Raise your hand if you love crockpot chicken recipes! Your dinner simmers all day and the house just smells GOOD.
To me, it's like walking into Grandma's for a big Sunday meal.
❤️ Why you'll love these recipes
These easy chicken recipes give you tender, fall-apart meat with very little work required. Whether you're home or away all day, the slow cooker has your supper ready when you are.
If you are looking for the best way to feed a crowd on game day, for tailgating, or even family movie night these crockpot recipes have your back.
More slow cooker recipes to love!
💭 Tips for success
Expert Tip: Save time and money by buying a big bag of boneless chicken breasts or thighs at Costco (or Sams, or...). Thaw overnight in the fridge if frozen. Dump them all into the slow cooker with about ⅓ cup stock, a couple of carrots, an onion cut in half, and 3 celery stalks. Don't forget the salt and pepper! Cook on low for 6 to 8 hours, remove vegetables, and shred the chicken. You'll have cooked chicken for casseroles, tacos, sandwiches, and more!
- Spray the inside of the slow cooker with no-stick cooking spray to make clean up super easy!
- Preheat the slow cooker when you are going to be putting hot foods into it - such as when you sear the chicken, or add a hot broth. It keeps the crock from cracking AND it helps it cook faster.
- Boneless chicken thighs will be juicier and more tender than boneless chicken breast in the slow cooker.
👩🏻🍳 Frequently asked questions
Here are the most commonly asked questions about this recipe. If you don't find the answer to yours here leave a comment below or email me - I'll get back to you as soon as I can!
Yes, the slow cooker keeps it cooking at safe temperatures.
Always cook boneless chicken on low, if possible. Cooking on high dries it out and toughens the meat. Bone in chicken handles high heat than boneless but still is more tender when you stick to low heat.
Technically you can as long as you make sure that the temperature is 165F before you serve it. Be careful though - I've had frozen chicken crack the crock and I've had a huge mess to clean up (we ended up with pizza for dinner.).
Fiesta chicken is the perfect game day dish! Use it over rice or spoon it over tortilla chips to make can't-eat-just-one nachos for a crowd. It's so easy for busy weeknights, too.
Tequila Lime Chicken
Cooking low and slow means that all the flavors have time to reach their peak of deliciousness in this smoky tequila lime chicken - perfect for tacos for a crowd!
Creamy White Chicken Chili
Chicken & Sausage Gumbo
Authentic Louisiana chicken & sausage gumbo has all that delicious Cajun flavor you love but it's so much easier when you make it in the crockpot!
Pozole Verde just means green chicken in Spanish - a brothy soup filled with Mexican flavor! The slow cooker coaxes every bit of flavor from the ingredients and the chicken melts in your mouth.
📚 Related recipes
- 31 Easy Slow Cooker Meals Updated for 2021! 31 easy recipes for everything from dinner to dessert.
- Use that tequila lime chicken to make these easy empanadas for your Super Bowl party.
- Creamy slow cooker ranch chicken is a one pot meal.
- Be sure to check out our meal plans for more inspiration from Restless Chipotle!