50 Best Cupcake Recipes on the Internet

Best cupcake recipes on the Internet? Here are 50 of them for you try, from chocolate to vanilla and everything in between.

I am always looking for the best cupcake I can find. I search on the Internet, in cookbooks, and magazines. These little bites of sweet cake and creamy frosting are addictive! Still, as soon as I find something I love I am off to look for more.

50 best cupcake recipes on the internet|restlesschipotle.com

Three years ago I wrote a blog post that made it to the first page of Digg in less than 24 hours. It was phenomenal and continues to be my post with the most traffic to this day… The name?  50 Best Cookie Recipes on the Internet.I have been thinking of this post for a long time. The best cupcake recipes the Internet has to offer at your fingertips. These are the ones that made the best cupcake list for me. The most unique, the most delicious, and the most wonderful I could find. If you like this post consider submitting it to Stumble or Digg. Thanks.

School is starting in many areas. To me cupcakes are the perfect treat to pack in school lunches.

Why?

Cupcakes are small and yet very popular with the back to school crowd. They show up at almost every classroom party or event. It’s just sort of the cupcake time of year.  Look at the amazing variety of flavors and textures represented here! Cupcakes are quick and easy plus they are easy to transport if you have a cupcake carrier.

Experiment by changing the frosting flavors to come up with your own unique variations. Most of all….have a good time with them!

The 50 Best Cupcake Recipes on the Internet

42. Caramel
  43. White Chocolate Raspberry
  44. Classic Red Velvet
  45. Bananas Foster
  46. Strawberry Cream Cheese
  47. Irish Cream  with Coffee Frosting
  48. Copycat Twinkies Cupcakes (with spongecake, from scratch)
  49. Caramel Macchiato
  50. Cream Soda

It’s an amazing list of cupcake recipes, isn’t it? Which are you going to try first?

Around the Internet…

Comments

1. Lana P. says

This is an amazing list, Marye, thank you :)
    I wasn’t thinking about even trying to make any cupcakes, but after visiting my favourite local place – and trying the owner’s chocolate cupcakes which were so delicious, I’ve decided to be more like her (and you) and learn something new. In this case it’s learning to prepare some cupcakes. At first I was sceptic, if I can do it, but my family encouraged me, and I started to search some recipes online.

Thank you again very much for this list, I’m looking forward to make those Caramel Macchiato ones! :)

2. Miranda says

Really would love to see one of your recipes but it says I have to be invited first. If you could please help me out.

3. Natalie says

I’m trying to find a great recipe to make with my friend tomorrow and I can’t choose just one!!!!! They all sound delish!

4. Anuradha Shastry says

Literally stumbled on this! Going to try each of these. Thanks so much for putting this up. Sharing this now :)
    Happy Holidays!!

5. Alex says

I have to say I made the strawberry cream cheese cupcakes and they were amazing came out moist and the frosting was delicious! Thank you for posting these cupcakes because I know I will be trying them all!

6. Eunice says

Irish car bomb cupcakes??? Hugely offensive when in fact they are chocolate whiskey and beer cup cakes. Why the name change??

• marye says

Well Eunice, sorry you are offended. I did not name them. When I linked to the post the name was, in fact, Irish Car Bomb cupcakes. It isn’t my post so I don’t know exactly why the title was changed. However, they are delicious whatever the name…

7. says

Thank you so much for including my dulce de leche cupcakes on your list. I’ve had quite a bit of traffic from this post over the past couple years and I appreciate being among such great company!

• marye says

I am glad it has brought you traffic! It was an awesome looking recipe – although I have to admit it is still on my list of to try!

8. martha says

I made lucky # 13 and took to work for a co-workers birthday. These are the best cupcakes I have ever made. I made them exactly as stated. They were out of this world yummy. I received lots of great compliments. The cheesecake “topping” fell to the bottom when I baked them and were hardly visible. But the taste was awesome. This will be a recipe I repeat often. Thanks for sharing!

9. Lina says

Since I’m clearly in a snippy mood today (blaming the cold yet again) I’d also point out that the Bomb Pop Cupcakes (#22) are actually made from a mix despite the author’s assertion that “there is no need to open a box to make a cake.” There. Bitching done I can now say that so many of these do look amazing and creative and that I especially can’t wait to try the Chunky Hubby Cupcakes (#4).

10. Lina says

Man, I wish that stupid peach cupcake (#41) had identified itself as vegan *before* I printed out the recipe and started to make it. Normally I’d be more thorough and prepared for a recipe but because I’m sick and only had the time/energy to make one batch of cupcakes last night I didn’t realize until it was too late. As a result I’m left with kind of bland cupcakes with a muffin-like texture that no one in my house wants to eat. Not sure why that one’s on the list at all other than that it seems like a good recipe in theory. Not knocking any vegans out there but I personally could never adopt a lifestyle that forces me to omit certain foods from my diet. Baked goods just aren’t the same without butter and eggs.

11. says

AHhhhh…thanks so much for picking my Strawberry Lemonade Cupcakes for your list. They are one of my favorites too and I was just thinking I should make some this week!

Sending much cupcake love!

Michelle

12. CDenise says

Which cupcake on this list is the one featured in the photo at the top of the page? It looks amazing and I would like to try it. Thank you!