup of tea—perfection!
- Copycat Trader Joe's pancake bread has a sweet flavor, tender texture, and drool-worthy crumb on top.
- Key lime bread is puckery and sweet like that amazing pie.
- Double orange bread brings a sweet, sunny flavor to any day - even in January!
- I never imagined watermelon quick bread would be a thing but... YUM.
- I'm thinking of this plum loaf with a cup of chai in the middle of winter. Yes please!
How to store quick breads
Always let quick breads cool to room temperature before wrapping and storing.
Store quick breads wrapped in plastic wrap or aluminum foil at room temperature for 2 days at most. After that they tend to mold pretty fast.
You can freeze quick breads for several months. Just let them cool to room temperature then wrap in plastic wrap, then aluminum foil (this guards against freezer burn.
I like to slice the bread up and freeze it with parchment paper or waxed paper between the slices. That way I can just grab one or two slices as needed.
How to make muffins from quick bread batter
Muffins are actually quick breads and the recipes are usually very similar. That makes it easy to adapt a quick bread recipe and make muffins.
Start with a recipe that makes 2 loaves of quick bread. This should give you 12 large muffins.
- Mix according to the recipe instructions - no changes in the ingredients or mixing steps.
- Spray muffin tins with no-stick cooking spray or use cupcake paper liners.
- Bake at 375F for 20-25 minutes or until done.
It's just that easy!
Tips for success
- Line your pan with parchment paper, but leave some hanging over the edges. Use the paper to lift your bread out of the pan after it cools.
- On that note, always spray your loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray, no matter if you also use parchment paper or not.
- Check for doneness with a toothpick in the center of the loaf—it should come out clean. Wet batter means it needs more baking time!
- You can also temperature-check the center of the bread with an instant-read thermometer. It will read about 200F when finished.
- For a cleaner, easier cut, always let your quick bread cool down before slicing in.
- Most quick breads are best stored at room temperature—except those covered with a cream cheese glaze or frosting.
- Generally, you can freeze bread (slices or loaves) for three months.
Restless Chipotle recommends
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Mini loaf pans are the perfect size for gift giving.
Or make the mini loaves extra special with the Nordic Ware specialty mini loaf pans.
What's your favorite quick bread? Leave a comment and let us know.