Here’s the perfect margarita recipe for St. Patrick’s Day! Fruity and sweet, this green cocktail will win you over with its emerald green color and gold sugar rim. Forget the green beer!
For this recipe you’ll need: reposado tequila, Irish whiskey, blue curaca0, peach schnapps, Aperol, pineapple juice, lime juice, shaved ice, and a lime.Jump to Recipe
Nearly everyone is a little Irish on St. Patrick’s Day! It’s a fun little holiday that probably gets the most of its American attention because it’s an excuse to drink. Not sure how that works considering St. Patrick is a saint and all but I’m willing to go along with it. I’m guessing St Patrick’s day is one of the main reasons many people don’t give up alcohol for Lent.
You know, being from Texas and all, a margarita recipe tends to be my first go to when I want to mix up some kind of cocktail. I think they are versatile and can work well will many flavors but even I was skeptical when I was mapping out this recipe in my mind. I just wasn’t sure that Irish whiskey and Mexican tequila were going to play nice together.
Thankfully they did and the result is this – SO fruity good! I decided to use gold sugar crystals around the rim as a nod to any leprechauns that might be lurking around . I need all the good luck I can get.
So, if you’re into tropical flavored cocktails you’ll love this. The pineapple gives a nice softness to the tequila and whiskey and blends in with the coconutty curacao and the peach. Aperol can be bitter but all of the sweetness from the juice keeps this cocktail well balanced and delicious.
The following are affiliate links. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Margarita glasses are so pretty! They’ve even got a green tint.
Irish Margarita Cocktail Recipe
Irish Margarita Recipe
- 4 ounces reposado tequila
- 2 ounces blue curacao
- 2 ounces peach schnapps
- 1 ounce Irish whiskey
- 1 ounce Aperol
- 1 ounce lime juice
- 8-12 ounces pineapple juice depends on personal taste
- 2 rounds lime for garnish
- Gold sugar crystals for rim
- Corn syrup for rim
- 1 cup shaved ice Blend 2 cups ice in the blender until it's like snow
- Carefully spread corn syrup on the rims of 2 margarita glasses
- Pour the gold sugar crystals out on a plate.
- Run the rims of the glasses through the sugar crystals to coat.
- Use a big cookie scoop add a rounded scoop of ice to each of the glasses.
- Add the tequila, curacao, schnapps, whiskey, Aperol, and juices to a shaker filled with ice.
- Shake for a few seconds.
- Pour half into each glass.
- Garnish with a round of lime.
If you liked this margarita cocktail you might also like…
From left to right: Pumpkin Spice Daiquiri, Bourbon Peach Tea, Clementine Kentucky Mule
This recipe is part of Meal Plan Monday