Best cupcake recipes on the Internet? Here are 50 of them for you try, from chocolate to vanilla and everything in between. In fact, I’ve added to this page over the years and there are now way more than 50 recipes for cupcakes of all kinds.
I am always looking for the best cupcake I can find. The most creative cupcake I can find. Cupcakes with unique flavors. I search on the Internet, in cookbooks, and magazines. These little bites of sweet cake and creamy frosting are addictive! Still, as soon as I find something I love I am off to look for more. There’s just something about them. Maybe it’s because they are cute? Maybe because they are single serving? Maybe because you can make them a lot of different ways? Updated from the 2007, 2010, and 2015 versions!
If you are in a hurry click here to go straight to the 50 best cupcake recipes list. Be sure to scroll back and read though, or you’ll miss all the great tips!
Maybe all of the above?
Over three years ago I wrote a blog post that made it to the first page of Digg in less than 24 hours. It was phenomenal and continues to be my post with the most traffic to this day… The name? 50 Best Cookie Recipes on the Internet.I have been thinking of this post for a long time. The best cupcake recipes the Internet has to offer at your fingertips. These are the ones that made the best cupcake list for me. The most unique, the most delicious, and the most wonderful I could find. If you like this post consider submitting it to Stumble or Digg as well as sharing on social media. Thanks.
Cupcakes Are Perfect for Transporting in a School or Work Lunch
School is starting in many areas. To me cupcakes are the perfect treat to pack in school lunches.
Cupcakes are small and yet very popular with the back to school crowd. They show up at almost every classroom party or event. It’s just sort of the cupcake time of year. Look at the amazing variety of flavors and textures represented here! Cupcakes are quick and easy plus they are easy to transport if you have a cupcake carrier.
Experiment by changing the frosting flavors to come up with your own unique variations. Use different fillings. Add nuts or chocolate chips. Most of all….have a good time with them!
Tips for Perfect Cupcakes Every Time
Cupcakes shown from left to right – Top: Pink Velvet, Black Forest, Oatmeal Carmelita
Bottom: Rolo Filled Chocolate Cupcakes, Peaches and Cream, French Vanilla
- Use real ingredients. Real butter, real vanilla, real fruit… you get the idea. Real flavors will make your cupcakes taste REAL good. (See what I did there?)
- All ingredients should be at room temperature. This ensures that they will mix smoothly and easily so your cupcake batter is just right.
- Use large eggs. Most recipes are made with these and smaller eggs may leave your cupcakes dry.
- Don’t over mix. When you over mix your batter it develops the gluten — which is great for bread but not for cake! Gluten will make your cake tough and dry. Plus, when you over-mix you break air bubbles. Air bubbles are what keep baked products light. Don’t break the air bubbles!
- Use a scoop so each cupcake is exactly the same size. That way they will bake all the way through all at the same time.
- Fill pans 2/3 of the way full. This will make them rounded when baked.
- Make sure your oven heats to the right temperature. Some ovens become a couple of degrees off one way or another over time. It’s a good idea to have an oven thermometer and check temperatures often.
- Bake immediately. As they sit the baking powder to lose effectiveness and the air bubbles to deflate. You know that that means, right? Yep. Cupcakes that don’t rise and are tough.
- Put pans in the center of the oven and don’t open the door until it’s almost time for them to be done. This ensures that they will bake evenly.
- Experiment then make a list of the best cupcake recipes in your opinion. Use these as the foundation of your own variations.
Ready? Deep breath…. here we go. Hey, before you get overwhelmed be sure to click here to pin for later!
The 50 Best Cupcake Recipes on the Internet
- Chocolate Cream Filled Vanilla with Vanilla Bean Frosting
- Chocolate Whiskey and Beer
- Mocha with Espresso Buttercream
- Chipotle Cinnamon Chocolate
- Devil’s Food
- Turtle Brownie Cupcakes
- Death by Chocolate
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough
- Chocolate Rolo with Praline Frosting
- Gingerbread Hostess Copycat
- Carrot with Maple Cream Cheese Frosting
- Orange Clove
- Chai Latte
- Pumpkin with Cream Cheese Frosting
Cupcake with Fruit Recipes
- Lemon Cupcakes
- Apple Pie
- Caramel Apple
- Easy Black Forest Cupcakes
- Strawberry Cream Cheese
- Strawberry Lemonade
- Bananas Foster
- Browned Butter Banana Rum
- Hummingbird Cupcakes
- Lemon Meringue
- Lychee Rose
- Orange Creamsicle
- Peaches and Cream
- White Chocolate Raspberry
- Vanilla Bean Fig
Various Velvet Cupcakes
- Classic Red Velvet
- Red Velvet and Cheesecake Marbled
- Black Velvet with Orange Filling
- Pink Velvet
- Green Velvet
- Blue Velvet
- White Velvet
Best Cupcake Recipes for Holidays and Celebrations
- EggNog Latte
- Cranberry Bliss
- Vanilla Candy Cane
- Santa’s Hat
- Christmas Lights
- Raspberry Champagne
- High Hat
Unique Cupcake Flavors
- Chubby Hubby
- Root Beer Float
- Malted Milk
- Bomb Pop
- Dulce de Leche
- Earl Grey with Lemon Buttercream
- Irish Cream with Coffee Frosting
- Cherry Coke Float
Coconut Cupcake Recipes
Not So Plain Vanilla Cupcakes
- French Vanilla
- Copycat Twinkies Cupcakes (with spongecake, from scratch)
- Black Bottom
- Caramel Macchiato
- Cream Soda
It’s an amazing list of cupcake recipes, isn’t it? Which are you going to try first?
Helpful to Have for Cupcake Making
The following are affiliate links. When you click through and buy something I get a small commission that helps keep the blog up and running. It doesn’t affect your cost in any way. Thank you for being a part of Restless Chipotle!
Cupcakes are an easily transportable dessert and even more so with a good cupcake carrier. This one holds two dozen cupcakes securely.
Baking cups are one way to make your cupcakes prettier and more unique. These cute polka dot cupcake liners give cupcakes a retro look I think.
Wilton 415-2286 300 Count Polka Dots Standard Baking Cups
Remember I said that to make the best cupcakes it’s important to keep the size consistent by making sure each cupcake is made from the exact same amount of batter? Well these scoops from Wilton make it easier than ever.
Wilton 2103-1112 Scoop-It Batter Spoons, Set of 3
This post included in Meal Plan Monday #78