Bubbly, sweet, and a little smoky - like all redheads this one packs a punch. It's one of my favorite Jameson drinks! Find more cocktails here.
This recipe is meant for people over 21 years old. Please drink responsibly.
I've been told the Jameson Irish Redhead Cocktail is kind of a girly way to drink Irish whiskey... but it sure is delicious.
This is an easy list!
- Jameson Irish Whiskey
- Sprite or other lemon lime soda
- Lemons and limes for garnish - or blood orange if it's in season. I like the flavor (and drama) it adds.
Some people prefer ginger ale to the Sprite. You can try it and see what you think.
If you don't like sweet drinks you can use club soda in place of the Sprite.
💭 Things to know
While you might be able to get away with cheap rum or vodka whiskey is one of those things that you need to buy quality.
Get the best you can afford because it really does make a difference. Good, really good, Irish whiskey has a smooth, velvety texture and a mellow, sweet flavor.
Bad whiskey tastes rough and burns going down.
Be sure to use real grenadine, not the fake red stuff that is called grenadine sometimes. It should contain sugar and pomegranate - and that's about it.
Serve it with a cherry and a slice of lime in an on the rocks glass. Or get some blood oranges - they look black on the inside and the flavor is very orange-y and sweet.
📚 Related recipes
If you're looking for great drinks I've got you covered. We all need more whiskey shots in our life, right?
- Irish Margarita is bright emerald with a sweet tropical flavor and a gold sugar rim. Made with Jameson Irish Whiskey - it's perfect for St Patrick's Day!
- Bailey's Irish Temper is one of my favorites. When it's blustery outside all you need is the Hallmark channel, a roaring fire, and a cup of this steaming coffee cocktail, as far as I'm concerned.
- IRA Whiskey Shot is a creamy, layered shooter made with Bailey's, Kahlua, and Jameson whisky. It's a delicious addition to your St. Patrick's Day or Irish themed party!
You'll find plenty more St Patrick's Day Recipes here.
📞 The last word
If you click on the number of servings in the recipe card you can adjust the measurements up or down for the exact number of servings you need. Don't forget that you can click on "add to collection" to save it to your own, private recipe box!
If you love this recipe please give it 5 stars! ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Jameson Irish Redhead CocktailPrint Pin Recipe Save Go to Collections
- 3 ounces Irish Whiskey
- 1 ounce grenadine
- 6 ounces Sprite
- 1 Lemon wedge, Just a squeeze
- 1 Lime wedge, Just a squeeze
- Blood Oranges, optional. Squeeze a little in and garnish.
I earn a commission from Instacart from qualifying purchases.
- Mix the whiskey, grenadine, lemon juice, and lime juice.
- Shake in a cocktail shaker.
- Pour into an on the rocks glass filled with ice.
- Add the Sprite to fill.
- Drop in the cherry, lime, and lemon slices and serve. Or use blood orange.
- While you might be able to get away with cheap rum or vodka whiskey is one of those things that you need to buy quality. Get the best you can afford because it really does make a difference. Good, really good, whiskey has a smooth, velvety texture and a mellow, sweet flavor. Bad whiskey tastes rough and burns going down.
- Be sure to use real grenadine, not the fake red stuff that is called grenadine sometimes. It should contain sugar and pomegranate.
- Serve it with a cherry and a slice of lime in an on the rocks glass. Or get some blood oranges - they look black on the inside and the flavor is very orange-y and sweet.
Sign up for the emails and never miss another recipe!!We'll never share your email or send you spam. Pinkie swear.
First published March 2015. Last updated January 11, 2023 to add structure .
This looks like another great one!! I love all these Irish cocktails.
Sounds delicious! I am ready for Spring weather too. But a whiskey cocktail sure is a good way to warm up when it's cold. 🙂
Can I make this as a punch?
Also' in the instruc9you say mix lemon and lime juice but there arent any in the ingredients. How much lemon and lime juice is needed?
Yes you can - you'll need to increase the number of servings to 12. You need just a squeeze of the lemon and lime - for punch I'd say 12 tablespoons of each.