This week's meal plan includes a couple of one pot meals to keep things easy! Don't forget to read through the tips for ideas on how you can save time and money.
📅 Food Holidays
We celebrate a couple of fun food holidays this week. They're silly little holidays but it gives us an opportunity to make some memories and have some fun!
- National German Chocolate Cake Day on June 11 - but we're making a pie!
- National Peanut Butter Cookie Day on June 12.
- Cupcake Lover's Day on June 13.
💭 Things to know
- Cook extra ground beef on Friday to use on Saturday. When you plan ahead it saves you all kinds of time.
- Make extra baguettes to use as sandwich rolls for the steak sandwiches.
- Leftover baguette? It makes delicious French Toast!
- I like to hide a dozen or so of the peanut butter cookies in the freezer and then use them to make peanut butter and chocolate ice cream sandwiches with the ice cream from Wednesday.
- Cook extra green beans when you make the salad so that you can use them in the southern green beans recipe and save even more time.
- Save a couple of the brownies to use in the fudge brownie ice cream.
- Make sure you make enough pot roast so you have leftovers for the steak sandwiches.
- Leftover cheese biscuits are so good for sausage biscuit breakfasts!
🍹This week's cocktail
Spiked Arnold Palmer
This week's cocktail is a spiked Arnold Palmer - lemonade, sweet tea and plenty of vodka!
Taco Skillet Dinner
This taco skillet dinner is done in one pan and it's quick, easy, and family friendly! Just add a crispy salad. Make extra ground beef for tomorrow's dinner.
Buttermilk cornbread, warm from the oven, and slathered in melty butter and gooey honey is almost a dessert!
German Chocolate Pie
It may be National German Chocolate Cake Day but this easy, no bake German Chocolate Pie is even better than the cake!
Philly Cheesesteak Pasta
All of the flavor of the sandwich in an easy one pot pasta recipe! Philly cheesesteak pasta is quick & easy - especially when you use the meat you cooked last night! Just add a salad to round out the meal.
30 Minute Baguette
It's hard to believe but these quick, easy baguettes are done, start to finish, in about 30 minutes. It may take you longer the first time or two.
Peanut Butter Cookies
I love love love old fashioned peanut butter cookies! These are crispy on the edges and chewy in the middles - just the way I like them!
Garlic Parm Chicken
Garlic Parmesan Chicken comes out tender and juicy with lots of flavor. It's a favorite around here.
Green Bean Salad
Green bean salad is marinated in a zesty Italian dressing and is the perfect accompaniment to the chicken! Make it a day ahead for best flavor.
It's National Cupcake Lover's Day! Pick your favorite from this list of over 65 different cupcake recipes!
If you love the bourbon chicken from the food court at the mall (and I do!) this recipe is for you! Sweet, sticky, and perfect over rice or noodles.
Fried cabbage is one of our favorites! It's slow braised with onions and bacon the old fashioned way to bring out all the flavor!
This is my favorite brownie recipe! Chewy, gooey, and full of pecans - it's chocolate overload in every bite.
Make extra to use for tomorrow's dessert.
I love an all in one meal! This pot roast is slow cooked with carrots and potatoes so dinner is ready when you get home! Make extra pot roast for tomorrow's meal.
Cheddar Cheese Biscuits
Light, tender, butter, and flaky! Cheddar cheese biscuits are the perfect side to this meal!
White Texas Sheet Cake
Strawberry Sheet Cake is absolutely delish and it goes together fast!
Use the leftover pot roast from yesterday to make these hearty Texas Steak Sandwiches.
Tex-Mex Pasta Salad
One of my favorites! Use fun shaped pasta (I used Texas shape - because why not?) to keep this yummy side dish fun! Make extra pasta to use in the pulled pork mac & cheese.
Fudge Brownie Ice Cream
Use the leftover brownies to crumble into this chocolaty Fudge Brownie Ice Cream. No ice cream maker? Soften a half gallon of chocolate ice cream from the store, stir the brownie pieces in and refreeze!
Mac & Cheese with Pulled Pork
Save time by buying pulled pork from the deli section of the store that's all ready made! Pulled Pork Mac & Cheese is so good!
Southern Green Beans
Tangy, smothered green beans are a delicious side dish to the mac and cheese.
Peach Cobbler Dump Cake
The prep time on this peach cobbler dump cake is almost nothing! Lots of old fashioned peach cobbler flavor but it's SO. MUCH. EASIER!
Leave a Reply