Meyer Lemon Bundt cake is light, fresh, tangy and just right for Spring. I know it's not Spring yet, and lots of you probably have snow, slush, or something in-between but really...It's coming.
I love my cake stand! It was a gift from my husband. It was a "no special reason" gift which, as you know, are the best of all. There's a cake server that goes with it. You'll be seeing a lot of images with this dish in future posts! If you love it as much as I do you can get it at Victorian Trading Company.
Meyer lemons are ending the season right now. It's about the only time of year that you can get them. While you can use regular lemons in place of a Meyer lemon there is a difference in flavor. The Meyer lemon is milder, sweeter, and has more depth. It is larger and more orangey than a regular lemon. They cost a bit more but are really worth it. If you can't find them go with regular lemons. Sometimes I add just a touch of orange juice to regular lemon juice to emulate the Meyer. It isn't perfect but it works.
We have been working like crazy on the house over the past two years. First it was a new kitchen, then a deck, then a flagstone path and an arbor to the kitchen, a new roof... it just goes on and on when you have a big, old house! This year I think we are going to try vegetable gardening again. It has been years! I just work too much to be able to take care of much else so we'll see. I am hopeful.
I bought the seeds yesterday. I got several types of heirloom tomatoes, cucumber, herbs, green beans... I can't wait for the beds to be made so I can plant. AND my bulbs that I planted in the side garden last Fall are coming up, too!
I am hoping for a fairytale cottage but I don't know if I will get there. Between Houzz and Pinterest I have seen so many ideas I love that I've overwhelmed myself and I don't know what I want. :/
We hit the 80s yesterday and so it was definitely a top down kind of day. I had a few errands to run and it was just really nice to feel the warmth and know that winter is almost over.
Make this Meyer Lemon Bundt cake and give yourself a little taste of Springtime. It would be great on the table for Easter or Mother's Day!
Meyer Lemon Bundt Cake with PistachiosPrint Add to Collection Go to Collections
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger, , optional
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 - 3 Meyer lemons, , zested and juiced (you should have between 1/4 and 1/3 cup)
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 cup unsalted butter, , at room temperature
- 4 eggs, , at room temperature
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- ½ cup finely chopped pistachios, , optional
- 1 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 1 tablespoons Meyer lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons Meyer lemon zest
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Grease a 12 cup Bundt pan or spray with cooking spray.
- Whisk the flour, baking powder, salt, ginger, and baking soda together.
- In the mixing bowl of a stand mixer cream the butter until fluffy.
- Add the sugar and lemon zest and beat for 3 minutes on medium speed.
- Mix in the lemon juice.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each.
- Alternate adding the flour mixture and the buttermilk to the butter mixture, beginning and ending with flour.
- Beat just until combined – do not over beat.
- Fold in the pistachios if you are using them.
- Spoon the batter into the Bundt pan.
- Bake for 45 to 50 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted halfway between the edge and the center tube comes out clean.
- Let the cake cool for 10 minutes.
- Turn out and drizzle on the glaze while the cake is warm.
- Allow the cake to cool completely.
- Mix the confectioners with the lemon juice and zest until it is smooth.
- Spoon onto the cake.
- If you like your glaze less tangy add a teaspoon of melted butter. You may need to use a little more confectioners to thicken it up.
Sign up for the emails and never miss another recipe!!We'll never share your email or send you spam. Pinkie swear.
If you liked this Meyer Lemon Bundt cake you might also like:
Pink Lemonade Bundt Cake Allrecipes
Dulce de Leche Bundt Cake Magnolia Days
"Scratch" Kahlua Cake RestlessChipotle
Sweet Corn Pound Cake with Honey Whipped Cream Restless Chipotle