These French vanilla cupcakes are full of deep vanilla flavor. They are delicious on their own but make a great base for your own tweaks and changes.
We were going to a potluck at church and supposed to bring food. I don’t know why this always stresses me out but it does. I mean, what food? What will everyone want? What will work? What if I make something and it turns out disgusting?
It was especially difficult Saturday because I worked until 3 and then still had no idea what I was making. Time frame? We were leaving the house at 5. Uh oh. Ya know what? Food Network to the rescue. After numerous viewings of Cupcake Wars I realized that I could easily put together 24 cupcakes in 2 hours.
If I hurried.
These French Vanilla cupcakes are moist and very, very vanilla. Not boring, kiss-your-sister vanilla but seductive, exotic, fabulous vanilla. Deep, velvety, luscious vanilla.
If these are still not what you are looking for you’re sure to find one on my 50 Best Cupcakes on the Internet post.
French Vanilla Cupcake Recipe
French Vanilla CupcakesPrint Add to Collection Go to Collections
- 1 cup unsalted butter, , room temperature
- 2 cups of vanilla sugar
- 2 large eggs, , room temperature
- 2 egg yolks, , room temperature
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- 1 cup of buttermilk, , room temp
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
- 1 1- inch piece of vanilla bean
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Heat the buttermilk until it just simmers.
- Remove from heat and add the vanilla pod.
- Set aside.
- Beat butter and sugar on high until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs and egg yolks one at a time, beat thoroughly after each addition.
- Blend flour, baking powder, salt and baking soda, in a bowl.
- Cut open vanilla pod and scrape out seeds into the buttermilk. (You can dry the pod and use it to make vanilla sugar)
- Add vanilla to buttermilk
- Add 1/3 of the flour mixture to the butter mixture and beat on low until mixed.
- Add 1/2 the buttermilk.
- Continue to alternate the flour and buttermilk, ending with the flour.
- Scoop into cupcake papers about 3/4 full. Bake for 18-20 minutes.
- Cool and frost with desired buttercream