Back to school. Piano lessons. Karate practice. Soccer practice... It's the busiest time of year! Make it easy with these great dinner ideas!
📅 Food Holidays
- August 27 National Pots de Creme Day. Have you ever made this rich treat? Give it a try!
💭 Things to know
- Make enough pot roast for leftovers - you'll need it for the Shepherd's Pie.
- Save time by buying the mashed potatoes for the shepherd's pie all ready made from the deli section.
- Clover leaf rolls freeze like a charm. Make extra every time you make them and freeze for use during the holidays when things get crazy!
- Leftover Ranch Chicken? Spoon it into a casserole dish, top with biscuit dough, and bake at 375 for 20 minutes for an easy chicken pot pie.
- Freeze any leftover cornbread every time you make it. When Thanksgiving rolls around you'll have what you need for the dressing.
- When it comes to back to school breakfasts consider quick breads. You can make them on the weekends, slice them, and freeze with wax paper between the slices. They'll thaw in minutes and be ready to go.
🍹This week's cocktail
Apple Cider Sangria
If you're in the mood for fall flavors this apple cider sangria will hit the spot!
Air Fryer BBQ Chicken Thighs
It doesn't get easier than this! Air fryer boneless chicken thighs are grilled to juicy perfection with a coating of sticky bbq sauce.
Southern Cucumber Salad
This refreshing southern cucumber salad is perfect for the last dog days of summer.
M & M's Cookies
Big, chewy m & m's cookies with crispy edges are irresistible!
Cowboy Casserole is made with ground beef, tater tots, and everything else your kids love! It's SO good!
Fried Cabbage & Bacon
This is a classic! Fried cabbage and bacon is so good - you can even make it into a main dish by slicing in some smoked sausage.
Boston Cream Poke Cake
Tender cake with pockets of vanilla pudding and a shiny ganache topping is so good! Boston Cream Poke cake has all the flavor of the old fashioned dessert without all the work.
This perfect pot roast is so full of old fashioned goodness! It's got every thing from potatoes to carrots! Make extra because you'll want leftovers for Tuesday's meal!
Clover Leaf Rolls
These easy clover leaf dinner rolls are old fashioned buttery goodness! They rise high and light - soft and fluffy. Freeze leftovers for another time!
Double Layer Pumpkin Pie
Easy no bake pumpkin pie has two layers for even more delicious flavor! Use a storebought crust or make your own crumb crust.
Texas 2-Step Chicken
It doesn't get a lot easier than this Texas 2-Step Salsa Chicken made with picante sauce! You can assemble it up to 2 days ahead of time and bake when ready. Serve with rice.
Frito Corn Salad
Salty, crunchy, crispy... Frito corn salad is the perfect side to the tangy chicken recipe!
Peach Blueberry Cobbler
Bake this old fashioned peach blueberry cobbler right in an iron skillet.
Easy, Crock Pot Ranch chicken is a one pot dish. Chicken breast cooks in a luscious gravy with potatoes and carrots.
Super light, rich dinner rolls recipe can be made ahead of time. Keep a batch in your freezer!
Pumpkin Bundt Cake
Pumpkin spice bundt cake is moist and full of big pumpkin flavor. The bourbon glaze really sets it off.
This sumptuous shepherd's Pie is made with leftover pot roast from earlier in the week. It's your favorite comfort food made extra delicious!
Serve with a salad.
Cornbread goes with everything! This recipe is my favorite. If you like it sweet sneak in a tablespoon or so of sugar.
Pig Pickin' Cake
Quick and easy pig pickin' cake is always a family favorite!!
Mom's Potato Soup
My mom's potato soup was the best! Creamy and comforting, this easy soup recipe is the perfect way to thaw out on a cold day!
Light and fluffy, these classic southern buttermilk biscuits are my favorite side to serve with the potato soup.
Blackberry cobbler just tastes like summer! This is especially good because there's just a splash of merlot for extra depth of flavor.
📚 Related recipes
Enjoy 30 quick weeknight dinner recipes!
Leave a Reply