These pretty, litt cakes are perfect for any glittery special occasion from bridal showers to New Years' Eve parties!
Table of Contents
❤️ Why you'll love it
Pink Velvet cupcakes are so 2012, you know?
This Rose Gold Velvet cupcakes recipe is unique in flavor and the finished cupcakes are absolutely beautiful to look at.
I'm thinking that a Wish on a Star themed tea for New Years Day would be AMAZING! The flavor is a combination of spice cake and white chocolate with a hint of rose water; the matching buttercream is decadently rich and creamy.
👩🏻🍳 Frequently asked questions
For it to be a velvet cake it HAS to have buttermilk and baking soda. These are the ingredients that give velvet cake it's unique, velvety texture.
The cake and its original recipe are well known in the United States from New York City's famous Waldorf-Astoria Hotel, which has been dubbed the confection Waldorf-Astoria cake. However, thanks to the Steel Magnolias movie it is widely considered a Southern recipe.
📚 Related recipes
If you like a good cupcakes recipe as much as I do you'll love checking out some of my favorites here on Restless Chipotle.
- White Cupcakes with Whipped Cream Cheese Frosting
- Mexican Hot Chocolate Cupcakes
- Chocolate Cherry Cupcakes
- Copycat Twinkie Cupcakes
- Copycat Zebra Cakes
- 50 Best Cupcakes Recipes on the Internet
You can find everything from white velvet cake to red velvet cake, purple velvet cake to black velvet cupcakes... and pink velvet cupcakes recipe variations like these rose gold velvet cupcakes!
I am totally in love with this Rose Gold Velvet cupcakes recipe. It's easy, it's delicious, and it's pretty. That makes it perfect in my book!
If you've never used rose water before you can get it in many places as well as my Restless Chipotle Amazon Storefront.
Rose Gold Velvet Cupcakes with Rose ButtercreamPrint Save Recipe
- ½ cup butter, room temperature
- ½ cup sugar
- ¼ cup golden brown sugar
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon rose water, food grade
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- 4 ounces white chocolate, melted and cooled to room temp
- red food coloring, just a little to achieve a warm rose gold tone
- 1 ¾ cup all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¾ teaspoon cloves
- ½ teaspoon ginger
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 cup buttermilk, room temperature
- 8 ounces cream cheese, warmed to warm room temperature - use full fat not low fat or fat free. Do not use whipped.
- 1 pint heavy cream, very cold
- 1 ¼ cup Confectioner's sugar
- 1 tablespoon instant pudding powder - white chocolate
- 1 teaspoon rose water
- ¼ teaspoon almond extract
- red food coloring
- 6 ounces white chocolated, melted
- 1 package Edible Gold Stars
- 1 package Rose Gold Sprinkles Mix
- Edible Shimmer, gold and white
I earn a commission from Instacart from qualifying purchases.
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Blend dry ingredients together and set aside.
- Prepare muffin tins with cupcake liners of choice.
- Cream butter and both sugars until light and fluffy.
- With mixer on medium add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each.
- With mixer running add in the rose water, vanilla, and melted white chocolate.
- With mixer on low add in the red food color, a drop at a time mixing well after each drop, until you get a warm pink color. Actual color will depend on the amount of food coloring you use and how yellow the butter and egg yolks are.
- Mix in ⅓ of the flour mixture to the butter mixture.
- Stir in ½ of the buttermilk and repeat with flour mixture and buttermilk, ending with the last of the flour mixture.
- Bake for 6 minutes at 400F then turn the oven down to 350 and bake 15 more minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean - with maybe a few crumbs hanging on it.
- Cool completely before frosting.
- Beat the cream cheese and Confectioner's sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add the cream, pudding mix, rose water, and almond extract.
- Add in a few drops of red food coloring for a blush pink color.
- Beat until it's thick and fluffy and stiff peaks form. Don't overbeat.
- Use to frost Rose Gold Cupcakes.
White Chocolate Arcs
- Melt white chocolate.
- On a silpat or waxed paper spoon a small puddle of white chocolate and create an arc with the spoon
- Dust the white chocolate arcs lightly with the edible shimmer.
- Sprinkle with edible star sprinkles.
- Refrigerate until firm and ready to use.
- *Note: the arcs are VERY fragile so make more than you need.
Decorating Rose Gold Cupcakes
- Gently remove the white chocolate arc from the silpat.
- Push it into the frosting and slightly into the cupcake - be careful!
- Use Gold Sprinkle mixture to decorate the tops.
- Finish with more star sprinkles.
- Dust lightly with the edible shimmer.
- Store in the refrigerator. Let sit out for 30 minutes before serving.
Nutrition information is estimated as a courtesy. If using for medical purposes, please verify information using your own nutritional calculator. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.